Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:34:03 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  [SOLVED] What is the Japanese-to-English translated name of this show? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [SOLVED] What is the Japanese-to-English translated name of this show?  (Read 7709 times)
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« on: September 20, 2015, 05:28:21 PM »

Hey, this is solved now, all thanks to 316zombie and her friend, Yoji! According to him, the show has no literal translation. But it basically meant "Chat Before the Parody Show Machaaki". The show was a parody of tokusatsu shows, such as Ultraman, Spectreman, Ambassador Magma, Jumborg Ace, etc., back in 1971. It was on for only about six months.

The show itself was preceded by a documentary-styled show, where viewers could call in and discuss UFOs, Youkai, and things like that.

Thank you 316zombie and Yoji so much for helping me re-discover this lost treasure!

FEEL FREE TO SEE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE, BELOW

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I've been researching this one Japanese variety show, and I did happen to find two Japanese names for it. But I still have no clue what it would be in English.

I've been getting the info off of what I could understand from a Google Translated Japanese wikipedia article.

It is a variety show featuring Masaaki Sakai, and Takehiko Maeda, as well as these two monsters:

Due to the heinous forum policy, I can't post proper links. So just copy the fake URL below into your URL search, and replace the xs in "hxxp" with ts (so it says "http"), and it should bring you to the image.

hxxp://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/n/nkpmkp/20150609/20150609073957.jpg

The bird-like one is "Machaaki Monster Garigari", and the two-tongued one is "Maetake Monster Berobero".

Supposedly Machaaki is Masaaki's nickname, and Maetake is Takehiko's.

I found two Japanese names for this show, but I can't translate it.

マチャアキ・前武_始まるヨ!
Machaaki zen Takeshi . Hajimaru Yo!

マチャアキ・まえたけ はじまるヨ!
Machaaki Maetake Hajimaru Yo!

If somebody knows more about this show, or could help out with the name, that would be great! Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:20:42 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
316zombie
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 08:02:48 PM »

give me a couple of weeks, i'll contact my friend uma. she's married to a tv producer in japan, he can probably help, but it will take a bit of time. busy people, you know how it is.
  i'll do my best!
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 07:36:43 AM »

Wow, thanks for your help!

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:35:17 PM »

Found this:

hxxp://kaiju.wikia.com/wiki/Machaaki_Before_Maetake_Begins_Yo!

Is this yours?

Google Translate gives that title, and I figured you'd tried them.

I asked a friend who's a translator, and they said that the part which translates into "Machaaki" could be a phonetic version of a word in another language, but given that looking into this produced info that the show includes a "Masaaki" character, it seems like the interpretation in this article that it is a nickname is likely.

Their translation of the second part (here "Begins Yo!") was something along the lines of "Let's start the battle."
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 10:57:04 PM »

Found this:

hxxp://kaiju.wikia.com/wiki/Machaaki_Before_Maetake_Begins_Yo!

Is this yours?

Google Translate gives that title, and I figured you'd tried them.

I asked a friend who's a translator, and they said that the part which translates into "Machaaki" could be a phonetic version of a word in another language, but given that looking into this produced info that the show includes a "Masaaki" character, it seems like the interpretation in this article that it is a nickname is likely.

Their translation of the second part (here "Begins Yo!") was something along the lines of "Let's start the battle."

That's my friend's. Probably under my account. It's just info that I found and sent to him in an E-Mail, that he made an article out of. I guess that name was his attempt at translating it?

And yes. Masaaki, and Takehiko are nicknamed Machaaki and Maetake. I found that by using Wikipedia (the Japanese one was the only one that had Takehiko, but luckily Google Translate didn't turn all of the text into literal gibberish, so I could tell what it was supposed to say).

Thank you very much for the information. That part about the "Let's start the battle" translation makes me think that the show was mostly about Machaaki and Maetake's monsters fighting each other. But, the Google Translated Japanese wikipedia article on the show also had something about Machaaki teaching Japanese. There were a few parts that the translator did way too literally, and bits and pieces of the article were very hard to understand.

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 11:28:34 AM »

Hey, this is solved now, all thanks to 316zombie and his friend, Yoji! According to him, the show has no literal translation. But it basically meant "Chat Before the Parody Show Machaaki". The show was a parody of tokusatsu shows, such as Ultraman, Spectreman, Ambassador Magma, Jumborg Ace, etc., back in 1971. It was on for only about six months.

The show itself was preceded by a documentary-styled show, where viewers could call in and discuss UFOs, Youkai, and things like that.

Thank you 316zombie and Yoji so much for helping me re-discover this lost treasure!

316zombie
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 09:19:18 PM »

uummm..gene? i'm a HER, lol! yoji is a HIM though, my female friend uma's husband. Cheers
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »

uummm..gene? i'm a HER, lol! yoji is a HIM though, my female friend uma's husband. Cheers

Ah, apologies. Fixed now.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  [SOLVED] What is the Japanese-to-English translated name of this show? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.