Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:55 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 472644 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #465 on: January 18, 2017, 02:39:48 AM »

Imagine spending your whole life being told you'll only be good for one thing, that your not even smart enough for the things you're good at. Then one day you grow up, and the only line of work you've ever known gets turned into some sort of political catch phrase; "Jobs Americans aren't willing to do". Imagine people who don't know you, nor ever will meet you announcing good enough, nor ever will be good enough for anything. Consider who really hates, and what really hurts.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #466 on: January 18, 2017, 10:57:42 AM »

I wonder if anyone here would be interested in reading the scores of movie reviews I wrote in the 2000s?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #467 on: January 18, 2017, 06:11:55 PM »

This is the site to post them on!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #468 on: January 18, 2017, 11:51:47 PM »

RIH Ricky Jovan Gray

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #469 on: January 20, 2017, 11:49:04 PM »

Threw my neck out tonight carrying someone to the trunk of our car, and can barely turn my head to the left. Naturally when we walked in the front door after the concert and all I wanted was to limp in and grab a salonpas, three ibuprofen, and possibly a support brace, my five-year-old chose that moment to charge over and leap off the third stair landing straight at me calling out, "HI, MOMMY!" Couldn't let him fall, so I had to catch him, and my already stiff neck made a cracked knuckles sound audible (as evidenced by my husband's sympathetic wince) all the way across the room. I thought I was gonna die then and there while my kid choke-hugged me, and my right brain thought Virgin Mary lead me post-haste to Purgatory, and my left brain moaned for biological oblivion to grind me to dust, for, oh, beckoning grave I am ready. Truly, neck injuries are agony.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #470 on: January 21, 2017, 12:52:48 AM »

So you went to a concert and had to carry someone to the trunk of your car . . . ?
   I sense an interesting story here.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pacman000
« Reply #471 on: January 21, 2017, 11:07:18 AM »

I get the Godzilla and Atragon themes mixed up.
LilCerberus

« Reply #472 on: January 22, 2017, 08:37:15 PM »

Somehow, I added the Taxi Driver soundtrack to my Spotify playlist...
It keeps making me think that the sequel should be called Democrat...
Anybody else notice how they've started wearing hoods?

Eh, who am I to judge. I just maxxed out my credit card on microphones...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:39:38 PM by LilCerberus » Logged

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #473 on: January 23, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »

Threw my neck out tonight carrying someone to the trunk of our car, and can barely turn my head to the left. Naturally when we walked in the front door after the concert and all I wanted was to limp in and grab a salonpas, three ibuprofen, and possibly a support brace, my five-year-old chose that moment to charge over and leap off the third stair landing straight at me calling out, "HI, MOMMY!" Couldn't let him fall, so I had to catch him, and my already stiff neck made a cracked knuckles sound audible (as evidenced by my husband's sympathetic wince) all the way across the room. I thought I was gonna die then and there while my kid choke-hugged me, and my right brain thought Virgin Mary lead me post-haste to Purgatory, and my left brain moaned for biological oblivion to grind me to dust, for, oh, beckoning grave I am ready. Truly, neck injuries are agony.

You may be crying, but you got me laughing. And for that I'll always be grateful. Please keep us advised of your progress, as we all here, I am sure, are hoping for a speedy recovery for you.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2017, 10:27:55 PM »

Progradation is the outward building of a sedimentary deposit, such as the seaward advance of a delta or shoreline, or the outbuilding of an alluvial fan.

If anyone cares about that statement, I know a girl I could fix you up with.

Flangepart

« Reply #475 on: January 24, 2017, 01:53:30 PM »

Is she an Alluvial fan dancer?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #476 on: January 25, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »

Every other Wednesday I try to get up early to play tennis before the proper day begins. Well the person I was supposed to play backed out at the last minute, so I went in and figured the chances were good I'd find someone to go up against, and if not, I'd practice serves. (My lifelong Grail quest is to add power to my precision. I've always had stamina and speed but have been told all my life I lack strength both in serves and returns.)

A man a little older than me came over and said he was in the same situation, his partner had to cancel, and he asked if I wanted to play a couple sets. We got an indoor court, I played against him, he wasn't bad at all, good sets, satisfying play, if time had allowed I'd have gladly gone a third set against him but we each had to split, so we walked to the net to shake hands and I'd noticed the whole time he'd left a watch on, but I looked closer at the watch and realized it was the same one my Uncle Lark wears: a Presidential Rolex.

I said, "You....played tennis wearing a Presidential Rolex?"

He said, "Yeah, it's safer than leaving it in a locker, and I figure I might as well get use out of it."

I get that, but....this man played tennis wearing a watch that costs more than a lot of new cars.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #477 on: January 25, 2017, 05:37:29 PM »

Wow.  That's . . . something!

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #478 on: January 29, 2017, 03:39:44 PM »

Took my daughter to morning Mass, she enjoys it and I get to see my godson and his family (or as I often call them, his "ilk") but I never go up and take communion---like ever---and sometimes I am the only one in the entire service who doesn't, even my daughter goes up, which is a gray area, shrug.

This morning as everyone was walking back to the pews after communion, maybe half the parishioners in the seats, half still lined up at the front, this old church lady of a type we used to call a "rosary rattler" back in my Catholic schooldays came up to me and said in this stage whisper that carried across half the church, "Why don't you ever take Communion? If you're in a serious state of sin after all this time, you should go to confession instead of living with it."

Instead of reminding her what I did was none of her business, I foolishly joked that my present life is too banal for serious sin to be much of a problem, I didn't go up out of respect for the rules of it all, feeling less than in communion with Rome, as one is supposed to be to receive the alleged body of Christ.

She then said, "WELL, you should consider what I said, because everybody probably assumes you're living in mortal sin or something like that. Also you're not setting a good example for your little girl. So I would go to confession today if I were you."

And with that she got up and waddled away, and as I mentally beat her head against the pew I remembered how much I disliked going to church.

LilCerberus

« Reply #479 on: January 29, 2017, 06:17:41 PM »

I live alone, I don't have any friends, & have ADHD. That said, why is it, in an audition, I get lines, whereas in a request for an STA, I get a list of characters, props, camera angles, motions, etc, but am usually asked to improv my lines? I'm just an actor. What do they expect me to do with all this?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.