Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:53:52 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  UNDERTALE Review « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UNDERTALE Review  (Read 2731 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 17, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »

Where to even start?

It only came out last month but it's already one of my top three best games of all-time and that's a real accomplishment.
The game takes heavy inspiration from the game Mother 3 which if you don't know is the Japan-only sequel to Earthbound.
It certainly shows that Earthbound spirit as far as humor goes.

The game encompasses two genres: Turn Based Action RPGs and Bullet Hell. If you don't know what Bullet Hell is play "Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil" and you'll get it right away.
Undertale is a game by Toby Fox that was released on Steam for only $10. The game was made in game maker and has intentionally low-grade graphics (for the most part) so you can pretty much run it on anything.

The soundtrack to the game is undoubtedly the best soundtrack I've heard in any game. And this is coming from someone that played and beat Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

But the biggest draw to Undertale is the writing. It's one of the best written games I've played in years. The creator Toby Fox as an absolute genius, I'm serious.

If you haven't played it yet you're missing out on something absolutely fantastic. Don't look up anything else (especially not let's plays) just go buy it right now. Just download Steam if you don't already have it, make an account, and BUY IT NOW. Just type Undertale in the search and you'll find it right away. This game is a true ten out of ten for me.

Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 01:55:39 PM »

Played through Undertale myself. It is very interesting and almost reminds me of an RPG Maker game called "OFF". Except, OFF's story is a complete enigma. Once you beat the game, you still don't know what just happened. I like how Undertale gives you the choice to spare every "enemy" you come across, and the game in of itself overall is very well written. I would gladly give the game a 10/10 as well.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:52:25 AM »

Played through Undertale myself. It is very interesting and almost reminds me of an RPG Maker game called "OFF". Except, OFF's story is a complete enigma. Once you beat the game, you still don't know what just happened. I like how Undertale gives you the choice to spare every "enemy" you come across, and the game in of itself overall is very well written. I would gladly give the game a 10/10 as well.

You're not the first to compare it to OFF, interesting enough.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Plyyv

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  UNDERTALE Review « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.