Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:20:38 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  It Follows (2015) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It Follows (2015)  (Read 4030 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 29, 2015, 07:10:22 PM »

So, I'm trying to watch this movie but I'm not getting into it.  At all.  Can someone tell me if it's worth finishing?  The monster (if there is one) hasn't shown up yet, fwiw.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 08:41:40 PM »

I rather enjoyed this one and started my own thread on it somewhere in the Good Movies section.
I think it's worth finishing.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 09:41:40 PM »

So, I'm trying to watch this movie but I'm not getting into it.  At all.  Can someone tell me if it's worth finishing?  The monster (if there is one) hasn't shown up yet, fwiw.

I thought it was very good.  You must be like 10 minutes into it if you haven't seen the title "It" yet, so I'd say you should keep going.  It looks like normal people though, if you're expecting more than that you're mostly not going to get it.
dean

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 10:16:37 PM »

If you like 80s style soundtracks then continue on but I don't think it's worth the raves it has been getting [I enjoyed it, so it's above average but it is still a low budget odd horror film and they're always a bit hit and miss]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »

You must be like 10 minutes into it

Yeah, pretty much.  It utterly failed to grab my interest.  A chick was walking around.  Then she drove somewhere.  Then she was sitting on the beach talking on the phone.  It cut to sometime later and the lower half of her body had been twisted completely around.  I guess it was too expensive to show.  Yawn.  Then two teenagers were going on a date, such thrills!  The blonde girl's voice was kicking my ass, so I bailed.

I'll try again but, if she's the primary character, it'll be rough.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 11:59:10 PM »

You must be like 10 minutes into it

Yeah, pretty much.  It utterly failed to grab my interest.  A chick was walking around.  Then she drove somewhere.  Then she was sitting on the beach talking on the phone.  It cut to sometime later and the lower half of her body had been twisted completely around.  I guess it was too expensive to show.  Yawn.  Then two teenagers were going on a date, such thrills!  The blonde girl's voice was kicking my ass, so I bailed.

I'll try again but, if she's the primary character, it'll be rough.

I'd say drop it, honestly.  It does pick up some, but if the slow burn atmosphere stuff like that is boring you that early on, even though you'll find the chase/attack bits a little more interesting they probably won't be worth sitting through the atmospheric parts (which are slow and deliberate, like the title monster).
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 08:22:16 AM »

iirc this seemed to get pushed as an 'old school' type horror, and yet the trailer alone put me off because of how totally generic in a 'new school' kind of way it looked. Ho -hum... shouldn't judge till I've seen it but I doubt I ever will.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 05:15:48 AM »

I know there is a lot of mixed feelings about this one, but I absolutely loved this film and couldn't recommend it enough. I thought it moved at a great pace, was really well thought out, looked really good and the soundtrack is killer.

Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 02:10:53 PM »

IT FOLLOWS...sounds like a test in English class.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 10:34:07 AM »

I watched this thing because the trailer made it look interesting. I should really learn my lesson and realize that trailers these days are fairly worthless.

I've read various theories on the "deeper meaning" of the film. If that makes the fans of this film feel better about liking and defending it, then I am happy for them. Personally, all I saw was young people making stupid choices and then expect someone to save them from the consequences of their stupidity. Gee, you have sex with a guy that you barely know and it has a horrible aftermath. Take what's coming to you, or handle it yourself, but don't drag your friends into it.

-SPOILER WARNING!-

When the guy explains how he got pulled into it, he had random sex with some woman from a bar, and then she vanished since she had passed the curse to him. Who the hell told him the whole mythology behind this thing that he dumps on our heroine after he has passed it to her? And if he KNOWS this thing is relentless and he is just trying to pass it on to our heroine, why in hell would you go to a freaking movie where you will be sitting still for 2 hours AND still be surprised that the damn thing shows up in the theater?

Bad writing and stupid, contrived nonsense that could have made a better statement about relationships, AIDS, and/or young people's drive to present themselves sexually before they even hit puberty. I'll stick with my movies from the 60s and 70s; I can almost respect stupidity in them.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  It Follows (2015) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.