Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:19:54 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Greetings « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 4643 times)
OttoMoBiehl
New Visitor

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 04:13:30 PM »

Welcome, Dan: enjoy but be on the lookout for the friendly South African with the dodgy, icky undies. * Buggedout

* Me.  Wink

Gotcha, be on the look out for the friendly South African with dodgy undies. Check.  Wink

If I do stumble upon him is it a duck and cover type of thing or do I need to call an institution or something?

Thank you for the welcome! Cheers

About me...

I'm Skull... I also go by a pen name Richard Staschy. I enjoy bad movies, mostly horror but I do enjoy other types. I do have high expectations when it comes with good movies (especially when they have big budgets and multiple of writers). Low budget films I'm willing to over look the flaws (unless they are humorous).

As a writer I wrote a few short stories (currently posted on Amazon) I do have a few books, too. One book is called: HIM (which is still going through a major editing phase and fingers crossed it will be released by October this year!)

Hi Richard!

I do agree with you on big budget movies but, unfortunately, I'm often disappointed. I did enjoy Fury Road though. More like that please. As far as B-Movies go I enjoy most any genre that has a really low budget but where the film-makers were able to do incredible stuff with such a small budget. Those are far and few between though.  I also enjoy the horror movies from the 60s, 70s and 80s. The 90s with the transition to digital film-making really doesn't sit well with me though there are some good films out there.

A writer too. Cool. I have an lot of respect for people who sit down to write a story and then get it published. A lot of hard work. I've been guilty of starting writing projects but never finishing them.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 05:23:41 PM »

! No longer available Small | Large

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 01:10:36 AM »

or do I need to call an institution or something?

That is exactly what you need to do.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Skull
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 07:18:39 AM »

Hi Richard!

I do agree with you on big budget movies but, unfortunately, I'm often disappointed. I did enjoy Fury Road though. More like that please. As far as B-Movies go I enjoy most any genre that has a really low budget but where the film-makers were able to do incredible stuff with such a small budget. Those are far and few between though.  I also enjoy the horror movies from the 60s, 70s and 80s. The 90s with the transition to digital film-making really doesn't sit well with me though there are some good films out there.

A writer too. Cool. I have an lot of respect for people who sit down to write a story and then get it published. A lot of hard work. I've been guilty of starting writing projects but never finishing them.

I saw Fury Road at the show and it was awesome... :)

The secret of writing and finishing the story is an outline (therefore if you get in a part that you cannot write, well you jump to the next part of the story and then you jump back when your ready). If you need help I could show you :)
dean

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 09:20:22 PM »

When I bring up ADR with some of the local filmsters who rely too much on the built in mics on their i-cams, they act insulted.

I'm an editor, and had a client tell me once he wanted a scene to sound intimate and gave me an example from another film as the scene I had cut didn't have 'the right intimate sound to it'. I had to break it to him that the scene had better recorded audio because it was ADR not field recorded and his eyes bugged out. I said we could do it ADR if he wanted but told me no as they didn't have the budget and later complained that it still didn't sound intimate enough.   Lookingup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 10:26:50 PM »

When I bring up ADR with some of the local filmsters who rely too much on the built in mics on their i-cams, they act insulted.

I'm an editor, and had a client tell me once he wanted a scene to sound intimate and gave me an example from another film as the scene I had cut didn't have 'the right intimate sound to it'. I had to break it to him that the scene had better recorded audio because it was ADR not field recorded and his eyes bugged out. I said we could do it ADR if he wanted but told me no as they didn't have the budget and later complained that it still didn't sound intimate enough.   Lookingup

I actually tried doing ADR this past spring for an acting gig I'd had last summer... The director couldn't get the lavaliere to work, & lost the pole to his boom mic & was too good to try clipping it to a broom stick, & his sound girl was shorter than me....
Then, rather than call me in for ADR during principle production like he did everyone else, he called me & one or two others back some seven or eight months later, long after I'd forgotten my thirty second part.

By then, he had managed to get some nice high tech closet space a some center for the hearing impaired. Problem was, I had a cold at the time, & felt very uncomfortable being locked in a closet with someone else.
I'd never seen any of the footage before this, & should've asked for a few days to rehearse...
I also have ADHD & Aspergers' & asked to see the clock so I could better sync what I was reading with what I was saying on screen.
After about forty-five minutes, with a few breaks & sound checks in between, the director decided to go with the live audio he already had.

I was pretty embarrassed.
That's just one of many reasons I want to accumulate & master My own equipment.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Greetings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.