Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:20:34 PM
714381 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How often do you watch this stuff??? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: How often do you watch this stuff???  (Read 12055 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: August 09, 2015, 02:26:34 AM »

OK-this is BAD movies-but really-how often do you watch these old films?
Myself-I have watched BRIDE OF THE MONSTER (1955) and the BRAIN THAT COULDNT DIE (1959) so many times I cant imagine-maybe just as much as old Star Trek reruns or Gilligans Island.
DRACULA (1931),the SON OF FRANKENSTEIN (1939),PSYCHO(1960).
The f**king WIZARD OF OZ (1939) I saw every f**king year cuz my dad loved that f**king movie!Me too.
SO!
What movies have you seen over and over?
I can list more and I will-! Thumbup

Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:29:49 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 03:54:02 AM »

I grew up in Germany and my TV watching was restricted to three channels only. We had no HBO, Elvira, and chances of catching really bad trashy movies on TV were kind of slim. Heck, the movies of Ed Wood were labeled as art house stuff here  Thumbup

Movies I watched on TV countless times as a kid:

King Kong (1933)
The Thing from Another World (1951)
The War of the Worlds (1953)
Them! (1954)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Psycho (1960)
The Innocents (1961)
The Birds (1963)
The Haunting (1963)
The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)
Rosemary's Baby (1968)
The Devil Rides Out (1968)
Expulsion of the Devil (1973)
All the Kind Strangers (1974)
Phantom of the Paradise (1974)
Carrie (1976)
Marathon Man (1976)
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976)
Spare Parts (1979)
Jaws of Satan (1981)
Split Image (1982)

plus pretty much all Christopher Lee Dracula movies and Hammer Productions.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 05:59:28 AM »

I never even heard of EXPULSION OF THE DEVIL (1973)-what the hell (no pun intended) is that?
This is new to me-what is that??
Now I need to know!
Now ya got my attention! Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 06:10:11 AM »

One of my favorites is The Man From Planet X.  I watched it on Netflix several times then bought the DVD and watched that several times lol.  I've seen War of the Worlds quite a few times, and I've got those Universal Mummy and Frankenstein collections but they usually only get watched around Halloween.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 06:38:09 AM »

I never even heard of EXPULSION OF THE DEVIL (1973)-what the hell (no pun intended) is that?
This is new to me-what is that??
Now I need to know!
Now ya got my attention! Buggedout

Rare French movie about a family moving in a secluded and supposedly haunted farm. Joined by Paranormal investigators filming a documentary. There's a bit of weird euro-style coming of age, and a few creepy and shocking scenes of the supernatural. When we were kids this film was super-scary, but I haven't seen in ages. I see it is up on youtube though.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »

Off the top of my head Dr. Strangelove, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Manos: the Hands of the Fate, The Godfather, The Godfather Part 2, Bride of the Monster and 2001.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:10:09 AM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 01:44:11 PM »

SUCKER PUNCH and ZOMBIE HAMLET are probably my two favorite repeat views that fall in the "Bad Movies" category.

Although in the case of SUCKER PUNCH, the category is dead wrong. #greatestfilmofalltime

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »

I've watched countless times...

The Goonies (1985)

Robinson Crusoe (1954)

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)

Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)

Godzilla's Revenge (1969)

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 05:30:49 AM »

At one time Aliens & The Rocky Horror Picture show were regular viewings. These days Moontrap gets watched regularly as does The Creature From The Black Lagoon (for some reason that is a movie I am almost never not in the mood to watch) & Remo: Unarmed & Dangerous.

My wife seems to have gotten a taste for shark movies (with the exception of 2 headed shark attack which gave her nightmares - I think it was Brooke Hogan's acting) so the Sharknado films have come into regular rotation in the man cave.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 04:37:48 PM »

As a kid/teen, I watched the original Star Wars Trilogy countless times, the original six Star Trek films numerous times (as well as the original Star Trek TV series). Also watched stuff like Battle Beyond the Stars, The Last Starfighter, Tron, The Black Hole as much as I could. As a kid, our youth club used to show us the Bruce Lee films (via film projector) which I quickly grew to love. Like you, saw The Wizard of Oz numerous times. I've watched The Thing From Another World, The Day the Earth Stood Still, It Came From Outer Space, Bride of Frankenstein, Invaders From Mars (1953), Godzilla, King of the Monsters, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Forbidden Planet, The Time Machine (1960), Quatermass an the Pit (1967), 2001: A Space Odyssey, Planet of the Apes (1968), Soylent Green, The Omega Man. Logan's Run, the Alien films, Blade Runner, Ghostbusters, The Terminator films (first 2), 12 Monkeys, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal,Krull, the Christopher Reeves Superman films quite a number of times as well.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 03:18:52 AM »

As a kid, I have basically had the same problem as claws - nothing much on TV. As a teen repeated VHS viewing of: Braindead, Army of Darkness, Rocky Horror Show, Meet the Feebles.

