Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:53 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 473069 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #645 on: May 25, 2017, 08:56:42 AM »

Was a lovely day today, so I decided to put in a days leave and spend it with the wife. We went for a walk along the harbour, took some pictures of the beach and sea, went to a cafe for lunch and then strolled along the waters edge eating ice creams. Today was a good day. Nothing complicated, just spending time with each other and enjoying it. It amazes me more and more every day that even after more than four years we still seem to be in the honeymoon period.

Decided to use an online page to start up a D&D campaign with some friends scattered over Europe. Would much rather be a player than the DM, but I am writing a campaign just now (in between popping onto other pages) and watching fantasy films to keep me in the right frame of mind (Dungeons & Dragons 3: The Book Of Vile Darkness at the moment).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #646 on: May 27, 2017, 05:00:26 PM »

RIP Gregg Allman

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #647 on: May 29, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »

About sixteen years ago I knew a woman from France who told me she switched dentists recently, and I could tell she wanted me to ask, "Oh, yeah, how come?" so I did and I'd say she had a pretty good reason since her former dentist was arrested in connection with murdering at least six and possibly nine young women over the course of I forget how many years, but it was spread out a bit.

I asked if the dentist was creepy and she said not at all, he was the warmest, nicest person ever, except in retrospect he'd do two odd things. One was he seemed to really like to feel your pulse at your neck with his bare fingertips, and the other was he'd personally call your house to check on you if he'd done a procedure on you that day, and then ask if your doors were locked, because he said he did neighborhood watch volunteer work in his own community and cared about his patients' safety!

Whoa.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus

« Reply #648 on: May 29, 2017, 01:35:43 PM »

Not all service personnel gave their lives in combat... Some were killed in testing, training & transit.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #649 on: May 29, 2017, 07:19:41 PM »

After at least twenty-five years of watching & rewatching Zardoz, I finally figured out what a Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver is...

And, now that I know what a Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver is, I kinda don't see the point. I mean, semi-automatic pistols & double-action revolvers had already been around a while.

Besides, for a gun, it seems something of a clunky novelty...

Flangepart

« Reply #650 on: May 30, 2017, 05:39:52 PM »

After at least twenty-five years of watching & rewatching Zardoz, I finally figured out what a Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver is...

And, now that I know what a Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver is, I kinda don't see the point. I mean, semi-automatic pistols & double-action revolvers had already been around a while.

Besides, for a gun, it seems something of a clunky novelty...
Proof of the wise saying "Just because you can do something, does not mean you have to do it."

P.S. LilCerb...RE: you post above. Do you listen to Dennis Prager? He mentioned that in his Memorial day show.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #651 on: May 31, 2017, 01:59:45 AM »

About sixteen years ago I knew a woman from France who told me she switched dentists recently, and I could tell she wanted me to ask, "Oh, yeah, how come?" so I did and I'd say she had a pretty good reason since her former dentist was arrested in connection with murdering at least six and possibly nine young women over the course of I forget how many years, but it was spread out a bit.

I asked if the dentist was creepy and she said not at all, he was the warmest, nicest person ever, except in retrospect he'd do two odd things. One was he seemed to really like to feel your pulse at your neck with his bare fingertips, and the other was he'd personally call your house to check on you if he'd done a procedure on you that day, and then ask if your doors were locked, because he said he did neighborhood watch volunteer work in his own community and cared about his patients' safety!

Whoa.

Buggedout Buggedout

Was it this guy?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #652 on: May 31, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »

Helpful hint: If ever you need to buy your daughter a black dress so your husband can take her to California with him for the funeral of a woman with whom he used to be in love, just buy the girl a black dress and bring it back to her, don't take her to a boutique and let her pick out her own or you'll stand around for an hour while she tries on every one in the shop, then spend another hour arguing with her about why the one she likes is not the one she should wear, then spend another hour driving home to a wall of silence from her because the one you bought her is the one she wanted least. (I'm at step two now with step three to look forward to.) As I was just telling the owner here, she's eight. Imagine when we clash over clothes when she's about thirteen.

Anyone wanna take over for a while? She cleans her room, speaks French, uses sign language, plays piano, makes good grades and plays soccer like I had a fling with Landon Donovan. She has bad fashion sense, though, and isn't very nice to her mother sometimes....

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #653 on: May 31, 2017, 03:18:42 PM »

Helpful hint: If ever you need to buy your daughter a black dress so your husband can take her to California with him for the funeral of a woman with whom he used to be in love, just buy the girl a black dress and bring it back to her, don't take her to a boutique and let her pick out her own or you'll stand around for an hour while she tries on every one in the shop, then spend another hour arguing with her about why the one she likes is not the one she should wear, then spend another hour driving home to a wall of silence from her because the one you bought her is the one she wanted least. (I'm at step two now with step three to look forward to.) As I was just telling the owner here, she's eight. Imagine when we clash over clothes when she's about thirteen.

Anyone wanna take over for a while? She cleans her room, speaks French, uses sign language, plays piano, makes good grades and plays soccer like I had a fling with Landon Donovan. She has bad fashion sense, though, and isn't very nice to her mother sometimes....

Umm...if I, say, "accidentally" sold her to a grandmother in need of a child to pamper, would I have to split that money with you?  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #654 on: May 31, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »

Umm...if I, say, "accidentally" sold her to a grandmother in need of a child to pamper, would I have to split that money with you?  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

What kinda money we talking 'bout?

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #655 on: May 31, 2017, 03:32:04 PM »

What kinda money we talking 'bout?

Sorry, I just found out that when the old lady said she was gonna pay in cookies, it wasn't some weird slang for money. What am I gonna do with 50,000 freaking cookies? Deal's off.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
LilCerberus

« Reply #656 on: May 31, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »

I wonder what Jill Greenberg thinks of Kathy Griffin.
Seriously.

LilCerberus

« Reply #657 on: May 31, 2017, 06:17:24 PM »

Aaanndd now, I'm wondering what Gabriel Range & Simon Finch Think of Kathy Griffin...

LilCerberus

« Reply #658 on: May 31, 2017, 10:41:19 PM »

Anybody remember how Gabriel Range & Simon Finch won an award for their depiction of a dead George W. Bush, but you couldn't make a crack about some primate that had recently passed away or needed to be put down without being accused of making some sort of threat against the Bamster?

LilCerberus

« Reply #659 on: May 31, 2017, 11:09:14 PM »

So, I keep seeing this article pop up saying Maza plans to bring back the wankel sometime in the next decade...

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.