Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:27:25 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  BAD TV !! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: BAD TV !!  (Read 23871 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: September 13, 2015, 11:38:26 PM »

BAD  TV !!  
I'm majorly into my BAD movies... so much so that I look at BAD TV too... Never really thought about it... I mean in the right context... and I don't look at a lot of TV.  I was once again watching a BAD two-part "The Love Boat" (yes, "The Love Boat" this one from 1979) with a stunning cast like... RAYMOND BURR CHRISTOPHER GEORGE KIM DARBY JOHN RUBINSTEIN ... STOOPID plot AND stoopid dialogue.  I've always hated that show.   Now I'm watching it.  I am stunned by the casts... I think I mentioned a fraction of the actors in this two parter sh!t.  
I think I'm starting to love it.   Lookingup TeddyR  "The Love Boat" is so BAD.   Drink BounceGiggle 

Did I mention MICHAEL COLE (in a wheelchair)? (Again, yes again). 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:59:52 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 06:36:07 AM »

I used to really like that show too, it's light entertainment at its lightest  BounceGiggle

Lately I've been watching Jason of Star Command, that live-action kids show from 1978.  Cheesy as can possibly be imagined, with Sid Haig as the bad guy

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 09:46:12 PM »

Grew up watching Knight Rider, the A-Team, the Greatest American Hero, the Dukes of Hazzard, The Incredible Hulk, MacGyver, the Love Boat, Magnum P.I. which I enjoyed a great deal back then but I have to admit some of them were pretty bad shows at times. That said, I'd take any of 'em over most modern day reality TV shows. What about shows like Manimal and Automan? I loved Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future animated show too. By today's FX standards, that would probably be considered pretty bad. Back then, it was cutting edge. In the 90s I enjoyed stuff like Thunder in Paradise and Sweating Bullets too.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »

Bad television programs... Can name you just about as many of those as I can movies.

Out of the many I've seen, my top B-Rated TV picks would be:

SUPERHUMAN BAROM 1: Two children are given a device, called the "Bop", by an alien wizard, called "Kopu", that allows them to turn into a superhero called "Barom 1" (the device also has many other abilities, but that's the main one). After Kopu suffers a random case of self-combustion, it is up to the kids (Barom 1) to save Japan from a shadow alien, with horns, called "Doruge", and his army of fingerprint men, animal-based demons, plant-based demons, fungus-based demons, and even body part-based demons!

DIAMOND EYE: WARRIOR OF LIGHT: A news reporter tracks down a gem stolen by gem thieves. The news reporter gets in big trouble with these thieves, and a superhero, called "Diamond Eye" appears from a stolen diamond ring, and reveals the thieves to be members of a monster group, called the "Zensei Majin". Diamond Eye entrusts the ring in the news reporter, so that any time he is in danger, Diamond Eye would appear to save him.

ULTRAMAN ACE: The next "Ultra" in the series must fight against an alien called "Yapool", and his army of object and animal-based monsters! Including a hot-air balloon, a pigeon, a swimming pool, a salamander, a violin, a cactus, and more! But these monsters are no ordinary "Kaiju". They are stronger creatures, called "Choju". However, they seem to have a hard time avoiding decapitation, or being brutally (but cheesily) ripped apart in some other fashion.

ASSAULT! ARMOR JACK!: A Japanese toy company, Amapro's sad attempt at making a tokusatsu with their character, Armor Jack. It seems to have no plot, the budget was probably less than $1000, each of the only three episodes is about only 2:30 long, and the monsters look like fast-food restaurant mascots. The recurring theme in the only three episodes is two monsters fighting each other, and then Armor Jack appear to stab them both. It's probably one of the worst tokusatsus ever made.

MACHAAKI MAETAKE HAJIMARU YO! Nobody has told me a fully translated title for this one, so I'm just using the name it is most commonly addressed by Americans (it's the second Japanese name, written with the English alphabet). Anyways, it's a variety show where the actors have their monsters brawl for... I guess competition purposes or something. One of the actors also teaches calligraphy. I've actually never seen this show, but the images I've seen of the monsters look pretty hokey.

Yeah, I know, most of my picks were mainly tokusatsu, and that's because they are cheesy, and I love them.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:51:10 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 07:56:16 PM »

I've literally watched all 22 seasons of Power Rangers.  In fact, I own the first 17 seasons on DVD.  It's got it's charms to it. 
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 12:44:11 AM »

Well with no Adobe Flash Player working I can't look at embedded, but, "The Love Boat" takes the cake as far as amazing casts with sorry story lines.  Soggy story lines.  It's so bad I like it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 04:40:48 AM »

I love Love Boat just because it is so bad.... I have wondered more than once what the guest stars thought when they got the scripts and how much the tv studio had to blackmail them into doing the shows.

www .imdb. com /list /ls003505129/  (can't post links yet, I guess I need to make more posts :D  so you can take out the spaces)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 06:20:03 AM »

How about FANTASY ISLAND?

I thought that show was totally cool as a teen, but watching it on TV land, it's so bad my brain wants to leak out my ears!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 09:09:39 AM »

I thought that show was totally cool as a teen, but watching it on TV land, it's so bad my brain wants to leak out my ears!

Used to love watching that one and have often thought I'd like to see it again sometime.

On the subject of TV shows, I was bought a DVD recently of a cartoon called The Ghost Busters (which throughout makes quite some effort towards accentuating the space between Ghost & Busters). It turns out this was originally an old TV show (and the reason a certain other cartoon ended up being called The Real Ghostbusters). Kristi expressed an interest in looking up the show and I just wondered if anyone here had seen it, or knew where I could get it?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:11:41 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 02:04:45 PM »

I REALLY hate to say this, but Castle is turning into Bad TV; it's all over the place this season.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 11:03:03 PM »

The LOVE BOAT! UGH!
I have caught myself watching GILLIGAN'S ISLAND lately on some cable channel-that and the DUKES OF HAZZARD! I dont know why.
Heres an oldie but a baddie-

HR PUFINSTUF

AHH!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 11:49:34 PM »

The LOVE BOAT! UGH!
I have caught myself watching GILLIGAN'S ISLAND lately on some cable channel-that and the DUKES OF HAZZARD! I dont know why.
Heres an oldie but a baddie-

HR PUFINSTUF

AHH!

http://youtu.be/j5e9yCB-hiw

Hehehehehe, good one!

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 02:20:15 AM »

Dam! I recall watching this s**t-"-change his body to steel or granite or whatever-"

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 02:37:46 AM »

the LOST SAUCER was awful-starring Gomer and Ruth Buzzi!
I think that was about 13 years old.

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 10:02:10 AM »

Used to love watching that one and have often thought I'd like to see it again sometime.

On the subject of TV shows, I was bought a DVD recently of a cartoon called The Ghost Busters (which throughout makes quite some effort towards accentuating the space between Ghost & Busters). It turns out this was originally an old TV show (and the reason a certain other cartoon ended up being called The Real Ghostbusters). Kristi expressed an interest in looking up the show and I just wondered if anyone here had seen it, or knew where I could get it?

I remember that cartoon - it predated the Bill Murray movie by ten years or more - one of the actors wore a gorilla suit, and I think it was called SPENCER, TRACY, AND KONG: GHOST BUSTERS.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  BAD TV !! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.