Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:24:26 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 480483 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1620 on: September 15, 2019, 10:31:44 PM »

I have now watched all 3 seasons of STRANGER THINGS.
What a great show!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1621 on: September 16, 2019, 07:45:28 AM »

I knew someone who described his new apartment as "sounding like ketchup." Just been thinking about that this morning.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1622 on: September 16, 2019, 06:51:28 PM »

Should we care? Maybe not, but they are almost here, so let the streaming wars begin.

Apple
It has already claimed its 1st casualty. Earlier, Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger could avoid the upcoming conflict between Apple TV+ and Disney+, but as it gets closer to Apple TV+'s launch on November 1, that was no longer possible, so he has resigned from his position on Apple's board.

Apple TV+ is priced at $4.99 per month or the cheapest of all the streaming services, but, if you are buy an Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Mac, the serving stream is free for an year. Thus, Apple is willing to take a loss on the streaming service to make a profit on its hardware.

And unlike Disney and ATandT, Apple has no back catalog, so everything on its streaming service will be original, and the cost of its programming is not cheap. For example, See with Jason (Aquaman) Momoa is billed at $15M an episode with no guarantee that people will watch.

ATandT
With its transforming from a communcation company into an entertainment company with its HBO+, it is meeting some resistance from some of its shareholders, so the start of HBO+, which is scheduled for early next year may be pushed back to later in the year, while ATandT circles the wagons and tries to fend off the hostiles.

Disney
The old animated TV series Gargoyles is coming to Disney+. Sometime after mid-November, when the streaming service 1st rolls out. There is actually quite a connection between Star Trek and Gargoyles. There are almost a dozen actors who appeared on both shows.

It is expected that by 2024, there will be 84M subscribers. Whether this is only for the U.S. or worldwide--who knows? As the Disney+ app is already up and running in the Netherlands.

Netflix
With the newer streaming services priced so low, this may work to Netflix's advantage, because if you see another streaming service you want, then you may have it and Netflix, too.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1623 on: September 17, 2019, 02:10:59 PM »

Nice sunny breezy day, not a tornado in sight, so I spontaneously decided to take the interns on  a noontime field trip, so we went up the road to the cemetery I actually have a key to get into (uh don't tell anybody) and made rubbings of old tombstones, some for people born in the 1700s.

It was going well until suddenly the constabulary showed up ("We need you to set down what you're holding and step back into the driveway.") then threatened to write us a whomping fat ticket for what we were doing.

I knew it was best to handle it professionally and politely and so I said to this one cop I knew who came along, "Hey, Brad, how about I bribe you to f**k off back to the station and leave true artists alone?"

Two interns literally gasped, but Brad the cop laughed and said, "How about I take you in for attempting to bribe a peace officer?"

They ended up being nicer than it at first seemed they were going to be and let us finish the rubbings we were working on and let us go with promises we wouldn't do that again, which since I promised I won't, I won't, but:

A. Who narc'd us out?

And B. WTH is so bad about making wax and chalk on paper rubbings of tombstones anyway? I been doing that all my life. The rain and sun and wind are more damaging than a piece of paper set on a slab of rock with a crayon run over it.

Sure, I laughed it off but it was annoying, as run-ins with buttinsky police always are, so no "contribution" to their community chest drive will be coming this Christmas.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 02:14:36 PM by ER » Logged

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1624 on: September 17, 2019, 03:03:36 PM »

Cokie Roberts is dead.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1625 on: September 17, 2019, 03:08:14 PM »

I don't feel like cooking today. Or doing anything else. (Like I do much to begin with  Lookingup)
I'm gonna order subs from Jaspare's Pizza.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1626 on: September 17, 2019, 09:00:33 PM »

Cokie Roberts is dead.
Her first name came from the Finnish meaning "to feel empowered by Andean nose candy."  Her last name was Scottish for " Roberts. "

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1627 on: September 18, 2019, 03:47:21 AM »

Flowers.

LilCerberus

« Reply #1628 on: September 18, 2019, 11:15:35 PM »

Flowers.
Fennel.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #1629 on: September 18, 2019, 11:15:58 PM »

I wonder what the scene would look like if a group of men with coffee cups were standing at a table, pensively glaring at a box labelled "TRULY HORRIBLE DONUTS"

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1630 on: September 19, 2019, 08:01:53 PM »

Capping on Sven made the half-hour I had to kill up here fly by!  Night....

LilCerberus

« Reply #1631 on: September 19, 2019, 08:49:40 PM »

Sometimes I wonder how Willy Wonka's Exploding Candy For Your Enemies would work...
I mean...

Would a bully really fall for that?

Or would a bully beat a kid up, steal his candy, and then, Instant Karma?

Or would a kid open up his lunchbox at lunch time, mutter to himself, "my candy's gone!", the produce a satisfied smirk as he heard an explosion somewhere in the room?

Or would some grumpy old man pass it out on Halloween?

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1632 on: September 19, 2019, 10:44:41 PM »

And if peolel here weren't such hypocrites theycd slam on you for it yoiu completely useless negative troll.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
LilCerberus

« Reply #1633 on: September 19, 2019, 10:59:10 PM »

And if peolel here weren't such hypocrites theycd slam on you for it yoiu completely useless negative troll.
Sven, You really need to start checking your spelling.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1634 on: September 19, 2019, 11:03:02 PM »

He'd rather go on an angry tirade about how unfair it is of us to demand that he type actual English words.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.