Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:02:00 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I HATE S.C.U.D.S. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I HATE S.C.U.D.S.  (Read 2138 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 04, 2015, 08:51:29 AM »

I speak, dear Bad Flick freaks, of the scourge of the Stupid Concept Usage Departure Syndrome.
IE; a film that has a concept that is used for a stupid purpose, that ignores a better use of same.
On the docket- UNIVERSAL SOLDIER...
Excuse me...they bring dead guys back to life, and they only see them as cannon fodder-again? Hello...what part of BRINGING BACK THE DEAD don't they get? Think about the societal changes this 'Dr. Fronkenstene' gig could have, and you can pass up the action/adventure for some other movie. Am I the only one thought that was an egregious missuse of an other wise interesting concept?

Next up- A film who's title I can't remember, but...it involved a cold fusion reactor, it blows up, bad guys try to kill survivors.
Villains work for oil company IIRC...
Uh...stupid plot point.
Alan Dean Foster wrote the novel of ALIEN, and he made a point in the book that showed the idea of blowing up the cold fusion reactor a 'head up the arse' idea.
Foster explains why the Nostromo was towing an automated OIL REFINERY through space. Sure, the fusion reactor was providing all the electrical power...but you still need oil for lubrication of moving parts, and insulation all that electrical cable you need to take advantage of the cheap power!
In short...oil companies should have bid out the wazoo to get dibs on the reactors, then build them, and sell cable from the new insulated cable distributors they owned.
Blow up a new source of power and profit? BAKA!
(Sigh)...
So...any other films with a plot point concept you saw as missed, missused or ignored for a lower grade plot?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 04:05:12 PM »

in keeping with the acronym of the title I'll nominate C.H.O.M.P.S (1979)

that's Canine Home Protection System

a guy invents a dog with incredible super strength, X-Ray vision, and also has the telepathic ability to detect crimes, yet its chief purpose in the movie seems to be to sit around a lot and occasionally dance to disco tunes.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 11:41:23 PM »

I think the mind-entering technology in The Cell seemed to be misused.  On on hand, the movie seems to have conflicting views on whether or not the technology was supposed to be secret or not.  The cops didn't know about it, but apparently plenty of people in the medical/psychological  professions knew about it.  And it was for public use, as the child in the beginning was being  treated with it.

you'd think the government would have tried to take control of such technology, to use on say terrorists to try to get secrets out of their minds.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »

I thought The Purge had a killer concept, but basically threw it away to make a pretty generic home invasion thriller.  The potential was there to do something great...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I HATE S.C.U.D.S. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.