Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:50 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Legend of Billie Jean (1985) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Legend of Billie Jean (1985)  (Read 3083 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 01, 2015, 08:47:13 PM »

Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown

Some bullies do mean stuff to Billie Jean and her friends.  This somehow makes her decide to be an outlaw.  For some reason, being an outlaw makes her a folk hero.  She gives a "you suck" speech to an eeeeeeeeevil rich guy/politician/sheriff/idon'tgiveacrap and there's a big bonfire.  Pat Benetar sings.  The end.  Thank god.

Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown

This movie is as bad as Blackenstein.  It's almost as bad as Exterminator 2.  That's REALLY f**kING BAD.

I had to put my clothes back on, drive to the liquor store, and purchase some wine to help me forget this movie.  That's HOW BAD this movie is.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:50:17 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 02:17:49 AM »

It's funny to see Yeardley Smith in actual roles. Everybody who is anybody love Lisa Simpson.

I am an '80s kid, so when I first saw this movie, I thought it was really cool. I watched it years later, and it's not so good.

But...

There is a rocking Pat Benatar song.

So when Helen Slater cuts her hair and shouts "Fair is fair!" and becomes a martyr, well, how ridiculous can a movie get?

Also, it has Keith Gordon, who is goofy looking '80s kid. Keith Gordon has actually gone on to be an accomplished director, and not just Rodney Dangerfield's kid.

One of Christian Slater's first roles, no relation.

Most importantly, Helen Slater is white hot in this role. I mean that in a very shallow fashion, she is very good looking. The only movie where she is better looking is Supergirl, which is way, way worse than this movie.

I'm not arguing against your stance of the awfulness of this movie, but... Helen Slater.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 04:53:30 AM »

What is worrying me is the fact that our Akira watches films with his clothes off. Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 06:29:50 AM »

The funniest thing about this movie to me is that Corpus Christi is depicted as a city with no hispanic people. I live in South Texas. It is 80% hispanic. And yet I don't recall a single one shown in TLoBJ. Also, Helen Slater's "Texas accent" was pretty silly. That is not at all the way people talk around Corpus Christi. I saw a copy of this movie in a pawn shop yesterday on blue ray and almost bought it just to see if it was as silly as I remember, but they wanted $5 for it, and that was more than I was willing to spend.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 09:06:51 AM »

What is worrying me is the fact that our Akira watches films with his clothes off. Buggedout Wink

Is there any other way to watch a movie?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »

I like this movie and just watched the DVD commentary with Helen Slater and Yeardley Smith a few months ago.  Yeah, it's kinda cheesy, but that's what makes it so good!  Especially those G.I. Joe walkie-talkies they steal and use.  I had those when I was a kid.   Smile
3 out of 4 stars   Thumbup
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »

Is there any other way to watch a movie?

1) It gets you kicked out of the theatre, and you do not want to spill hot popcorn grease.
2) I have a soft spot for this film, I don't remember it as good or anything.  But I do remember liking it. 
Fully clothed
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Legend of Billie Jean (1985) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.