Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:52:18 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Greetings « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 4462 times)
OttoMoBiehl
New Visitor

« on: September 01, 2015, 08:01:56 PM »

Hi everybody, I didn't see an "introduce yourself" forum so I thought I'd do it here.

Anyway, I'm pretty much a lurker and have been lurking on and off since around 1999 or so. Recently I decided to sign up and did so a couple of days ago. I'm not much of a contributer as, like a lot of folks, I don't think I have too much to add. Maybe some tutorials on DIY film-making.

I do really enjoy bad movies but I find I prefer the ones that are shot on film over the ones shot on video. I even, with some friends, completed a bad short movie a number of years ago. (Look up Nevous Guard on IMDb). It wasn't my script or story. I just acted in it a little and did all the digital effects. It didn't do much except get in a film festival in Las Vegas back in 2005. No awards though. Of course it's a bad movie and should be treated as such. You can see a 2.0 version of the flick on IMDb if you are so inclined to. Keep in mind it's a shorter version of the original as my buddy cut out a bunch of stuff for some strange reason.

I've just got done buying a 16mm film camera off Ebay and I think I'll might start slowly putting together another film. We'll see.

Anyway, I've always thought the community over here was pretty good and I've often found myself laughing out loud at the reviews (both Andrew's and other contributors).

So, once again, hello everybody,
Dan
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:53:16 PM »

Hey Dan,

First: Welcome!

Second: That's awesome you're getting a camera, let me know how it shoots as I'm thinking of resurrecting my Super 8 camera and getting back into film.

Third: DON'T APOLOGIZE FOR MAKING SHORT B-MOVIES! They're awesome. I'll try and track down what you did.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »

i  like shorts
there's the stuff on my imdb page, & then there's the stuff on my youtube channel.
i'd like to do more slapstick, but the folks around here are into stuff with lots of lines.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
OttoMoBiehl
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 09:24:45 PM »

Thanks guys!

@dean: Super 8 is awesome. I hope you do pull out the old camera, dust her off and shoot some stuff. I bought a Super 8 camera in the 80s when I was back in high school and played around with the single frame advance feature. I made all kinds of stop motion shorts. Mostly GI Joe vs Star Wars as those were the action figures I had back then and I was too lazy to build a proper armature. Laser beams were made by scratching the film emulsion (after it was developed) with a pin and then using a highlighter to add some color. Super 8 is so cool I thought about getting a camera for that format too. Just to play around with it. My biggest regret with that camera was that I didn't telecine my footage. My projector had a nasty habit of eating film.

@LilCerberus: I'll have to look up your YouTube and IMDb page. I'm always curious what others are doing.I am a pretty big fan of the DIY approach to film-making. I do not mind slapstick either.
LilCerberus

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 09:30:01 PM »

@LilCerberus: I'll have to look up your YouTube and IMDb page. I'm always curious what others are doing.I am a pretty big fan of the DIY approach to film-making. I do not mind slapstick either.

oops
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5549321/
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL237DD523F8E60B95

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
OttoMoBiehl
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 09:47:00 PM »

Thanks!

I got the chance to look at a couple of your videos. I really, enjoy the Ed Woods style flying saucer. I'll have to watch more later when I get some more time.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »

Welcome aboard!  Hope you enjoy your time with us, and stick around for awhile!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
OttoMoBiehl
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 10:03:27 PM »

Welcome aboard!  Hope you enjoy your time with us, and stick around for awhile!

Thank you! I've enjoyed my lurking years so I'm sure that's covered. I think I will stick around for awhile.
LilCerberus

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 10:17:01 PM »

Actually, having been at a low powered volunteer radio station for nine years, I've been trying to get more into live audio capture & voice over.

Last Fall, I got a Zoom H4n & a Sampson CL8 off ebay, but I haven't had enough chances to play with them as I'd like.

When I bring up ADR with some of the local filmsters who rely too much on the built in mics on their i-cams, they act insulted.

This week on ebay, I kinda got my fingers crossed on a Rode NTG 1 & an Audio-Technica AT8035.

