Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:05:57 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bad Video Games!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Bad Video Games!!!  (Read 13238 times)
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« on: November 22, 2015, 12:27:23 AM »

Post and talk about bad video games here! We all know that this is the bad movie site, but there are many bad video games out there. Here's the first bad video game that comes to my mind (no, it isn't E.T.).

Action 52

Now this one is bad, and it isn't that old either (only released in 1993!). Not only does it have 52 different games (in one), but they are either broken, awfully made, or just bizarre. It even had one of the 52 games turned into actual games (Cheetahmen, to be specific). There was a first one and a truly awful (and rare) second one that didn't even get its cartridge finished.

What bad games come to your mind? Or do you want to talk about this bad game some more?

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 07:57:53 AM »

Pretty much every one of those multi packs are god awful but that's kinda why I love em. I still have old discs that probably won't run on any modern OS...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 09:04:36 AM »

Pretty much every one of those multi packs are god awful but that's kinda why I love em. I still have old discs that probably won't run on any modern OS...

What OS do they run on?  There are emulators out there for just about everything.  For example, I have an emulator of the Apollo Guidance Computer that I like to play with from time to time.

If they are DOS or Commodore 64 or any other popular platform, that should be no problem at all.  Might be kinda fun to dust 'em off and give 'em a whirl.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 04:14:39 PM »

Hehe, I agree! I love bad video games just as I love bad movies (personally, I like bad movies more). In fact, most of the games I own are for the Atari, Playstation 1, and Sega Genesis. I remember wanting to have a video game collection a long time ago, but I lost interest and continued with movies.

Anywho, lots of those games were pretty bad. And some (like Berserk, where you shoot robots and then have to run away from a bouncing smiley face) were just weird. One particular one I remember was called "CrazyBus". That was one that hurt my ears....

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 10:01:38 PM »

! No longer available Small | Large

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 10:26:04 PM »

Looks like a bizarre little-girl version of the purposefully bad (but amazingly good) Goat Simulator. Pretty much has the exact same mechanic of headbutting objects.

Definitely counts as a bad game....

dean

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 10:56:37 PM »

What OS do they run on?  There are emulators out there for just about everything.  For example, I have an emulator of the Apollo Guidance Computer that I like to play with from time to time.

If they are DOS or Commodore 64 or any other popular platform, that should be no problem at all.  Might be kinda fun to dust 'em off and give 'em a whirl.

Thats actually a great idea. I have emulators for old Nintendo games and the like but didn't even think about doing something similar for Windows. Now to see if I still have all those shareware demo discs still lying around somewhere!  Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 11:12:22 PM »

Here's another bad game I found a long(ish) time ago.

Evil

It is an indie horror game, which you wouldn't expect to be the best anyways, but even for an indie game, this was terrible. Most of the game is just walking through hallways with cheap jumpscares. The only monsters are a skeleton, a shadow creature with a baby face, and some sort of flying octopus-bug man. But... they do nothing except for the shadow baby that screams at you and appears in a couple bad cut-scenes. The only actual obstacle is a spinning cube that you can sometimes walk through, but sometimes it will push you off a road/bridge. I know, real scary.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 03:34:09 PM »

Although, its the first in universe appearance of Quan Chi, Shinnok, and Sareena, Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero was really disappointing to me.  The biggest problem was the control.  You needed to hit a button to turn around to face something.  This really became a problem when you had two enemies or either side of you.

There was some shoddy hit detection as well.  One little hit could send you back way too far and into an instant death trap.

Thankfully, the cheesy FMV cut scenes where a real treat to watch.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »

This is my vote for worst Sega Genesis game, by far, and is one of the first I think of for worst console game all time!
DARK CASTLE
This was previously seen on the Amiga and other PCs, and the controls for this game, the clunky mechanics, weird sound effects, and more just make it irritating, unfair and stupid.  Bad bad bad!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »

For one there were all those early simulator-games. Nowadays many of them are really good actually and done with love for the subject (Farming Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator etc.), but at the beginning they were almost unplayable...cheaply done, ugly as hell and just not worth playing unless you were the hardcorest of hardcore-fans.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 05:28:26 PM »

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. it's more of a tech demo than an actual game, because it is one unpolished turd.
https://youtu.be/h6DtVHqyYts Small | Large

Small | Large

Yep, they forgot to cap the reverse top speed, so it is infinite

yeah no.
retrorussell

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 04:44:42 AM »

All the Zelda games for the Phillips CD-I were awful, but the ones with cartoon story scenes were PUTRID.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 11:21:51 AM »

All the Zelda games for the Phillips CD-I were awful, but the ones with cartoon story scenes were PUTRID.
! No longer available

Mah boi! This piece is what all true warriors strive for!

Ugh, yeah. I remember those. And the controls were god-awful. Could hardly get through one level.

retrorussell

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 03:05:19 AM »

BAD STREET BRAWLER is easily one of the 5 worst games for the NES.  Crappy graphics, controls and gameplay, and worst of all.. It looks like instead of subduing your enemies, you're jerking them off!  This abomination was created for use with the failed POWER GLOVE.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bad Video Games!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.