Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:41:15 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Firefox blocking flash by default « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Firefox blocking flash by default  (Read 1608 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« on: July 14, 2015, 05:24:12 PM »

http://gizmodo.com/firefox-now-blocks-flash-by-default-1717664482

I understand their reasoning but this is very annoying and I suspect it's Firefox, not Flash, that will take the public relations hit.

Most every site uses flash, and it's how YouTube is delivered. So if your using this site and you're wondering why YouTubes aren't working, if you're using Firefox, there's your (probable) answer.

I always "allow" Flash to run on trusted websites. I hope they sort this out soon because it is annoying to have to allow flash to run every time I visit a website.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »

Unfortunately, a lot  of people are starting to move more away from Flash.  Now that HTML 5 and javascript/j-query and such are developing more animation features, more web animation is going to move to the browser side instead of  plug-ins.  

In my web design classes, we were taught that using Flash to create the entire web site was bad form because it doesn't allow for such search engines to find the site.

It even seems that many of its animation duties are being moved into After Effects and Illustrator.

I'm of two minds on the subject.  I've tried to learn Flash as well as many of Adobe's products, because they are industry standards.  And for the most part-their good products. Now with the Creative Cloud (which I still hate) it seems some of the cracks in Adobe's wall are starting to show.

While I still have plenty Adobe on my current computer-I've pretty much decided that when I get a new one I'll give the completion a try with Corel and Toon-Boom.    
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:25:05 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 07:40:51 AM »

Unfortunately, a lot  of people are starting to move more away from Flash.  Now that HTML 5 and javascript/j-query and such are developing more animation features, more web animation is going to move to the browser side instead of  plug-ins.  

In my web design classes, we were taught that using Flash to create the entire web site was bad form because it doesn't allow for such search engines to find the site.

It even seems that many of its animation duties are being moved into After Effects and Illustrator.

I'm of two minds on the subject.  I've tried to learn Flash as well as many of Adobe's products, because they are industry standards.  And for the most part-their good products. Now with the Creative Cloud (which I still hate) it seems some of the cracks in Adobe's wall are starting to show.

While I still have plenty Adobe on my current computer-I've pretty much decided that when I get a new one I'll give the completion a try with Corel and Toon-Boom.    

It's an ever evolving dance between virus developers and web developers, isn't it? Malware developers target the successful technologies, so once something like Java or Flash gets everywhere, it starts to be attacked and probed constantly. Which makes developers want to move to something more secure, which grows in popularity because it's safer than the old tech, which makes viruses designers target it, which makes developers want to move to something more secure...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:38:19 PM »

It's an ever evolving dance between virus developers and web developers, isn't it? Malware developers target the successful technologies, so once something like Java or Flash gets everywhere, it starts to be attacked and probed constantly. Which makes developers want to move to something more secure, which grows in popularity because it's safer than the old tech, which makes viruses designers target it, which makes developers want to move to something more secure...

Yep.  These things usually have more holes than my underwear and once you sew one shut a new one opens up.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 12:41:37 AM »

Yep.  These things usually have more holes than my underwear and once you sew one shut a new one opens up.

My long lost brother!  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 10:41:18 PM »

My long lost brother!  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

Of course the undergarments that have holes in them I'm going to take with me on vacation, wear 'em, then throw them out.  I've done that on trips before, taken old clothing that wasn't in good shape any more and threw it out each day.  It made room for other goodies (wine, etc) to bring home.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Firefox blocking flash by default « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.