Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:27:33 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  What is this Bizarre Character I Just Remembered? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is this Bizarre Character I Just Remembered?  (Read 11508 times)
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« on: October 04, 2015, 11:20:08 PM »

Hey guys, I have a character that I saw a vinyl doll (or maybe it was rubber?) of at a children's room, in the local recreation center, several years back. Just thought of it. Since I don't have the best memory in the world, describing him'll be interesting. The woman at the place told me what the intriguing character was, but I have forgotten. Anyone here know?

He was somewhat scare-crow-esque, but with no face (the head was just painted black), with red eyes. He had a huge hat, as well. It looked like a mix between a sombrero and a cowboy hat. Wish I could remember what his body looked like. It might have had purple on it, if that helps. I don't know why I am so intrigued by the origin of a children's toy, but I simply am. Anybody know or have any ideas on who this character is, or what he is from?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:46:58 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 12:53:47 AM »

Do you know it was from a movie?

I'm assuming you've ruled out the monster from Jeepers Creepers (which doesn't have red eyes).
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:27:47 AM »

Do you know it was from a movie?

I'm assuming you've ruled out the monster from Jeepers Creepers (which doesn't have red eyes).

Sadly, I do not. I think it was either from a movie or a TV show. When the woman told me the title, I wasn't at all familiar with it, so I didn't register it very well. Could've been a cartoon, for what I know.

The character did have some designs making him look like that of a comic book character (I looked up Batman's Scarecrow villain, and that wasn't really it either. However the LEGO one has similarities). And I remember seeing Jeepers Creepers, and that wasn't it.

I think I remember what was purple now. It was mainly wearing white clothes (not sure what kind), a purple robe, and hay-yellow colored shoulder pads.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 12:19:30 AM »

Dam-it sounds familiar-like IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (1953)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 12:45:34 AM »

Dam-it sounds familiar-like IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (1953)

Good guess, but that's not it. The character's hat was much bigger than that, I think. It made me think of a modern comic book or superhero show villain. Like Batman, Spiderman, etc. I'll see if there's anything like it on those mile long lists of villains.

AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 03:25:13 AM »

Um... that sounds a little bit like Raiden from Mortal Kombat, actually.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111241753/4803741-tunda.jpg
http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/news/mortal-kombat-raiden.jpg

Of course, Raiden's hat is in a very different tradition so I'm not sure if you'd forget that, but it's still a woven widebrim.
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 12:03:37 PM »

Um... that sounds a little bit like Raiden from Mortal Kombat, actually.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111241753/4803741-tunda.jpg
http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/news/mortal-kombat-raiden.jpg

Of course, Raiden's hat is in a very different tradition so I'm not sure if you'd forget that, but it's still a woven widebrim.

No, it's not Raiden, but I do see the similarities. The toy had its arms going forwards, and the purple robe tangled beneath its arms. Its main clothes were all white. Its entire head was completely black, with red eyes, and its hands might have been black too. However, now that I see Raiden's hat, I'm thinking that it was more like that. My mind went to sombrero, but it could just as easily be one of those hats as well.

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 11:47:44 PM »

Just remembered, the character's hat was not woven, but had that similar color. And it also looked more similar to a huge cowboy hat.

VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 08:40:12 AM »

Vampire Hunter D ?

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »

Vampire Hunter D ?

No, this character had white and purple clothing, a large cowboy hat (but it was a brighter color, making it look somewhat woven), and its face was completely black, with red eyes.

akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 04:21:46 PM »

Hmm ...  Woven "cowboy" hat, glowing eyes, black face ...

Here's The Scarecrow from Galaxy Rangers:

And here's his (extremely rare) toy:

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 05:17:35 PM »

Hmm ...  Woven "cowboy" hat, glowing eyes, black face ...

Here's The Scarecrow from Galaxy Rangers:

And here's his (extremely rare) toy:

Good find. The picture that was taken from Galaxy Rangers looks actually more similar to my character than the toy does. Either way, that's really close, but that's not it. It had white and purple clothes, and the most noticeable feature was its entirely black head, with red eyes.

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 12:20:10 PM »

Hey guys, I know that this is from four years ago (I don't know this site's stance on necroposting), but I finally figured out who this character was that I had this distant memory of.

Orko from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Thanks so much for those who tried to help me out during the time of this thread. Think it's time to finally consider this "solved". Sorry that my description was inconsistent, my memories were really vague. Could've sworn the hat was more cowboy-like, but I recognize it now that I see it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:22:35 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 12:38:56 PM »

Glad you finally got it solved.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  What is this Bizarre Character I Just Remembered? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.