Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:27:14 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  BAD TV !! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: BAD TV !!  (Read 23869 times)
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 12:08:35 PM »

How about FANTASY ISLAND?

I thought that show was totally cool as a teen, but watching it on TV land, it's so bad my brain wants to leak out my ears!

Used to love watching that one and have often thought I'd like to see it again sometime.

On the subject of TV shows, I was bought a DVD recently of a cartoon called The Ghost Busters (which throughout makes quite some effort towards accentuating the space between Ghost & Busters). It turns out this was originally an old TV show (and the reason a certain other cartoon ended up being called The Real Ghostbusters). Kristi expressed an interest in looking up the show and I just wondered if anyone here had seen it, or knew where I could get it?

Yes! I saw it a long while back. I remember the episode where they had to stop a hooded monster who was making everyone's dreams appear in reality. It was an interesting and bizarre series, and to be honest, I fairly enjoyed it. I'm not much of a cartoon person (at least, I don't really care for any of the modern cartoons, except for The Simpsons), but it wasn't bad.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 07:19:20 PM »

Here are some videos on my top picks for bad TV:

Warrior of Light Diamond Eye (also known as "Diamond Eye: Warrior of Light" or just "Diamond Eye":

A news reporter and his buddy, Diamond Eye who is just a silly looking hero encased in a diamond look for gangsters that are really goofy looking monsters in disguise. The monsters include a turtle-beetle with a tentacle tail, a heavily deformed troll, a lizard cat, and much more! Definitely a very exciting show, with a deceiving price. What do I mean? On Amazon Japan, you can find the complete DVD set for $500+! But, if you scroll down you can just buy the volumes separately for a much cheaper price.

Superhuman Barom 1:
! No longer available Small | Large

How can something so silly take itself so seriously? This show is about two boys that are given a device by an alien wizard, named Kopu. The device is called the "Bop" (not kidding), and they must fight the alien shadow man Doruge and all of his silly creature or body-part based monsters! Truly a B-Rated masterpiece!

White Lion Mask:

This is by far the definition of a "hoot". Some guy who can transform into the bizarre looking hero must fight a silly looking thing called the "Infernal Devil" and fight against his yokai-based minions (the costumes are just people with monster masks, for the most part).

Batman:

The completely buff, strong, and menacing (sarcasm alert) DC heroes must save Gotham from more devious crooks! The silliness is just so funny, and the variety of villains is a crackup. Even better, the villains are played by famous actors, like Vincent Price as Egghead, and much more! And if you have the IFC channel, it comes on every Saturday morning!

Assault! Armor Jack!:
http://nicoviewer.net/sm160878

This has to be the most low-budget tokusatsu I've ever seen in my life. The three-episode show was meant to promote an ambitious toy company name Amapro's characters. The entire show is just two monster getting into conflict, and then the hero, Armor Jack steps in and kills them all.

Ultraman Ace:

My favorite Ultraman show because of the monsters summoned by the alien, Yapool! From swimming pools, to balloons, to pigeons, to urine-stained beds as monsters!

Monster Prince:

Silly low-budget show about a kid who is friends with dinosaurs, particularly a brontosaurus. They adventure in a land of dinosaurs and get in a whole lot of trouble!

Doctor Who (I mean the old ones! Calm down!)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28z90e_the-dominators-pt-2_shortfilms (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

The new Doctor Who shows are genius and well-written. The older ones are... well, quite B-Rated if I might say. Including this episode, with the little spiky robot guys.

Fireball XL5

Fun show, around the time of Space Patrol (a similar show) where the crew of a spaceship are entirely puppets. It's just quirky, old and cheesy.

Godzilla Island

This is basically a TV show made with kaiju figures. It's a Godzilla show, but all the characters are figures as opposed to the actual rubber suits that we all know and love.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:57:46 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 10:32:59 PM »

'Bad' meaning good?

I have all 3 seasons of Gilligan's Island on DVD.

You can quiz me on anything Gilligan's Island... or ask me anything about the show.
I know every episode like the back of my hand.

I've been watching Gilligan's Island since the late 70's

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 12:10:39 AM »

SUPERTRAIN!  One of the all-time most infamous flops.  1979, NBC; only lasted nine episodes!

An awful cartoon:
STUNT DAWGS (1992-92)
Awful, obnoxious cartoon involving stunt vehicles driven by both heroes and villains.