I know a few things about studio mics, but very little about shotgun mics, & absolutely nothing about lavaliere mic kits.

OttoMoBiehl
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »

Actually, having been at a low powered volunteer radio station for nine years, I've been trying to get more into live audio capture & voice over.

Ah radio. Not a bad gig. I worked in radio a number of years ago. A local country station. I'm not much of a country person so I had a hard time with knowing who was who except for big names like Garth Brooks. I got out of that and work in TV now. Just behind the scenes and usually in Master Control.

Last Fall, I got a Zoom H4n & a Sampson CL8 off ebay, but I haven't had enough chances to play with them as I'd like.

Nice kit! I've heard of the Zoom H4N but have not gotten to play with it. I've heard it does a pretty good job though.

I have a TASCAM DR-40 myself and it does a pretty good job. I think it might be comparable to your Zoom H4N. I have an assortment of shotgun mics and I pick and choose as needed. They are all serviceable but not really high end.

When I bring up ADR with some of the local filmsters who rely too much on the built in mics on their i-cams, they act insulted.

Personally I prefer ADR over location or wild recording. I feel I have more control over the audio. Unfortunately ADR takes time and a lot of the guys who I work with don't have the patience for it either.  Of course if I'm going to shoot on film (and I am) ADR is required as my Super 16 camera is noisy.

This week on ebay, I kinda got my fingers crossed on a Rode NTG 1 & an Audio-Technica AT8035.

More nice kit. Fingers crossed that works out for you. Just need to get some projects where you can go out and use it.

I know a few things about studio mics, but very little about shotgun mics, & absolutely nothing about lavaliere mic kits.

That's where those projects are nice to have. I still consider myself an audio noob but I've gone out with different mics (and different video/film equipment too) and played around. Learn by doing has always been my motto. Of course having a grasps on the basics help. Something I've been very guilty of not having at times.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 11:08:14 PM »

Welcome aboard! 

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
OttoMoBiehl
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 11:11:11 PM »

Welcome aboard! 

Thank you!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 12:54:41 AM »

Welcome, Dan: enjoy but be on the lookout for the friendly South African with the dodgy, icky undies. * Buggedout

* Me.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Skull
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 06:01:10 AM »

Hi everybody, I didn't see an "introduce yourself" forum so I thought I'd do it here.

Anyway, I'm pretty much a lurker and have been lurking on and off since around 1999 or so. Recently I decided to sign up and did so a couple of days ago. I'm not much of a contributer as, like a lot of folks, I don't think I have too much to add. Maybe some tutorials on DIY film-making.

I do really enjoy bad movies but I find I prefer the ones that are shot on film over the ones shot on video. I even, with some friends, completed a bad short movie a number of years ago. (Look up Nevous Guard on IMDb). It wasn't my script or story. I just acted in it a little and did all the digital effects. It didn't do much except get in a film festival in Las Vegas back in 2005. No awards though. Of course it's a bad movie and should be treated as such. You can see a 2.0 version of the flick on IMDb if you are so inclined to. Keep in mind it's a shorter version of the original as my buddy cut out a bunch of stuff for some strange reason.

I've just got done buying a 16mm film camera off Ebay and I think I'll might start slowly putting together another film. We'll see.

Anyway, I've always thought the community over here was pretty good and I've often found myself laughing out loud at the reviews (both Andrew's and other contributors).

So, once again, hello everybody,
Dan

Nice to see you coming out of the closet :)
Skull
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 06:14:02 AM »

About me...

I'm Skull... I also go by a pen name Richard Staschy. I enjoy bad movies, mostly horror but I do enjoy other types. I do have high expectations when it comes with good movies (especially when they have big budgets and multiple of writers). Low budget films I'm willing to over look the flaws (unless they are humorous).

As a writer I wrote a few short stories (currently posted on Amazon) I do have a few books, too. One book is called: HIM (which is still going through a major editing phase and fingers crossed it will be released by October this year!)

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Greetings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.