Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:56:18 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  TERROR ATACKS IN PARIS « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: TERROR ATACKS IN PARIS  (Read 15055 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: November 13, 2015, 06:59:14 PM »

So horrible - dozens dead in seven separate attacks.  ISIS is claiming responsibility.
The city of Paris is under curfew for the first time since 1944.
Thoughts and prayers and good wishes flowing out to the victims.

As for those who perpetrate such attacks or support those who do . . .

may they roast in the deepest, darkest bowels of hell forever!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »

I'm as opposed to US and western foreign policy as they come, anyone who has seen my posts on those issues in the last dozen years knows that. This is about Muslims families and communities. If you raise terrorist kids you failed as a parent. if your community raises terrorists plural your community has failed. whatever peoples grievences are they cannot bring foreign ways of dealing with them into western countries.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 09:14:33 PM »

France has historically been a very brutal country.  I think ISIS will find it has made a big mistake.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 11:39:08 PM »

The heart of the problem, I am convinced, lies in Islam's scriptures.
Muhammad repeatedly told his followers to make war on the unbeliever, and those instructions were never rescinded.
Throughout its history Islam has contained a brutal, dark thread of violence and intolerance for all other belief systems.

Or, to put it another way - a Christian who does his best to follow the teachings and example of Christ and the Apostles as contained in the New Testament will be a peaceful and compassionate person.
A Muslim who follows the teachings and example of Muhammad as contained in the Quran and the Hadith will talk about how merciful and compassionate Allah is while cheerfully killing those who refuse to convert.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 09:52:06 AM »

They struck in Beirut the other night and blew up a Russian plane as well.

Saudi Arabia funds a lot of this and supports it ideologically.

http://theweek.com/articles/570297/how-saudi-arabia-exports-radical-islam
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 09:59:46 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »

I dont give a f**k about their god-their religion (which ALL fanatics use as an excuse to murder people) or THEM. We should just start major atom bomb s**t on Isis.
How-I have no clue.
But-opinions are like a***oles-everone has one.
Muslims-as a whole-are good folks-I have nothing against their beliefs-as are Christians-but BOTH have used it as an escuse to kill-any one ever hear about the Spanish Inquistion,th e Crusades or the Salem Witch trials?

Muslims are fine-I dont equate ISIS with the Muslum religion at all-I equate the with Adolf Hitlers "Master Race " bulls**t-a bunch of disillusioned f**kers who want to "RISE ABOVE!"!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 10:10:44 AM »

I'll skip a dissection of Islamic values here in favor of pointing out that once again an unarmed populace died like sheep.

Notice how few hostage situations there are in Texas?

Sure, a bomb can kill anybody, but a room full of armed, trained gun owners is a little harder for three men to corral and slaughter, as was the case in at least one of the venues attacked last night, and as was the case with a single gunman in that Colorado theater.

Those poor concert-goers died cringing and hiding while their murderers walked around re-loading, shouting deluded praises to their God, and taking advantage of the fact French society has banned most firearms. The innocent stood little chance.

Be armed. Be trained. Be ready. And for the love of mercy, admit there is an enemy at war with us who deserves not to have excuses made for it.

The results of allowing responsible citizens to be armed for self-protection are no longer hypothetical. Jurisdictions with concealed carry laws do not have higher incidents of shootings, or legally-armed individuals losing their temper and shooting their fellow citizens, as critics said would come to pass. What those places often do have is lower rates of violent crime. Cities like Chicago that have banned handguns have staggering murder rates, typically with guns having been used.

Take away gun, and who has guns? Criminals.

Another horrible night for western civilization. The enemy is running rings around us.

And "global warming" is our greatest foe, we're told?

How long til they get a nuke?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 10:18:05 AM »

I dont give a f**k about their god-their religion (which ALL fanatics use as an excuse to murder people) or THEM. We should just start major atom bomb s**t on Isis.
How-I have no clue.
Muslims-as a whole-are good folks-I have nothing against their beliefs-as are Christians-but BOTH have used it as an escuse to kill-any one ever hear about the Spanish Inquistion,th e Crusades or the Salem Witch trials?

Muslims are fine-I dont equate ISIS with the Muslum religion at all-I equate the with Adolf Hitlers "Master Race " bulls**t-a bunch of disillusioned f**kers who want to "RISE ABOVE!"!

Or maybe I wont' skip a discussion of Islamic values.

