Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:35:55 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 472774 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1290 on: December 05, 2018, 03:33:45 PM »

Pondering the redundancy of days & weeks, I'm left to conclude reincarnation must suck....

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1291 on: December 05, 2018, 03:36:38 PM »

Saw a post elsewhere about what was the best decade for horror movies.

For myself I can't decide between the 70's and 80's. Guessing everyone has a favourite period, possibly connected to when they were growing up.
Dam. That is hard. On a personal, gut level-the 1970's, because, like you said.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1292 on: December 06, 2018, 09:35:04 AM »

Saw a post elsewhere about what was the best decade for horror movies.

For myself I can't decide between the 70's and 80's. Guessing everyone has a favourite period, possibly connected to when they were growing up.
Dam. That is hard. On a personal, gut level-the 1970's, because, like you said.

1930s, easy.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
LilCerberus

« Reply #1293 on: December 20, 2018, 02:59:39 PM »

Jeez! Never had PTSD this bad before!

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1294 on: December 20, 2018, 04:46:34 PM »

What's going on?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus

« Reply #1295 on: December 20, 2018, 05:38:23 PM »

What's going on?
Not sure, just started getting it more than once a week, then then two or thee days in a row, then I almost cooled off today & it flared right back up...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1296 on: December 29, 2018, 12:28:28 AM »

My godson is spending the night here tonight after going downtown with us to an event, and compared to his former ways he is refreshingly less timid. He's no longer afraid to go into rooms alone and he doesn't give off a Cole Sear vibe. Either he's matured and gained confidence, or (and I am keeping an open mind) has been replaced by a body snatcher.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1297 on: December 29, 2018, 12:53:22 AM »

Pondering the redundancy of days & weeks, I'm left to conclude reincarnation must suck....

It might be necessary for full growth as a person to experience various lives. Only after experiencing multiple lives would someone be ready to move to a higher plane altogether. 

Plus it makes more sense that one life followed by eternal hell/heaven.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1298 on: December 29, 2018, 01:16:20 AM »

It might be necessary for full growth as a person to experience various lives. Only after experiencing multiple lives would someone be ready to move to a higher plane altogether. 

Reincarnation makes a lot of sense and I spent years trying to accept its reality and sometimes coming close. In fact it makes more sense when it comes to explaining inequality and tragedy than any system except the one that says we're all biological beasts that die with our bodies and brain waves and end.

It'd be downright depressing to think that after I die I would have to come back as the life I saw the one and only time I tried hypnotic progression (taking you into future lives) when I was eighteen.

I can tell you this, I do not want to come back as the scared little kid I saw from a first-person perspective, hiding behind burning machinery in a village full of screaming people, ultimately getting gunned down during a war in a dusty African town seventy-whatever years from now, which is what I saw waiting for me next time around in the weirdest, most stressful hypnosis session I ever undertook.

I'd rather burn out into nothingness, nirvana in one lifetime, and be just plain dead than go through that.

I came home that day afterward all freaked out as I had never been with hypnotic regression and told the man I was living with all about it, and because he didn't believe in reincarnation or hypnosis, only in a vague, almost Protestant version of Jesus for someone with a Jesuit education, he said I had such an over-developed imagination I could scare myself with it.

I said I guess, and we left it there.

Shrug. And now he knows what it's like to be dead. Assuming the dead can know anything. His dad was terrified he went to Hell because he died so suddenly, and that fear....drove him half insane for months, and in the middle of the night he used to call me sometimes and ask me to tell him again what his son said about his belief in Jesus, looking for some hope that some spark of faith within his son might have made a difference.

And THAT is the cruel dark side of Catholicism, friends and neighbors, the terror that those you loved might have died out of grace. I think if you can believe in Heaven and believe your loved ones are there, you'll be happiest. (Not to open a debate, just saying.)

Like I said in another post tonight, enjoy life while you have it, that's about the best you can do. (And dear God, don't let violent death in the Horn of Africa someday await me, lol.)

