Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:29:10 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 472784 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #510 on: March 01, 2017, 03:03:38 AM »

Have you worn them, though, Trevor? Satin undies are not as comfortable as they sound. They tend to slide when you sit because satin is so soft, and you're constantly having to sneak off and readjust them. And lace only lays right the first time it's worn. Save them for the bedroom, and in everyday life, cotton, baby, cotton...

I have worn undies like that a lot: actually quite comfortable, especially in winter.  Smile

I have a special friend in my life who wears stuff like that every day: she once joked that she also wears high heels to bed.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #511 on: March 01, 2017, 02:41:40 PM »

High heels to bed? Must go through a lot of torn sheets in a year.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #512 on: March 02, 2017, 01:15:53 AM »

High heels to bed? Must go through a lot of torn sheets in a year.

That's what she told me: the heels for special moments only.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #513 on: March 03, 2017, 04:19:18 PM »

Is the world strange,absurd and obtuse,or is it just me?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #514 on: March 04, 2017, 11:06:21 AM »

If I had to get pushed down an elevator shaft by someone, I'd want PBS Kids' Barney to do it.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #515 on: March 04, 2017, 12:35:26 PM »

Is the world strange,absurd and obtuse,or is it just me?

Yes. To everything.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #516 on: March 04, 2017, 11:03:00 PM »

Once I had a chance to ride with a cop, and I didn't do it, but I wish I had, because then I'd be able to say, once I had a chance to ride with a cop, and I did.

I think there's something more life-affirming about being able to make a statement that relates to the affirmative, and obviously this isn't one of those since I am telling about something I did not do rather than something I did. I am not sure what I ended up doing in the space of time in which I would have been riding with the cop, it was possibly something nice enough, I doubt I regret it, but if I had gone riding with the cop, I would probably be able to recollect that space of time, it would stand out, and memories are the building blocks of life, or at least that's true if you're me. I do think it is largely experiences that make life more meaningful, not things, as in possessions. You own something, you use it, you tire of it, whatever, but to have a life experience, especially one of the positive, uplifting variety, well, that is immeasurably more meaningful both as it transpires and in remembrance.

So I sometimes think about passing up the opportunity to be in  a police car cruising with an officer, possibly partaking of free donuts, I don't know, but I also ask myself, why not find out if that program still exists, and the fact is there's something of acceptance of a missed opportunity there, and in removing that feeling of slight regret, I'm not certain it'd be a fair exchange, this potent sense of what-if replaced by what likely would be, what, like a four-hour dose of sitting in a moving car, shining spotlights on vagrants and being close-up while DUI tickets get written? Is that a fair trade for re-writing a personal engram?

Or maybe it would be.

Maybe the cop would be a deeply interesting human being, a swell sort of person I'd be glad I met. Maybe I'd watch in wonderment as the cop did something amazingly heroic (saving blind nuns and refugee babies from a bus wreck, for instance). That's the thing about life in general, you don't know until you do something what you're going to get out of the undertaking, and frankly it's the step into the unknown that makes life interesting.

And that brings me to an idea I think about almost as often as I do the what-if of the declined cop ride, and that thought is this: what if we exist simply to entertain God?

Might it be the idea that there exists so many variables in our individual existences that God looks on with curious glee to see what we'll do next?  Maybe that's why life is present, maybe we are simply vehicles to deliver a fix for boredom. Perhaps we are God's drug of choice. Maybe our wars and catastrophes, our chasing after dreams, our colorful smelling burps are all written into the program to be interesting to some higher force that  dwells "up there" fascinated by the Plinko chip-like randomness of the huge what-if of each of our lives. 

Who could have predicted a minor offshoot of a great family would become Caesar Augustus, or an abused little California girl would grow up to be Marilyn Monroe? Yet think how thrilled a divine observer might be to each development. Think how amusing it might be to toss a dust bowl at a nation's mid-section to see how people there would react. Think of the cure for boredom the retreat of the ice age might have provided, sparking 10,000 humans clutching the bare earth for dear life's sake to become 1,000,000 strong in a mere five millennia. Or the coming of the industrial age, how interesting that may have been.

It's like tipping over a chess board on a massive scale. What if this variable comes to be? What will happen next?

People seek the meaning of life, assuming with wonderful HUMAN optimism that it has a meaning, and perhaps it does, but what if maybe choice is the purpose of life itself, and the ripples making choices gives off are what makes it all so crazy fun amid the pain and torment and regret that nips at our heels from birth to the greatest mystery of them all, death? We must make choices, even choosing not to make choices is a choice, so just maybe....it all makes some degree of sense somehow that....we take chances, we make choices, we deal with the aftermath. We live our lives, in short. And in living our lives, we please something who wrote the program in which we all dwell.

So I think about that missed ride, and maybe it is a metaphor for...everything.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #517 on: March 04, 2017, 11:36:32 PM »

That is very profound, ER.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #518 on: March 05, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »

Thanks, it just sort of came to me spontaneously last night while I was here.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #519 on: March 06, 2017, 01:07:27 AM »

Only just recently dawned on me how cut-throat the arts are, & It's had me a bit discouraged.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Flangepart

« Reply #520 on: March 06, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »

Thanks, it just sort of came to me spontaneously last night while I was here.
Interesting.
For myself, I see mankind as God reproducing his own kind, and making us reproduce as we do, to force us to find out what he has to put up from us.
"Adam, Eve...think you know so much? Okay...for a set time, you are going to do things your own way...and I warn you what it'll be like. I want you to listen...but you have free will. So lets see what you do with it."
God don't have to 'play' with us. He's watching us do it do ourselves.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #521 on: March 07, 2017, 10:41:52 PM »

I would voluntarily eat a worm if it would do away with daylight saving time.

Flangepart

« Reply #522 on: March 08, 2017, 04:02:05 PM »

I would voluntarily eat a worm if it would do away with daylight saving time.
And I'd dig one up for you...preferable the one in a Tequila bottle.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #523 on: March 08, 2017, 07:14:43 PM »

So it's broad's day..
Some wore white to show solidarity with Tsarists & Klansmen...
Some wore red to show solidarity with Bolsheviks & Republicans...
Some wore purple to show solidarity with Prince fans & One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eaters...

That's why I thew on an outfit that used to be blue, until, in typical male fashion, I accidentally threw it in with a load of whites, causing it to become a sort of nondescript, yellowish shade of gray...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #524 on: March 08, 2017, 08:21:46 PM »

I tend to think events such as Women's Day are more divisive than unifying, and serve to stratify an already divided society. I also think men don't get enough credit in this era for their collective achievements, past and present, and the resentment many males are coming to feel over this is not unjustified. I wish there was a greater effort to unify instead of divide, to mark us as one species instead of subdividing us according to gender, race, nationality, income, epistemology, politics, or just about anything else. We all struggle to exist on a tiny speck of a planet surrounded by, in the words of Samuel Beckett, "the dark vast." Would that we would all pause and consider what delights and wonders we could achieve if we, seven billion strong, worked together. Perhaps there is an unseen Creator looking out for us. Perhaps not. Just maybe there are no guarantees and it's all up to us and us alone to secure our tomorrows, and forestall extinction.

In either case, we could do better.

! No longer available Small | Large

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.