Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:42:12 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Goddamnit USPS « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Goddamnit USPS  (Read 6209 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 03:01:34 PM »

Alex - What did she sign was it Silver Spoons or Buck Rogers stuff?

I have never seen her Silver Spoons stuff. I am going to say it was a modelling shot from the late 70's/ early 80's.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 08:33:58 PM »

I'm waiting for a couple of CDs to come in the mail from a trade I did with a guy in Washington State (I'm in New Jersey)...he got my stuff over the weekend but still no sign of his packet at my end. Of course, the near-constant friggin' snow probably isn't helping things but still, the waiting is effin' killing me. Haha.

Still no CDs in today's mail. DAMMIT MAIL LADY WHERE IS MY SPY CAMERA? WHERE IS MY SPY CAMERA? WHERE? IS? MY? SPY? CAMERA???

Finally got my CDs yesterday. Happy dance!  BounceGiggle

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 08:24:04 PM »

We live about 10 minutes from one of Amazon's major distribution warehouses.  Been known to receive items the day after ordering.  Once or twice we even received it the same day!

One the other hand, when something has gone missing - it's annoying and frustrating.  Things improved a lot when our unpleasant mail carrier moved on, changed jobs, or whatever happened.  Our new mail carrier is much more pleasant.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 08:33:18 PM »

When I deliver Amazon stuff people sometimes tell me they ordered it the day before. they are starting same day delivery they haven't offered enough money for it to be worth it for me to do it.

In Manhattan they have one hour delivery across the whole borough now.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 01:02:27 PM »

I often receive packages earlier than I expect.  I have learned not to pay extra for expedited shipping.  I have ordered things that said I should expect delivery in 10 - 14 days, unless I pay extra to expedite the order.  I never pay extra and I usually receive the package in less than a week.  Someday, my luck will turn around and I will fall off a cliff or something.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 12:27:16 PM »

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 12:46:40 PM »

Never really had problems with USPS.  They actually follow the creed Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.  I have family members who have worked for the USPS.  I have one uncle who retired from there and another who's been doing it about 30 years now and will probably retire himself in a few years.  It keeps him pretty fit, all that walking and carrying stuff in all sorts of weather.

FedEx will have stuff out for delivery all day long and at the very end of the day come back and say oh we can't deliver today.  There have been times when I stayed home all day and they pulled that.  The last time they did that I had FedEx change it so that I would be going in to pick up the package instead of waiting on them.

I sort of have a pet peeve when someone like Amazon sends something that would fit in an envelope in a box big enough to hold something like a Nintendo Wii.  They did that a couple weeks back when I ordered some replacement clips for my Fitbit One.  The set would have been just fine in a standard envelope.  What did Amazon do?  They sent it in a box big enough for a Wii.  A box full of airbags with a little tiny box inside.  I do usually hold on to the boxes though so I can reuse them at Christmas, birthdays, or other times of the year.  It's not the most efficient way to ship something to put it in a box like that, that sort of bugs me.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Goddamnit USPS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.