Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:04:10 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Star Wars VII trailer « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Star Wars VII trailer  (Read 5284 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« on: October 19, 2015, 10:22:36 PM »

Yeah, here it is;

Small | Large

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 12:19:13 PM »

Oh man, I've been trying not to get my hopes up too much for this...but I am anyway.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 12:56:26 PM »

Oh man, I've been trying not to get my hopes up too much for this...but I am anyway.

I think you can all tell which one movie I'll be seeing in theatres come December.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 09:49:40 PM »

I am SO stoked for this one . . .  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 03:58:51 PM »

I am SO stoked for this one . . .  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

You're not the only one, Indy. I haven't seen any of the Star War films since Episode V, but . . .?! I do plan on seeing this one. I just don't know when I'll be able to see it, as its IMAX showing has already pre-sold 6.5 million tickets, and its other showings must be comparable.

Of course, depending how fast you were, and how much you wanted to pay to see it, one could have seen it a day before anyone else, as the AMC Movie Theater at Disney Springs was showing it on December 17, a day before it opens elsewhere, and after the showing, the party continues till 2:00 a.m. at Disney Hollywood Studios. Of course, all the tickets sold minutes after they went on sell, even at prices of $94.99 to $99.99. Though, for that price, you were allowed to come in costume.

And in one day, the trailer has received almost 30 million hits on YouTube, which should say something about its popularity.
VenomX73

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »

I AM SO READY FOR THIS MOVIE!

HURRY UP DECEMBER!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 03:44:15 AM »

Good to know I am not the only one in that position. Forcing myself to wait a few days after it comes out before I go and see it in the hope we can get to see it in a cinema that's not packed to the rafters with people.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
VenomX73

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 03:55:49 PM »

Thanksgiving day trailer!

Small | Large

Archivist

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 09:59:01 PM »

Who else has been randomly singing the Star Wars theme at odd moments in the day?

bababa baaaa BAAAAA
bababa BAAAAA BAAAAAAA

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
VenomX73

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 11:38:42 PM »

Oh yeah! 12 more days!  Thumbup

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 02:19:39 PM »

And here is some trivia to keep all amused till the film opens in the U.S.

The Storm troopers' guns are built around gas-bottled air guns. Almost every gas-bottled air gun in the U.K. being bought to create the Storm troopers' guns.

What was old is now new.
BB8's design was designed around the 1st design concept for R2-D2 in 1977, which was unworkable in 1977. And BB8 was designed and built to be an actual working robot.

The new design of the X-wing Fighter is based on the design of the original 1977 design.

Real locations and miniature models replaced green screen and CGI.

Filmed in . . .
England
Iceland
Ireland
Scotland
UAE (United Arab Emirates)
and New Mexico and California in the U.S.

Simon Pegg is the 1st actor to appear in both a Star Wars film and a Star Trek film. And J. J. Abrams is the 1st director to direct both a Star Wars film and a Star Trek film.

It's all relative.
Oscar Isaac's (Poe Dameron's) uncle is an extra in the film. And Billie Lourd, Carrie Fisher's daughter, is making her motion picture debut with her mother in this film, and only her 2nd acting credit. Her 1st being in the TV series "Scream Queens," as Chanel #3.

Mark Hamill is now the same age--63--that Sir Alec Guinness was in 1977.

Rumor has it.
That John Boyega's character Finn is the son of Lando Calrissian (Billy Dee Williams.)

The film has spawned a new comic book series from Marvel Comics "Princess Leia."

Sexual equality has come closer to Star Wars.
While not applicable to the books, comic books, and TV, all of which have featured female villains, this is the 1st Star Wars film to feature a female villain in the form of Captain Phasma, whose name is based on the iconic silver sphere in "Phantasm," and who is played by Gwendoline Christie, who began her every e-mail to her agent with "I want to be in Star Wars."

Tickets for the December 17 showing in the U.S. are reportedly going for $10,000 on E-Bay. No word as to whether the people offering the tickets have found any takers.

Role Reversal
In Episode IV, V, and VI, the heroes were the Rebels rebelling against the Empire. Now, in Episode VII, the villains, some of which are former members of the Empire, are the Rebels rebelling against the New Republic.

And we are likely going to try to see this on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, if I can get a ticket.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 03:22:12 PM »

One, of course, have heard that Disney/Lucas plan on releasing 5 more Star Wars films after Episode VII.

An interesting number 5, as it can be read in 1 of 2 ways.

1st read
Episode VIII - 2017
Episode IX -2019
+ 3 standalone films

Or, it can be read as . . .
Episode VIII - 2017
Episode IX - 2019
Episode X - 2021
Episode XI - 2023
Episode XII - 2025

Whether there are any more after this, depends . . .?! but . . .?!

Quite a bit of different detail went into this one.
21 different hand weapons (bow casters to blasters to pistols to rifles to light sabers)
+ 8 different military helmets were created for this film.

A number of years ago, I can remember watching a documentary on TV on the making of "The Empire Strikes Back," and one of the things I can remember from documentary is how they had to teach the actors how to fake the recoil from the hand weapons they were supposedly firing. No need to fake that now. The gas-bottle air guns used to make the weapons, really do kick back when fired.

Still looking to see it on Christmas or Christmas Eve.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Star Wars VII trailer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.