Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:12:12 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Guy Gets Thrown Into A Pit Of Bird Looking Monsters « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guy Gets Thrown Into A Pit Of Bird Looking Monsters  (Read 6421 times)
Bennyzilla
New Visitor

« on: August 12, 2015, 10:48:01 AM »

Hello,

I've been trying to remember the name of this movie, television episode, or something that I saw when I was younger that has been driving me insane. 

All I really remember was at the end a guy got put into a pit and these little almost pterodactyl looking blood sucking monsters came out to try to kill him.  I can see the pit he was in and the little monsters in my mind but just cannot remember what this was. 

I've already looked through all the episode descriptions from Tales From The Crypt, The Outer Limits, and Tales From The Darkside TV shows and didn't find it there. 

I think I remember seeing it on the Sci Fi channel (Well before SyFy)

I've also been trying to remember the name of a set of movies where a guy buries his wife alive and she escapes and makes a kind of "sawlike" maze in the house that he has to try to escape..Pretty sure this one has a sequel where the main character falls victim to the old not cooked right puffer fish and is buried alive.  I watched both these on USA network while home sick from school.

Any ideas?
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 12:10:57 PM »

All I really remember was at the end a guy got put into a pit and these little almost pterodactyl looking blood sucking monsters came out to try to kill him.  I can see the pit he was in and the little monsters in my mind but just cannot remember what this was. 

It's been a long time since I've watched this, but something like this happens in At the Earth's Core (1976)Doug McClure and Peter Cushing travel to the Earth's core, where they meet Caroline Munro and a primitive civilization enslaved by telepathic pterodactyls.

Andrew has a review of it here, where you can see some screencaps.

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
Bennyzilla
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 01:26:21 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I checked the movie out but I don't think that was the one I'm thinking of.  My movie had a more modern feel to it than At the Earth's Core.  I almost remember the set up of the film being very much like the movie Society in the sense that I think someone was luring people to this pit and feeding them to these monsters.  The more I think about it the more I think they were like sucking peoples blood or marrow with their birdy snouts.

That fire breathing toad is the raddest thing I've ever seen though.  Cannot thank you enough for that.   

For the record the other movie I was thinking of was aptly titled "Buried Alive" and had a sequel called "Buried Alive 2"  both were produced by USA studios.  The first one was actually directed by Frank Durabont(sp?) of the ever popular The Walking Dead.
godzilla1966
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 08:16:10 PM »

Hello it sounds kind of like the movie: The Pit from 1981
Bennyzilla
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 08:21:53 AM »

Hey I checked out The Pit and that definitely wasn't it.  Cool movie though, If anything I'm getting a lot of those out of my search. 

I'm beginning to think this must have been some sort of fever dream mash up between Society and the Mourning' Mess episode of Tales from the Crypt.

Either way thanks for thew reply
dick rambone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 07:51:09 PM »

my guess would have been the 80's movie "the pit" as well. God i love the little boy in that movie! Anyway I saw a very very crappy (in a bad way) movie a while back called jug face where they throw people in a pit, only other thing I could think of right now
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 04:03:31 PM »

I wonder if you could be thinking of the baby dragons in DRAGONSLAYER (81)? They are, basically, pterodactyl-like dragon offspring and they're in a cave (looks like a pit) and they eat people in a bloody way. Here are screengrabs: http://www.kindertrauma.com/?p=1841
Bennyzilla
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 11:18:31 AM »

Dragonslayer might be it but for some reason I remember the creatures looking more alien with pterodactyl like snouts or something.  Still looking for this movie after all this time lol
Burt Satan
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 11:30:45 PM »

Maybe Necronomicon:Book of the Dead (1993)?  Not birds exactly, but one of the segments, "Whispers", has a gal stuck in a cave with these bat monsters that try to pull some bloodsucking business.  

Can't post a direct link, but it's on Youtube.  The scene in question starts around 1:16:00.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Guy Gets Thrown Into A Pit Of Bird Looking Monsters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.