Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:48:26 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  TV Shows That Are Overrated/Underrated/Just Right « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TV Shows That Are Overrated/Underrated/Just Right  (Read 2064 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: September 09, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »

Again, not necessarily "good or bad" just too hyped or too overlooked or about the right amount of critical praise.

Overrated: Downton Abbey, MASH, Seinfeld, Friends, the modern Doctor Who, Deadwood, True Blood, Carnivale, Perry Mason, Twin Peaks, all CSI series, The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson, The Sopranos, Oprah, Family Guy, Eastenders, the 2014 Cosmos, The Walking Dead, My So Called Life, Anthony Bourdain’s shows (used to love them but he’s so two faced), How I Met Your Mother (NPH was the only good reason to watch after season three), Portlandia, Gilmore Girls, The Charlie Rose Show,  AND Bill O’Reilly.

Underrated: Survivor, Ashes To Ashes, classic Doctor Who, Angel, NYPD Blue, Bonanza, Picket Fences, Orphan Black, Copper, King of the Nerds, The Returned (French), Babylon 5, Late Night With Conan O’ Brien, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Twilight Zone, The Office (US), King of the Hill, Freaks and Geeks, Mr. Bean, Better Call Saul, Halt and Catch Fire, Good Eats, Parks and Recreation, Jeremy Brett’s Sherlock Holmes, Arthur, Firefly, Dawson’s Creek, Are You Being Served, AND Futurama.

Just Right: Outnumbered, Life On Mars (UK), Upstairs Downstairs, the Star Trek series, The West Wing, The X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Breaking Bad, All In The Family, Northern Exposure, Bones, Game of Thrones, The Big Bang Theory, Mad Men, I Love Lucy, The Simpsons, Family Ties, Lost, Blackadder, The Joy of Painting, Sherlock, AND the original Cosmos.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:09:33 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 09:25:31 PM »

It`s all a matter of opinion I guess. To me:

Overrated: Family Guy, The Simpsons (especially as it went to later seasons), MASH, Buffy, Angel, Modern era Doctor Who, all CSI shows, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Friends, Under the Dome, Girl Meets World, Law & Order and spin-offs, How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Two and a Half Men, South Park, Smallville, Full House, Charmed, Degrassi, NCIS shows, Beverly Hills 90210, Malcolm in the Middle, Stargate SG-1, Cheers, Dawson's Creek, Battlestar Galatica (2000s), Star Trek: Voyager, Saved by the Bell, Oz, Everybody Loves Raymond, My Name is Earl, Happy Days, Dragon Ball Z, Inside Amy Schumer, Farscape, Home Improvement, Will & Grace, The Batman, Absolutely Fabulous, Mrs. Brown's Boys, Mad About You, Masters of Horror

Underrated: The Outer Limits (original), The Outer Limits (1990s), The Twilight Zone (original), The Twilight Zone (1980s), The Time Tunnel, Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, Doctor Who (original), Hawaii Five-O (original), Boy Meets World, That `70s Show, Elementary, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Star Trek: TOS, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Man from UNCLE, The Avengers, The Saint, Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, Freaks and Geeks, Degrassi Jr. High/Degrassi High, The Kids of Degrassi Street, Night Heat, Married with Children, Frasier, Battlestar Galactica (1970s), Columbo, The Green Hornet, Star Trek: DS9, Futurama, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Little House on the Prairie, Murder She Wrote, The Wonder Years, The Golden Girls, Roseanne, 3rd Rock from the Sun, The Munsters, The Odd Couple (original), Batman: TAS, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Addams Family, InuYasha, Bewitched, The Waltons, Justice League, The Incredible Hulk (1970-80s), Torchwood, Mission: Impossible, Young Justice, Batman Beyond, Red Dwarf, Quantum Leap, The Fugitive, Cold Case, Dinosaurs, The Rockford Files, Hill Street Blues, I Dream of Jeannie, Are You Being Served?, Keeping Up Appearances, Fawlty Towers, Good Times, Mr. Bean, One Day at a Time, Welcome Back Kotter, WKRP, Taxi, The Rifleman, Wings, Simon & Simon, Spenser for Hire, Sanford and Son, Just Shoot Me!, Get Smart, X-Men (animated series 1990s), Undergrads, The Wild Wild West, Space: 1999, China Beach, Kung Fu, Kung Fu: The Legend Continues

Just Right: Seinfeld, I Love Lucy, Star Trek: TNG, Twin Peaks, Batman, Gilligan's Island, Matlock, Perry Mason, All in the Family

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  TV Shows That Are Overrated/Underrated/Just Right « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.