I agree with you on the need to destroy ISIS. I disagree with your equating Christianity or all religions to Islam. When is the last time a Methodist or Buddhist blew up an airliner? Read the Koran sometime. Seriously. Read it. ISIS is exactly what Islam is about, right down to the beheadings. And if the Crusades, or what you think you know about them, disturb you, take a moment to consider that Islam was launched in a jihad (i.e. a crusade) that murdered people on three continents, destroying whole cultures, and forcing conversion onto millions. Neither Buddha nor Jesus told anyone to kill anybody: Mohammad said exactly that, and led by cruel example. If the condemnation for war is a matter of degree, there is no comparison between the defensive wars of the Crusades, and the offensive wars that spread Islam.

I have no one good word to say about a religion set on destroying all other ways of life, and my patience is gone with anyone else who does.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »

the failure of the Muslim world to keep up with the "west", that term is kind of silly considering it's pretty much every direction in the world except the Middle East, speaks for itself.

At the same time look at Central and South America. Why are Mexico and Columbia such basket cases? The answer is there is so much money in illegal drug trade that those people have effectively captured those states. People love cocaine is the problem. The idea that individual Mexican or Columbian people can stand up to them is a fantasy. One side has millions of dollars the other doesn't.

Of course there are  countries like Chile and countries like ....I don't know Morocco that have standards of living and such that they can't fairly be called hellholes but these are the exception to the rule.

There are parts of the world, in the same general latitude,that are in utter disarray in no small part because of all the money gangsters in their midst get from powerful people who get it from markets some legal some not.

As for us fighting ISIS: we are too compromised by our alleged allies Saudi Arabia Turkey and a few others.

Also, I'm not downplaying how violent Islam in and of itself is.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 11:33:49 AM »

And...to add this:

The Salem Witch trials had nothing to do with religion.  It was essentially a real estate dispute and a sort of feud between two families.  The "judge" and political leaders involved were corrupt and more than a few innocents got caught in the crossfire.

The popular notion of the Witch Trials being a bunch of religious fundamentalists in a mass hysteria about witchcraft is not factual.  Further, it's been all but proven that the whole thing was premised on hoax claims.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »

The idea that individual Mexican or Columbian people can stand up to them is a fantasy. One side has millions of dollars the other doesn't.

Auto Defensas is TRYING to fight back.  Sometimes they make progress, but the machinery arrayed against them is huge.  Fast and Furious crap doesn't help.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:03:21 PM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 02:06:40 PM »

Ulthar - thats great I didn't know that. My point was just that in the Middle East all these people are leaving Syria for the same reason people are getting out of Mexico and Columbia: between the criminal element and the corrupt dictators its impossible to live there. at the heart of it is the War on Drugs and the War on Terror. (and thus of course: drugs and terrorism)

Again, not to give Islam in and of itself a pass, particularly the Saudi variety

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 02:09:30 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 08:35:45 PM »

I think this is the end of ISIS/ISIL. They just attacked a NATO country on their home soil. We saw how well that worked for Al-Quaeda. This time they have the Russians p**sed at them too.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 11:03:21 PM »

I actually wrote about this at some length in my blog this morning, if anyone cares to read it:

http://lewisliterarylair.blogspot.com/

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2015, 11:26:00 PM »

How-I have no clue.

Well said,my freind-I conside the argument to you.-
I agree-Islam

Or maybe I wont' skip a discussion of Islamic values.

I agree with you on the need to destroy ISIS. I disagree with your equating Christianity or all religions to Islam. When is the last time a Methodist or Buddhist blew up an airliner? Read the Koran sometime. Seriously. Read it. ISIS is exactly what Islam is about, right down to the beheadings. And if the Crusades, or what you think you know about them, disturb you, take a moment to consider that Islam was launched in a jihad (i.e. a crusade) that murdered people on three continents, destroying whole cultures, and forcing conversion onto millions. Neither Buddha nor Jesus told anyone to kill anybody: Mohammad said exactly that, and led by cruel example. If the condemnation for war is a matter of degree, there is no comparison between the defensive wars of the Crusades, and the offensive wars that spread Islam.

I have no one good word to say about a religion set on destroying all other ways of life, and my patience is gone with anyone else who does.

My freind-Ya got me there-I agree. The thing I was trying to say was that crazy people can use and abuse a belief and twist it into evil things-like Charlie Manson,Jim Jones-and Isis-which is some twisted s**t.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  TERROR ATACKS IN PARIS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.