Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:58:29 AM
714205 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anyone here familiar with/collect Kaiju vinyl? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Anyone here familiar with/collect Kaiju vinyl?  (Read 4107 times)
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« on: September 23, 2015, 10:50:17 PM »

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with, or collects vinyl dolls (figures) of Kaiju (Cheesy Japanese monsters from things like Ultraman, Godzilla, etc.) I am personally a collector in these items (and I still have no clue why, they just sit on the shelves all day), so I wonder if anybody else here has the same interests.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 04:34:00 PM »

I do.

I have MechaGodzilla 74 - MechaGodzilla (Tokyo SOS), 60's Godzilla all vinyls...

I have some minis as well, Gamera vs. Viras, Godzilla smashing buildings, Ultraman... etc.

I dont have display shelves yet, I will someday...

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 06:37:18 PM »

Awesome, nice collection! Mine are mostly Ultra Monsters, but I have a couple Godzilla, Barom 1, and Gamera monsters. My most recent buys are:

Builgamo, from Ultraman Jack. By Yamanaya.

Took forever to find this treasure
Machres, from Ultraman Ace. By Marmit.

My only minis are Nova, Alien Wyaan, Mochiron, Black End, and Alien Bunyo. I have no clue what they're worth or how rare they are, just thought they were neat so I got em'.

Also, are you currently hunting for any figures?

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
VenomX73

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 07:04:57 PM »

Cool collection...

Yes - the Type 66 Maser Cannon from The War of the Gargantuas.

Also hunting for Mecha Kong from King Kong Escapes.

When I was a kid I had Mazinger Z the 2 foot figure! I also had Godzilla Shogun Warriors.

These are all the figures I wish I had kept ^ - plus I had 70's Wolfman, green face Dracula vinyls.

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:24:39 PM »

Ah, those are pretty good figures too! Mechani Kong is a pretty rare one, from what I heard. There is a Type 66 Maser Cannon on eBay, but it's quite pricey. I'm currently hunting only one right now, which is:

Mechagiras, from Ultraman 80. By POPY.

My want list in general is absolutely enormous, but that's the only one I am looking for as of right now.

Another one that I've wanted for quite a while is this one:

Udegeruge, from Superhuman Barom 1. By Rainbow.

The episode with this thing is hilarious! So funny, that the show should be on this site. The monster repeatedly says "Fingaaa!", and its power is to extend its middle finger to constrict its foes. So, literally giving the opponent the finger.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 08:59:21 PM »

I've got a few that I've picked up at G-Fest or other Sci-Fi cons  over the years.  I've got a 4 in Godzilla, Space Godzilla, Destroyah, and Kiryu.  Plus some 8in Heisei MechaGodzilla, Godzilla and what I believe is called Leo Mothra. 

I know I want to get a few more of the smaller ones, but with my space situation right now, its hard to justify buying anymore.   

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 10:13:45 PM »

I've got a few that I've picked up at G-Fest or other Sci-Fi cons  over the years.  I've got a 4 in Godzilla, Space Godzilla, Destroyah, and Kiryu.  Plus some 8in Heisei MechaGodzilla, Godzilla and what I believe is called Leo Mothra. 

I know I want to get a few more of the smaller ones, but with my space situation right now, its hard to justify buying anymore.   

This is Mothra Leo, also known as "Rainbow Mothra".

Those are some good finds! Really like Destoroyah (Destroyah, Desutoroia Desotroyah, Destoroyah, or however you spell it).

How much smaller (in height, inches) figures do you want to get? The normal height is around 8 inches (most think 6, because that's what Bandai is known to use. Pretty much all other brands use 8, however).

VenomX73

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 05:12:45 PM »

Godzilla vs. Destoroyah 1995

Great movie - Sad ending.

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »

Godzilla vs. Destoroyah 1995

Great movie - Sad ending.

Yes, one of my favorite Godzilla films, next to Final Wars.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 05:20:09 PM »

How much smaller (in height, inches) figures do you want to get? The normal height is around 8 inches (most think 6, because that's what Bandai is known to use. Pretty much all other brands use 8, however).

The 4in ones are fine, although I did pick up a few of those Godzilla Blind bag figures, that are only about an inch tall. 

If i was to get anymore, I'd want a Gigan, as he's one of my favorite Godzilla foes, and then a Rodan and Anguirus-as they were my favorite Godzilla allies.

I really wish some of the American movie monsters got more of the figure/toy lines.  I think X-plus had some good statues, but I would have loved to have had some toys of the Rheduasurs form Beast from 20, 000 Fathoms or the Giant Claw.  I think the closet I got was getting some generic insect toys and pretending they were the giant bugs from certain movies.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 06:07:11 PM »

The 4in ones are fine, although I did pick up a few of those Godzilla Blind bag figures, that are only about an inch tall. 

If i was to get anymore, I'd want a Gigan, as he's one of my favorite Godzilla foes, and then a Rodan and Anguirus-as they were my favorite Godzilla allies.

I really wish some of the American movie monsters got more of the figure/toy lines.  I think X-plus had some good statues, but I would have loved to have had some toys of the Rheduasurs form Beast from 20, 000 Fathoms or the Giant Claw.  I think the closet I got was getting some generic insect toys and pretending they were the giant bugs from certain movies.

Yeah, a Rhedosaurus or Giant Claw would be neat. And yes, certain eBay sells and whatnot do sell generic toys and saying they are monsters in movies. Like a Chinese Dragon toy that was said to be Manda, from Atragon (there's a real, and rare figure of him by Y-MSF) or a praying mantis toy said to be Kamacuras (I believe Bandai has a rare figure of the real one too).

If you were to get Gigan, Anguirus, or Rodan, I would recommend the Bandai versions (those go up to six inches, but they're still great figures). Their figures of both the "Showa", and Final Wars versions are very well done, and not very expensive.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 08:31:49 PM »

I love that vinyl, but only had a few 1980s GODZILLA figures in vinyl... I did have Mark from G Force and Jetta Marusa (Jet Mouse?) tin windups with vinyl heads and cape... I had Mark from G Force and Jason (?) (both "Battle of the Planets"...?)  action figures.  Most of those were Japanese market only. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 08:54:38 PM »

I love that vinyl, but only had a few 1980s GODZILLA figures in vinyl... I did have Mark from G Force and Jetta Marusa (Jet Mouse?) tin windups with vinyl heads and cape... I had Mark from G Force and Jason (?) (both "Battle of the Planets"...?)  action figures.  Most of those were Japanese market only. 

Nice figures! I only collect the tokusatsu and Daikaiju film monsters, but I've seen the ones you mentioned.

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 11:03:31 PM »

Made a Pinterest board with my collection of kaiju.

https://www.pinterest.com/GeneWorm/japanese-vinyl-my-kaiju-collection/

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »

I don't know if it qualifies but I have a huge Mr G standing on my coffee table.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Anyone here familiar with/collect Kaiju vinyl? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.