Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:54:01 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is coming back! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is coming back!  (Read 6956 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 24, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »

Yeah, they started a Kickstarter and it already made the minimum goal for three new episodes. More money means more episodes.

Sounds like Joel is onboard in some capacity, but not as onscreen talent. I hope he is writing.

www.bringbackmst3k.com
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:19:45 PM »

Yes, he is writing, and none of the old crew have signed up... yet. Some have ruled it out.

Felicia Day will play the mad scientist. Three comics I've never heard of (but you might know) will play the new guy stranded in space and the robots.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:17:04 PM »

I have heard about this. Anyone know what kind of movies they will be doing? Like, older movies like Devil Girl from Mars, newer movies like Sharknado, both, or some other era of film?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:17:41 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 10:23:32 PM »

I have heard about this. Anyone know what kind of movies they will be doing? Like, older movies like Devil Girl from Mars, newer movies like Sharknado, both, or some either era of film?

Joel will be picking the movies so they should be mostly older B-movies like early MST3K and Cinematic Titanic. No blockbusters but I'm sure they would like newer B-movies if they are affordable and not too R-rated.

Jim H

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 12:47:01 AM »

Yes, he is writing, and none of the old crew have signed up... yet. Some have ruled it out.

Felicia Day will play the mad scientist. Three comics I've never heard of (but you might know) will play the new guy stranded in space and the robots.

The human, Jonah Ray, looked vaguely familiar to me.  He's in a bunch of random web videos, the Nerdist podcast, some other things, and seems like a talented guy.  I think the best demonstration of the sort of humor MST3k has I saw with him, after browsing a bit, was this pretty spot on commercial spoof.

! No longer available Small | Large

The other two I don't recognize at all, and looking at the credits, sounds like they aren't particularly well-known but seem to both be consistently working in stand-up and various small things (Baron Vaughn is on a Netflix show though).  Seems like sensible choices for a low budget show like this.  Felicia Day is actually a solid choice too. I'm not really a big fan of her as a performer, but she'll do fine for a ridiculous over the top villain like that, and she does have a fan base that will draw consistent viewers, which might help it succeed. 

Joel is a smart guy, seems like he knows what he is doing with this.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 06:08:38 PM »

Funding had stalled but Joel had one more surprise up his sleeve. The next henchman, TV's Son of TV's Frank, will be played by Patton Oswalt, who is a pretty big name.

Jim H

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 07:03:52 PM »

Funding had stalled but Joel had one more surprise up his sleeve. The next henchman, TV's Son of TV's Frank, will be played by Patton Oswalt, who is a pretty big name.

His whole appearance and general vibe screams low rent B-lister henchman.  I can't think of anyone better for that part actually.  Sounds like he'll be doing some writing too, and he's a quite good comedian.  Also, I doubt it'll come up, but he's actually a decent straight actor when he wants to be - see Big Fan for proof.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 09:34:34 AM »

I never liked that show.  Hatred

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 09:37:11 AM »

Then don't watch it!  TongueOut

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 09:44:04 AM »

Then don't watch it!  TongueOut

I wont-Nyah nyah!  TongueOut

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 09:47:55 AM »

I do like the fact I first seen the CREEPING TERROR and MONSTER A GO GO on the show-and even the snide comments dont bother me-it was the robot heads blocking the screen!  hot

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Jim H

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 11:24:12 PM »

I do like the fact I first seen the CREEPING TERROR and MONSTER A GO GO on the show-and even the snide comments dont bother me-it was the robot heads blocking the screen!  hot

Ugh.  Monster A Go Go.  They trimmed what, like 10-15 minutes out on the MST3K version, mocked it the whole time, and it's still maybe the most boring movie I've ever seen.  That anyone can think Plan 9 From Outer Space is the worst film ever, when films like Monster A Go Go exist (and it was made only a few years later) just baffles me. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 11:55:09 PM »

Ugh.  Monster A Go Go.  They trimmed what, like 10-15 minutes out on the MST3K version, mocked it the whole time, and it's still maybe the most boring movie I've ever seen.  That anyone can think Plan 9 From Outer Space is the worst film ever, when films like Monster A Go Go exist (and it was made only a few years later) just baffles me. 

Thats the beauty of MONSTER A GO GO...you can ignore the movie and hang out and bulls**t-and its got  good cheezy music ! And you look at the screen once in a while. While yer hanging out and drinking. Thats why I like the movie-I could do without the "riffing".

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Jim H

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 12:07:02 PM »

RC, you may not have redeemed Monster a Go Go to me as a film, but I can now see how it could have value as a background film with people around.  I am honestly impressed.   Cheers
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 02:38:59 PM »

"Monster A Go Go" also works as sedative. Put it on and you can feel your brain shut down. Non-MST3K version only.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is coming back! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.