LilCerberus

« Reply #1299 on: December 29, 2018, 01:21:02 AM »

I just hope my shrink really looks into that EMDR therapy I've been asking about...........

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1300 on: December 29, 2018, 11:22:14 AM »

I just hope my shrink really looks into that EMDR therapy I've been asking about...........

If you can't get EMDR from this therapist, it might be worth going elsewhere, because EMDR has worked well for people I know who are seeking treatment for PTSD.

I don't know if you are familiar with the tapping aspects of EMDR that accompany or supplant the REM segments but they're similar to Chinese tap shua exercises and there are instructional videos for self-treatment available online, with the goal of the exercises to re-route the energy of memory.

It might be worth looking into.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1301 on: December 29, 2018, 12:31:27 PM »

Eragon is on TV. EVery time I see that I keep thinking "Oh look its a fantasy copy of Star Wars".

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1302 on: December 29, 2018, 02:38:45 PM »

If BMDO'ers were to get together and make a (bad) movie I wonder what the plot would be.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1303 on: December 29, 2018, 05:10:42 PM »

Reincarnation makes a lot of sense and I spent years trying to accept its reality and sometimes coming close. In fact it makes more sense when it comes to explaining inequality and tragedy than any system except the one that says we're all biological beasts that die with our bodies and brain waves and end.

It'd be downright depressing to think that after I die I would have to come back as the life I saw the one and only time I tried hypnotic progression (taking you into future lives) when I was eighteen.

I can tell you this, I do not want to come back as the scared little kid I saw from a first-person perspective, hiding behind burning machinery in a village full of screaming people, ultimately getting gunned down during a war in a dusty African town seventy-whatever years from now, which is what I saw waiting for me next time around in the weirdest, most stressful hypnosis session I ever undertook.

I'd rather burn out into nothingness, nirvana in one lifetime, and be just plain dead than go through that.

I came home that day afterward all freaked out as I had never been with hypnotic regression and told the man I was living with all about it, and because he didn't believe in reincarnation or hypnosis, only in a vague, almost Protestant version of Jesus for someone with a Jesuit education, he said I had such an over-developed imagination I could scare myself with it.

I said I guess, and we left it there.

Shrug. And now he knows what it's like to be dead. Assuming the dead can know anything. His dad was terrified he went to Hell because he died so suddenly, and that fear....drove him half insane for months, and in the middle of the night he used to call me sometimes and ask me to tell him again what his son said about his belief in Jesus, looking for some hope that some spark of faith within his son might have made a difference.

And THAT is the cruel dark side of Catholicism, friends and neighbors, the terror that those you loved might have died out of grace. I think if you can believe in Heaven and believe your loved ones are there, you'll be happiest. (Not to open a debate, just saying.)

Like I said in another post tonight, enjoy life while you have it, that's about the best you can do. (And dear God, don't let violent death in the Horn of Africa someday await me, lol.)

The reason I reject most abrahamic religions, especially the various strains of christianity and islam, is that the idea of hell is just impossible to accept. If a dog bit a man and that man poured gasoling on that dog and set it on fire we'd call him evil, sadistic, scum, etc. But god condemns everyone to suffer eternal agony in hell forever and that's a "perfect" plan. No, jut no.

If some god exists,and as an agnostic i can't say either way, he has to be held to a higher standard than man, not a lower one.

Honestly the whole concept of hell as  a lake of fire evolved as a way of justifying whatever it took to push christianity, as it was "saving people" from the boogey man it created.

The christian/mulsim concept of god makes him worse than many humans, not better.

This video kinda sums up some of the ways I see things. Basically a Christian, a muslim and an atheist die and meet god. No one gets what they were expecting.

https://youtu.be/ttevamkS6gw

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1304 on: December 29, 2018, 05:13:36 PM »

Indy is hell actually mentioned as a physical place in the bible?

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.