Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:58:02 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  2015 vacation is booked. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2015 vacation is booked.  (Read 1934 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: July 04, 2015, 11:21:19 AM »

Not going overseas this time around.  (Maybe next summer or fall).  I'm going to fly out to Portland, Oregon, rent a car, and drive back home to Iowa.  I got bit by the road trip bug a couple weeks back.

Got the flight and car booked.  (Kind of disappointed I couldn't get a convertible though).  The nice thing was that I had enough miles with an airline that I was able to upgrade to first class for my trip.

I'm not really planning out a route, I'm going to instead make it up as I go along.  I think that'll be cool to go out west, hit up a few national parks, and take a few thousand pictures on the way.  I'll be able to add another five states to the number of states I've visited when I'm done.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 04:12:36 PM »

Nice. Enjoy yourself, sprite75.

I don't think I'll be able to get out on vacation till December of next year, when I have plans to spend a week in Florida around the time of my birthday.

You'll enjoy 1st class. The one time I was upgraded to 1st class, I really did enjoy it, so much more so than coach, which is what I normally fly.

The flying is what I am afraid is putting me off from traveling internationally. Domestically I can still travel coach, but, when it comes to international flights, I am going to have travel business class, and that is so much more expensive than coach.

When you get back, let us know where you went, what you saw. Nothing like living vicariously through someone else's vacation. And post photos if you can.

From a seasoned traveler, if not so much anymore, if you are going to wing it, like I use to do, then pull off the road before it gets dark. If you wait till it gets dark, before stopping, then you might have trouble trying to find a room to stay for the night.

Enjoy! And we'll see you when you get back.
sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 04:49:50 PM »

You'll enjoy 1st class. The one time I was upgraded to 1st class, I really did enjoy it, so much more so than coach, which is what I normally fly.

The flying is what I am afraid is putting me off from traveling internationally. Domestically I can still travel coach, but, when it comes to international flights, I am going to have travel business class, and that is so much more expensive than coach.

Yeah, I normally fly coach, the flights are not exactly the highlight of my trip.  Especially on ten hour overseas flights.  The seats aren't exactly comfortable and if you're anything other than a stick figure it can be pretty close quarters.  At least for me it's damn well near impossible to sleep in coach.  Most times I'm just managing to fall asleep then the pilot makes a change (course/altitude/etc) or the attendants start moving through the cabin to serve a snack or breakfast.  Last year I actually lucked out a bit coming home from Italy, the seat next to mine either hadn't been sold or was a no-show, so I had quite a bit more room to stretch out.  That flight went nice and quick because of the extra room.  Back in 2013 when I went to NYC there was a whole row that hadn't been sold so as soon as I could I hopped back into that row before anyone else could claim it.

If I go overseas next year I think I'll have enough mileage built up on American that I'll be able to at least fly one way first class.  Hopefully both ways.  If it's just one way I'd chose to come back on first since flights home take slightly longer and it'd be a nice way to end a trip.

sprite75

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 09:43:21 PM »

And I hope it's not a sign of things to come that this movie is opening the same day that I'm leaving on this trip.

Small | Large

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  2015 vacation is booked. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.