Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:47:51 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Quentin Tarantino debacle: your thoughts? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Quentin Tarantino debacle: your thoughts?  (Read 8193 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 07:45:46 AM »

Tarantino has a habit of running his mouth in many areas. That being said I also think that organisations should be able to withstand criticism, especially with some of the stuff that's happened recently. Nobody should be above reproach and I dare say that some of the nasty events I've heard about may not be murder but boy do they seem pretty close to it... I know there are alot of people who feel the same way Tarantino does, he just happens to have a mic, very little filter and a blunt delivery.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 01:35:57 PM »

1) Quentin is an Asshat.
2) I'm not convinced about the war on police.
3) Most police are good people who want to help and get paid peanuts for it.  I love em dearly.
4) Except the ones who are more like Quentin in Point 1.  They deserve to be heavily punished if they break the law.  They are not above it.

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 09:45:19 PM »

Based on what he says here, it makes sense.
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 09:12:07 AM »

They should have handled that better.

That being said, if you are 400 pounds, diabetic, with a heart condition, you probably shouldn't struggle to begin with.

So somebody being choked to death should be calm because they have health conditions? Gotcha. It's clearly his fault for struggling when a gang of officers jumped on him.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 09:30:34 AM »

They didn't jump him until he refused to be handcuffed and began to struggle.
The one time I was arrested, I let them cuff me and got into the car and rode to the station.
How exactly does resisting arrest EVER make things go better for you?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »

The one time I was arrested, I let them cuff me and got into the car and rode to the station.

It doesn't.  That's really not the point.  People will resist arrest at times.  Police shouldn't use violence unless it is an immediate necessity, or after exhausting other options.  If someone can't or won't do this, they have no business being a police officer.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »

I thought Tarantino was a massive d-bag long before this latest kerfuffle....

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 02:40:32 AM »

Buggedout Buggedout

What the.....? When were you arrested?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 07:18:47 AM »

Back around 1988 or 1989.  There was a piece of property that I'd had permission to hunt arrowheads on back in high school.  It had changed caretakers and I didn't know it and I got picked up for trespassing.  A couple of phone calls and it was all straightened out, though.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 07:40:12 AM »

Back around 1988 or 1989.  There was a piece of property that I'd had permission to hunt arrowheads on back in high school.  It had changed caretakers and I didn't know it and I got picked up for trespassing.  A couple of phone calls and it was all straightened out, though.

Oh, OK: I got kicked off a movie set in 1997 for the exact same thing. They were filming in Pretoria Central and I accidentally walked onto the set. A crew member told me to get the [deleted] off the set - public land!! - or I would be arrested.  Buggedout

THIS ^^^ movie.  Wink
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:05:14 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 05:57:21 PM »

It doesn't.  That's really not the point.  People will resist arrest at times.  Police shouldn't use violence unless it is an immediate necessity, or after exhausting other options.  If someone can't or won't do this, they have no business being a police officer.

That's exactly my point. Resisting arrest in that case wasn't something that should've been punishable by death. Sickening how some people defend these crooked ass policemen.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 12:45:06 AM »

If a cop shoots a guy who is running away in the back and kills him, that is murder, pure and simple.  He should be prosecuted and I certainly wouldn't defend him.

But if a cop tackles a guy who is trying to get away and in the course of the struggle the man suffers a heart attack because he is 200 pounds overweight, diabetic, and decided to fight back anyway, is that really murder?  Or is it just a tragedy?

I don't defend crooked cops, or those who deliberately abuse their power.  But I also have some idea how hard their job is, and I'm not going to throw them under the bus until I have a chance to hear their side of the story.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 06:02:20 PM »

From what I can tell he doesn't think all cops are murderers. But he acknowledged that police brutality exists.

Seems pretty benign to me.

A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 08:13:02 PM »

I have a hard time giving any cop the benefit of the doubt, or waiting to hear "their side of the story" when video evidence irrefutably shows them killing another human being, and abusing their force for a minor offense.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2015, 09:59:26 AM »

My policy on dealing with the police is similar to the rule of thumb about wasps: You leave them alone, and they will usually leave you alone.

I do agree with Indy about being arrested, but some people just don't get it and figure they have to take a stand or whatever they want to call it. Your best option is to offer zero resistance and only answer with the bare minimum of words, and NEVER, EVER listen to their line of crap about telling them everything because it will help you. Keep your mouth shut until you talk to a lawyer, even if you are innocent of the charges.

And, yeah, Tarantino has become a bit of a jerk and his movies have started to become tedious, but that is just my personal opinion of him and his films. Your mileage may vary.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Quentin Tarantino debacle: your thoughts? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.