Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:45:22 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 472909 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #345 on: September 02, 2016, 08:58:33 AM »

I took the man who has helped me so much lately in managing my work out to lunch earlier in the week and he told me this true story:

"I spent so much money on cocaine when I was young that my dealer said he named his German Shepherd after me. I said, 'Alan, you're calling the dog Benny, that's not my name.'

"So he looked right at me and said, 'Yeah, Joe, but how I think of you is the guy with the Benjamin Franklins, so Benny, right?'

"I didn't like that name, so I started paying him with fifties.

"Well the dealer was paranoid, kept getting new dogs to watch his place, thinking if he kept a dog around too long it might make friends with somebody out to steal his stash, and one day when I was over buying my blow I saw he got a new one so I asked if he named this one after me too, I was thinking maybe he said, 'Joe, meet General Grant.'

"But he said, 'Nah, this one I call Harvard.'

"I went, 'Let me guess, because that's where you're sending your kid soon?'

"The dealer looked me straight in the eye and said, 'No, Joe, that's where YOU'RE sending my kid.'

"And it hit me, my drug habit was putting somebody else's kid through a better school than I was planning on putting my own kids through!"

So I sat there at that table and thought this man, Joe, I know he sent his two kids to more than decent schools, so his cocaine habit must've been truly off the scale for that to have been true, and I said so.

He said, "My nose paid for someone to go to Harvard. What's that tell you."

Somehow that put it into perspective, and I don't think I'l watch Escobar on Netflix

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #346 on: September 02, 2016, 08:28:00 PM »

Wow.  Quite a story there, ER!!
It's a wonder he lived this long.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #347 on: September 03, 2016, 12:07:00 AM »

Knew a guy once he told about this dog he had, a pit bull, how much he really liked his dog and all that, until one day the police shot it while raiding his house.  I felt bad for the guy (and more, for the dog) then he destroyed all the sympathy I had for him bytelling me how he used to feed gun powder to the dog.  Turns out that's an all too common practice of among drug dealing street trash to make their dogs "tougher and meaner".  

I thought about asking the guy how he'd feel if someone feed HIM gun powder and appealing to his sense of empathy, but I honestly don't think he had any.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:47:32 PM by AoTFan » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #348 on: September 03, 2016, 03:09:39 PM »

ER and I got into a short story writing contest.  The results were pretty entertaining on both our parts, I think!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AoTFan

« Reply #349 on: September 03, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »

ER and I got into a short story writing contest.  The results were pretty entertaining on both our parts, I think!

Wow, I'd love to moderate a thread like that.  I can see it now...

Okay, first topic is... waffles!

You both have one day and need to come up with a minimum of one hundred words.  GO!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:40:44 PM by AoTFan » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #350 on: September 03, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »

Oh, my required elements were something like:

- the year 1986
- a boss who is afraid to leave his workplace
- a staircase where three people have died
- a hot secretary who wears a different wig every week
- spicy cookies
- a marketing scheme involving Peru
- and a rabbi with PTSD

I'll post mine on my blog Tuesday night.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #351 on: September 10, 2016, 10:07:18 AM »

Ever notice everybody tends to wear the same clothes constantly on cartoons?

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #352 on: September 10, 2016, 09:48:15 PM »

A day on the lake with friends is the best therapy of all.

Flangepart

« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2016, 04:33:13 PM »

Poultry is the best friend a geek can have.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #354 on: September 17, 2016, 11:22:06 PM »

I'm beginning to worry about the mental state of the American press.

Last year, some paranoid junkie with a bad haircut shot up a church, and millions everywhere went after The Dukes Of Hazard. Then, NBC Nightly Nooz did a report saying the KKK was now down to fewer than 5,000 Dixiecrats nationwide...

So, yesterday Trump made a crack about gun control politicians that 2nd amendment supporters have been parroting for years, and all of a sudden he's making a threat, & NBC Nightly Nooz is saying that Trump's entire base is the KKK, which, as I previously mentioned, is fewer than 5,000, which just doesn't add up.

The press needs an intervention.
THE PRESS NEEDS HELP!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Flangepart

« Reply #355 on: September 21, 2016, 07:29:53 PM »

The Media is like any other group of people with power and influence. And just as capable of vast corruption. They just hire cuter people.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #356 on: September 21, 2016, 09:16:54 PM »

The Media is like any other group of people with power and influence. And just as capable of vast corruption. They just hire cuter people.

My husband was a media studies major, his father was a local news producer, and my husband was left too disgusted by the "covert reality" of the news industry to be a part of it.

He hated the sensationalism, the directives from the network powers that be to keep a chosen spin on a story intact at the local level, and above all he hated the morbid focus on making peoples' tragedies into lead stories. He said he could not be part of that callousness without losing his soul.

He went into it idealistically and after two years interning and part-timing at a station (yes, Indy, that's when he banged the weather girl) he walked out and said it was like he regained self-respect the farther he drove away. To this day he despises the news media and hardly ever watches it, describing its corruption and bias.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #357 on: September 21, 2016, 09:29:33 PM »

I'm begining to feel like a Prole watching the entire Ministry Of Truth have a collective meltdown as Oceana mutters, "Big Brother has lost it!"

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #358 on: September 25, 2016, 10:13:39 PM »

When I was a kid it used to scare me sometimes to walk past our cabinet-size TV, like something was going to reach out and get me, like something actually could live in there. Now with flat screens, less so, since the TV ghoul would have to be half an inch thick, and the thought of a half-inch ghoul is just not that intimidating.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #359 on: September 26, 2016, 05:57:53 AM »

I remember when we used to visit my gran at weekends we'd have a bed made up in my uncles room. He had a poster of a ghoul climbing out of a circular pit on his wall. That used to scare the crap out of me. Nowadays I have it as my laptop screensaver mind you.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.