Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:41:10 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WORST DVD YOU PERSONALLY OWN « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: WORST DVD YOU PERSONALLY OWN  (Read 45825 times)
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »

I have so many terrible DVDs that... I can't choose! I'll go look and see if I can find a candidate for the worst.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
316zombie
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2015, 05:29:09 PM »

hhmmm...i'd say blue sunshine.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2015, 12:54:05 PM »

It kind of depends on your definition of "worst".

If you mean "I regret ever buying/owning/watching this because of the film itself", it would have to be "They All Must Die!". I started a thread about this film when I was a member of this forum ages ago. I even reviewed it on my pathetically-maintained blog Bargain Basement Thrills and Deranged Visions. (Yes, I'm plugging my blog. Someone has to. Maybe.) Sick, vile, and the closest I have ever come to being both sickened and offended by a movie. (To give you an idea of how warped I am, I actually found "A Serbian Film" entertaining but flawed and darkly humorous.)

If you mean "THIS is a DVD release? It looks like poop strained through cheesecloth!", then it could be any number of DVDs I own that were released by VideoAsia. They are well-known for taking worn-out VHS tapes of obscure films and saving them, bad tracking and crappy washed-out resolution included, on DVD. This allows them to legally say the films are "digitally remastered" as they ARE converted to a digital format that they use as a master copy to produce the DVDs. Heck, some of the insanely low-resolution channels on my Roku look better than these DVDs.

If you mean "Why does this thing exist in MY collection?!?! I don't even remember buying this gawd-awful thing.", then I'd have to say the winner is "Things". While I do remember buying it, I cannot bring myself to watch it again simply because it hurts my head to watch it. I mean this literally. It induces a headache and somehow short-circuits my thoughts. One viewing, and you will never be quite the same person again.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2016, 06:46:01 PM »

Hard Rock Zombies

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2016, 07:14:53 PM »

All the ones that didn't work and became coasters.

I had a DVD of Fear Chamber (1974) that flickered in and out like it was taped off satellite TV with satellite interference.

With regards to movies, I own some real stinkers the worst of which are mostly from the Asylum...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
voltron

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2016, 11:52:35 AM »

hhmmm...i'd say blue sunshine.
Wow. Blue sunshine? I f**king LOVE that one. To each his own I guess....qq

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
316zombie
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2016, 02:23:29 PM »

oh, i love it too voltron, but i can even drive my husband out of the house while i watch it, lol!
  he says our worst is future shock, which is SERIOUSLY bad!
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2016, 07:32:58 PM »

HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP

First one in my collection to end up in the trash bin.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2016, 02:21:02 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I had a DVD of Fear Chamber (1974) that flickered in and out like it was taped off satellite TV with satellite interference.

Quality wise I'd say the worst DVD I have is a copy of Nightmare Castle which seems to have been sourced from a print which was wiped with a pair of my undies and put through a meat grinder.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2016, 05:54:49 PM »

The Polonia's How to Slay a Vampire, the movie is absolute butt. It came with three other movies, two of which manage to be even more butt. Thumbdown

Quality-wise, I have a copy of Prehistoric Women that's so washed out, green, and blurry that I can't even tell what's on the screen at any given moment.

Edit: I'm probably going to remember something else but two separate entries on this topic is probably enough.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:53:37 PM by SynapticBoomstick » Logged

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 12:38:19 AM »

Picking a film from The Asylum, I'd probably go with Apocalypse Pompeii but only because I got rid of Transmorphers and AVH: Alien vs. Hunter.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2016, 03:12:20 PM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Quality wise I'd say the worst DVD I have is a copy of Nightmare Castle which seems to have been sourced from a print which was wiped with a pair of my undies and put through a meat grinder.  Buggedout Buggedout

I had two different prints of BLOOD OF DRACULA'S CASTLE that looked as if someone tried to clean them with bleach.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2016, 08:40:11 AM »

I had two different prints of BLOOD OF DRACULA'S CASTLE that looked as if someone tried to clean them with bleach.

Speaking as a film archivist, that means the source prints of those films were badly faded.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WORST DVD YOU PERSONALLY OWN « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.