Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:42:35 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, Has Anybody at Any Time Done Anything . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So, Has Anybody at Any Time Done Anything . . .  (Read 2183 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 02, 2015, 04:59:50 PM »

I've heard of this . . .
in drive-thrus
in restaurants,
but . . .?!
I have never heard of this . . .
in a grocery store

Yesterday, I was in one of the local supermarkets purchasing groceries, when the man ahead of me in the checkout line, gave the employee at the cash register, a sum of money to pay for the groceries of the person next in line, which was myself. And its not like I didn't have the money, as I had the money in my hand, but . . .?!

My total grocery bill came to under $10.00, or, more correctly $9.99, that day, and that is when I found out the man ahead of me in the checkout line had given the employee $30.00 to pay for my groceries.

I wasn't going to accept that extra $20.00, so I used that extra money to pay, or partially pay, for the groceries for the group of 3 ladies behind me in the checkout line.

I have survived all these years by being able to roll with the best of them, but, thinking back on that incident, it just freaks me out.

Thus, has anybody at any time done anything for you that freaked you out?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 09:40:09 PM »

Almost anything that anybody does for me makes me happy. Smile
Im dead serious.
I dont feel like most of the time I derserve s**t-so when someone does someting nice for me-out of the blue!-Im very happy.
Trek Geezer sent me an old monster mag from the 70's a couple weeks ago-out of the blue-I been sending him Trekkie old mags when I find em-its cool.
Its all good my freind.
Not much of the news is as nice as day to day nice folks. Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 10:07:40 PM »

Almost anything that anybody does for me makes me happy. Smile
Im dead serious.
I dont feel like most of the time I derserve s**t-so when someone does someting nice for me-out of the blue!-Im very happy.
Trek Geezer sent me an old monster mag from the 70's a couple weeks ago-out of the blue-I been sending him Trekkie old mags when I find em-its cool.
Its all good my freind.
Not much of the news is as nice as day to day nice folks. Cheers
I always think about you when I return my grocery cart.  Just the other day some guy collecting the carts thanked me...  Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 10:45:15 PM »

Yeah I think there was one time where someone bought a meal or drink for us as a surprise.  I'm blanking on when and where though.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 06:54:23 AM »

Thus, has anybody at any time done anything for you that freaked you out?

Karma for paying it forward, BSK  Thumbup

It didn't freak me out but my adoptive parents opened their hearts and home to an abandoned and abused child 48 years ago: that faith has kept me grounded these many years.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 05:52:24 PM »

Thank-you for that, Trevor. That was an unexpected bonus. I think that whole thing was so odd and so out of the blue, it's something I'll remember to the day I die. And God bless your parents for what they did.

And RCM, having read your previously posted posts on this board, if anyone deserves to have good fortune to come your way, it is you, buddy. And if I had a wish to grant--which, unfortunately I do not--my wish would be for you to have none, but good fortune now and in the future. So, may you have none, but good fortune from now on, brother.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, Has Anybody at Any Time Done Anything . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.