At a younger age, we had Horror Stories on cassettes and I could recite some of them, preferably with my sister. Here is one example:

- are there similar things somewhere else?

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 07:41:56 PM »

OK-this is BAD movies-but really-how often do you watch these old films?
Myself-I have watched BRIDE OF THE MONSTER (1955) and the BRAIN THAT COULDNT DIE (1959) so many times I cant imagine-maybe just as much as old Star Trek reruns or Gilligans Island...
I could never take "Gilligan's Island" so I never watched much of it.  I definitely saw them very young but only remember the characters and always hated it.   Lookingup 

DRACULA (1931),the SON OF FRANKENSTEIN (1939),PSYCHO(1960).
The f**king WIZARD OF OZ (1939) I saw every f**king year cuz my dad loved that f**king movie!Me too.
SO!
What movies have you seen over and over?
I can list more and I will-! Thumbup

http://youtu.be/B_ABk1pUXPY

Seen more times than I can now count...? 

THE WIZARD OF OZ
THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER 
SINCE YOU WENT AWAY
IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
CARNIVAL OF SOULS
THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN
THE SON OF FRANKENSTEIN
THE WOMEN
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? 
KING OF KINGS 
KING KONG
so many...
MIGHTY JOE YOUNG
SON OF KONG
EQUINOX...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 09:51:26 PM »

CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS  
DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT
HOUSE OF SEVEN CORPSES  
KILL BILL VOL. 1
KILL BILL VOL. 2
PULP FICTION
STRAIT-JACKET
GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE 

Small | Large

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 10:09:59 PM »

DEATHDREAM aka DEAD OF NIGHT
DEAD OF NIGHT
MARK OF THE VAMPIRE
THE RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE
THE RETURN OF DRACULA
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS
NOT OF THIS EARTH
MOLE MEN AGAINST THE SON OF HERCULES
A CHRISTMAS STORY 

claws
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 05:16:40 AM »

As a teen repeated VHS viewing of: Braindead, Army of Darkness, Rocky Horror Show, Meet the Feebles.

This is where I did most if not all my catching up on bad movies. We rarely rented tapes from German video stores, we got all our videos from US military bases. During the video boom we had memberships to like 20+ different rental places. I miss the old days  Bluesad Early VHS movies on repeated viewing:

Mommie Dearest (1981) - I still had trouble gasping this whole "camp" concept at an early age, but we had a blast watching Faye Dunaway abusing her movie daughter and we didn't feel guilty about it.
The Sender (1982) - This was an instant favorite upon my first viewing.
Fiend (1980) - The first movie to cause physical pain. After everyone in the family had seen and suffered through it we erased the copy.
Friday the 13th Part III (1982) - Not sure why but we always watched this one more often than part 2 and the first.
One Dark Night (1983) - An early Halloween viewing favorite. l always enjoyed the intensity during the final half. Plus we thought the movie was quite creepy in general.
Black Samurai (1977) - The one that made me truly love bad movies. Our first viewing was historical and hysterical. We did a running commentary and by the time the movie ended we were soaking wet from tears of laughter. Not to mention a sore stomach also caused from laughing.
A Night to Dismember (1983) - This one became an instant bad movie night favorite and got better with each viewing.
Evil Town (1977/1987) - This was Fiend bad but for unknown reasons I was addicted to this pile of junk. It is very dull, lacking unintentional humor, and combines at least three different crappy movies made into one.
Cage (1989) - Lou Ferrigno at his most dramatic in a martial arts beefcake exploitation movie. Bad but not really bad movie classic material.
The Attic (1980) - Offbeat and charming and weird. This was a personal favorite of my sister's and we would usually make it a double feature along with one of my favorites, The Hearse (1980).
Breeders (1986) - Another bad movie night favorite.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:20:14 AM by claws » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How often do you watch this stuff??? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.