One of the more botched comics-to-cartoon adaptations (mostly due to the bad voice acting):
AVENGERS: UNITED THEY STAND (1999-2000)

As a bonus:
NBC did a spoof of their "Proud as a peacock" campaign when their ratings were awful in the early 80s under Fred Silverman.

We're loud!  Uh huh, say it again, NBC
We're loud!  We're in last place
Loud!  We're gonna fall right on our face
Loud!  Since Freddy came our ratings always stayed the same
An 18 rating, a 14 share
Bet you wonder if we care
No!  We're just proud to be, NBC
We're loud!  We're living in the past
Loud!  The bottom's dropping out we're
Proud!  Of our 40 shows, just watch our shares go up your nose
We don't care, it's all there
NBC is always there, we're not just proud to be, we're also loud
We're loud!  We're louder than the rest
So loud!  It doesn't matter, we're not the best
Loud!  We're gonna screw around and run this network in the ground
The peacock's dead so thank you Fred
Yeah, thanks a whole lot
NBC, proud as a peacock!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 12:32:16 AM »

'Bad' meaning good?

You can quiz me on anything Gilligan's Island... or ask me anything about the show.

I refer to bad as B-Rated. And my definition of that is either so bad that it's good, plain awful, or just hokey.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »

'Bad' meaning good?

Listen my dear friend: "Gilligan's Island" is bad.  Really bad.  Bad can be good, as in my first example "The Love Boat".  I don't like it at all, never did, but, for a moment there I was tuning into these two-parter episodes and had a blast naming the huge casts, responding to the STOOPID dialogue or setups.  That show's dumb... like "Gilligan"

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 06:35:25 PM »

Certain flicks can be considered good or bad, depending on the viewer's opinion. I respect both of your opinions. The definition of a B-Rated flick comes within the viewer's opinion. So, the answer to Gilligan's Island: Good or bad is all up to the viewers' opinions. I don't think there's really a definitive answer to that one. Personally, I'd call it B-Rated but I still enjoyed it. I wouldn't call it "bad" as in bad bad. B-Rated bad, however.

Cheers

Here are three honorably b-rated mentions:

Breadwinners: Make the awful singing stop....

The Starlost: Bad Canadian ripoff of Star Trek.

The Adventures of Paddy the Pelican: It's all voiced by one guy, they forgot to color anything in, and the voice syncing is phenomenal. 10/10
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:27:20 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

VenomX73

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 08:23:22 PM »

Gilligan's Island is not bad  Twirling 'B-Rated' - maybe lol

hey, it's better then some dumb reality shows today...

the Professor is awesome... he fixes everything!

and

Maryann is HOT, - right?............... yup 100% Wink

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 10:39:19 PM »

Gilligan's Island is not bad  Twirling 'B-Rated' - maybe lol

hey, it's better then some dumb reality shows today...

I certainly agree with both of those statements!

Storage Wars: Meh, probably staged.

Honey Boo Boo: Please kill me.

Duck Dynasty: A "reality" show about rich people who look like redneck cannibals.

Every time I hear the words "reality show", I think of this:

And I don't think Gilligan is badly bad, but like I said above it's about the viewer's opinion.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:47:53 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

VenomX73

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 10:53:01 PM »

Knight Rider 80's, The Dukes of Hazzard, Three Stooges and Benny Hill

Cheesy, B rated - yes lol - bad... no.

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 11:15:18 PM »

Knight Rider 80's, The Dukes of Hazzard, Three Stooges and Benny Hill

Cheesy, B rated - yes lol - bad... no.

No, truly bad (like, awful bad) films (in my opinion) are something like The Greenhouse, Humanoids from the Deep, or something like that. I absolutely hated those two. And I've seen worse, those are just examples. The 80s ones are the worst for me.

I'm sticking to obscure 60s/70s Japanese tokusatsu, thank you very much.  Twirling

VenomX73

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 11:29:13 PM »

Imo - If I had to list a show that I would class as BAD - that would be...

MASH... why? I didn't like it - I know others love it though, my mom loves it.

Video Power With Johnny Arcade (1990)
Small | Large

Cheesy bad - but great for me!

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2015, 12:33:22 AM »

Ugh, I can't stand Mash either. No thank you!

Here's one that's probably considered B-Rated but I adore this one!

The Addams Family

VenomX73

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2015, 10:43:41 AM »

Here's one that's probably considered B-Rated but I adore this one!

The Addams Family

I always loved The Munsters

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 10:56:36 AM »

Yes, I loved that one too!  BounceGiggle

I liked the thing that lived under their stairs (I think it had a name, I forget though).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  BAD TV !! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.