Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:32:35 PM
713367 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Cecil The Lion: a sad story indeed « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Cecil The Lion: a sad story indeed  (Read 14929 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 10:29:55 PM »

Something's been bugging me, did this guy have a convicted of poaching? Also, please don't go after his family, they probably want to distance themselves after this
However, these two have no excuse:

In related news, this lady went full stalker mode and tweeted out the dentist' number.

Ofcourse she took it down, but now a bloodthirsty mob wants to kill him to avenge Cecil's murder. I say seems legit to the last part.

yeah no.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 12:09:51 AM »

El Misfit, the American (I assume that is who you are asking about?) killed a black bear outside of his permit zone - forty miles outside of it - and lied to the officer who caught him by saying he had shot the bear within the area named on his permit.  He was on probation for one year for that offense.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 12:13:50 AM »

With a conviction like that on his record, he shouldn't have ever been issued a hunting license again.
It's a sad story and the actions of all concerned were unsavory. Bluesad

But I still think it has become the nature of our society to overreact to everything.
Whether it's the Confederate flag, or Cecil the Lion, or whatever else is the cause of the moment -  everybody jumps all over it, gets totally invested in it, then forgets all about it when the next story of the week comes along.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 12:28:06 AM »

With a conviction like that on his record, he shouldn't have ever been issued a hunting license again.
But I still think it has become the nature of our society to overreact to everything.
Whether it's the Confederate flag, or Cecil the Lion, or whatever else is the cause of the moment -  everybody jumps all over it, gets totally invested in it, then forgets all about it when the next story of the week comes along.
Perhaps.  I believe you love the natural world, and much of this story is sentimental.  Yet, it remains powerful.  Why? 
Indy... are you callous?  Get out of the "news" and look at the story.  Can you not understand that CECIL matters?  Now.  Because he is dead.  You and I will be long dead but CECIL will be remembered long after. 
And he was just a frickin' lion. 
...Why? 
Don't spout. 
Think. 
Feel. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 12:32:17 AM »

Imagine if the Planned Parenthood video from a fortnight ago had generated this much collective outrage.

That video, however, is suspect.  If there is truth to that story, it is disgusting and must be stopped.  I do think that many people are walking around with cadaver skin in their bodies after surgery and may not know it. 

We live in a world full of horror and dread.  Your avatar has long been that beautiful tiger.  The destruction of the natural world is merely symptomatic of our world's ills.  This story about CECIL is embarrassing particularly for Americans.   We're angry. 

http://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-man-killed-lion-keeps-low-profile-amid-055219642.html#

I think ER is right.
Had Dr Walter Palmer been some kind of high profile leftist, the circle jerks would be stumbling over themselves to excuse this guy & downplay the severity of this PARTICULAR animal's death.

Copenhagen Zoo, anybody?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 01:55:09 AM »

Small | Large

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 02:37:33 AM »

I just signed the extradition petition on Whitehouse.gov. If he is extradited and convicted in Zimbabwe, I hope he enjoys the comforts of Chikirubi Jail.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 06:14:59 AM »

In related news, this lady went full stalker mode and tweeted out the dentist' number.

Of course she took it down, but now a bloodthirsty mob wants to kill him to avenge Cecil's murder. I say seems legit to the last part.

Oy, Mamma Mia.............  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 09:16:37 AM »

Imagine if the Planned Parenthood video from a fortnight ago had generated this much collective outrage.

That video, however, is suspect.  If there is truth to that story, it is disgusting and must be stopped.  I do think that many people are walking around with cadaver skin in their bodies after surgery and may not know it. 

We live in a world full of horror and dread.  Your avatar has long been that beautiful tiger.  The destruction of the natural world is merely symptomatic of our world's ills.  This story about CECIL is embarrassing particularly for Americans.   We're angry. 

http://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-man-killed-lion-keeps-low-profile-amid-055219642.html#

No, I'm with you 100%, the dentist is clearly a dick, was unethical, and probably broke the law in doling out a horrible death to the beast. Screw the man. Let him go to jail. I just find the dichotomy of reaction interestingly revealing in the way it seems to sum most people up into two camps. The "taking" (what a puke-worthy word here) of one lion puts people marching in the streets, but the dismemberment of countless fetuses is defended by many of those same individuals loudly condemning the killing of a single animal. I do question the priorities there. Me, I was angered and saddened by the slaying of this noble lion, and I was disgusted and outraged by the other video I mentioned. (All of which, unedited and uncensored, by the way, is available online, if you think the presentation of media outlets have made it suspect.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 09:39:35 AM »

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 11:47:45 AM »

...Me, I was angered and saddened by the slaying of this noble lion, and I was disgusted and outraged by the other video I mentioned. (All of which, unedited and uncensored, by the way, is available online, if you think the presentation of media outlets have made it suspect.)

I would not be so sure about that 'unedited and uncensored' part, if it is the video I have seen discussed.  Don't believe everything you see - or are told.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2015, 12:10:39 AM »

Regardless of how you feel about the death of a lion, this lady, in my humble but correct opinion, is a total whackjob!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2015, 02:40:19 AM »

On the one hand I'd agree she does sound a bit of a nutter, but on the other hand I've heard stuff that makes what she is saying sound completely sane compared to what more established religions say so I'm not going to go judging her.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 09:59:12 AM »

You know, it's the darndest thing, Cecil spoke to me too! He said to tell everybody he never liked being called "Cecil" when his actual name is "Roarmeister von Blackmane, Mate of Many Lionesses, Slaughterer of Scores Rivals Males' Infant Cubs". (He's especially proud of that last part of his name.) He wants it known he's tired of this publicity, and that one day in the afterlife he plans to ambush and serially devour the hypertensive jackass who shot him. He says he's in a better place, eating fat zebras, rogering lioness groupies 'round the clock, and pooping on fresh grass up in heaven. He asks that in his memory money be constructively donated to the International Red Cross, which is trying to save the lives of Syrian children, more than 100,000 of whom have been slain in their nation's war between ISIS and its government. He says to tell everyone that since he's dead he can't be helped, but those children who are still alive can be, and thinks aiding them is a better use of any feelings of outrage. He wants his privacy back and thanks everyone for their understanding in this difficult time.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 04:57:50 PM »

Cecil the Lion's 'Brother,' Jericho, Killed by Hunter, Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force Says 

http://gma.yahoo.com/cecil-lions-brother-jericho-shot-killed-says-zimbabwe-184520985--abc-news-topstories.html 

A lion named Jericho who is known as Cecil the Lion's brother, was shot and killed today, the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force said, in the wake of the country calling for the extradition of the American dentist who admitted killing Cecil in early July.

However, a researcher who monitors the lion with a GPS tag told Reuters that Jericho "looks alive and well."

http://gma.yahoo.com/cecil-lions-brother-jericho-shot-killed-says-zimbabwe-184520985--abc-news-topstories.html

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Cecil The Lion: a sad story indeed « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.