Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:58:54 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Films which disturbed you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Films which disturbed you?  (Read 6016 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 10:31:59 PM »

The Last House on the Left (1972)
Monster (2003)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1973)
Albert Fish: In Sin He Found Salvation (2007)
Requiem for a Dream (2000)
Freaks (1932)
Threads (1984)
Happiness (1998)
The Exorcist (1973)
Se7en (1995)
The Wizard of Gore (1970)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)
Naked Lunch (1990)
Hobo with a Shotgun (2011)
Spanking the Monkey (1994)
Kissed (1996)
Straw Dogs (1971)
Léolo (1992)
Ma Mère (2004)

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 09:35:43 PM »

Two that I've mentioned before:

Xiu Xiu - The Sent Down Girl (1998).  Directed by Joan Chen, it follows the story of a 15 year old Chinese girl sent to live and work in the country by the Maoist government during the Cultural Revolution.  She yearns to go back to the city, and she begins sleeping with local officials in hopes they can send her back. 

Meanwhile, the farmer with whom she is staying is in love with her, and watches silently as a literal procession of men use her night after night.  She becomes pregnant, has an abortion, and realizes that she has been used and will never see the city again.  She asks the farmer to kill her, and bury her in the rock pool he made for her.  I found that movie so disturbing that it kept me awake all night, and I had to talk about it with work colleagues the next day. (Indy gave me karma after I talked about how that movie affected me the first time. Thank you, Indy.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiu_Xiu:_The_Sent_Down_Girl

! No longer available Small | Large

Santa Sangre (Sacred Blood) (1989).  Alejandro Jodorowsky (The Holy Mountain) directs a crazy movie about the life of a boy who grows up in a circus of freaks.  Tattooed women, armless people, random knife throwers, delirious cults and messianic imagery abound.  The trailer for this movie played when I went on my first date with my first girlfriend (we saw Almodovar's Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down, a super date movie!), but I never saw Santa Sangre until maybe eight years later.  So glad I didn't see it as a teenager, it would have messed me up even more than I already was!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Sangre

! No longer available Small | Large

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 12:26:30 AM »

Something about BULLY bothered me tremendously.
I think it was the complete and utter moral depravity of every single character in the film.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Films which disturbed you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.