Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:28:07 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 473050 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #690 on: June 26, 2017, 07:58:42 AM »

May everyone have a great day as you choose to define it, quiet walk in the woods, a bad movie, lunch with an old friend, leather chaps and the twelfth chapter of 50 Shades, I don't judge. The new interns have arrived, prim as Victorian governesses, lax as salaried salespeople, young as the first ray of winter sunrise, little memories stretching only back to the second Bush years, so like an Ann Taylor-clad drill sergeant, I am off to send them into the salt mines....

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #691 on: June 26, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »

Perfect time to work on the evil laugh. BWA-HAHAHAHAHAH (ect,ect)

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #692 on: June 28, 2017, 06:01:49 PM »

RIP Michael Bond

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #693 on: June 29, 2017, 09:54:51 AM »

Thursday June 29, 1995

The Sears men brought the new dishwasher today and installed it and took out the old one, and Charlotte Sometimes and I watched them do it, offered them something to drink, and mostly stayed out of their way. There was a middle-aged black man who didn’t say much, and a moon-faced man a few years older than me, who had receding mousey brownish hair and talked a little more, and ALMOST reminded me he was vaguely retarded. I like the chrome finish of the new machine, and it reminds me of Allie’s kitchen. I put on some dishes as soon as they left.

Dad called at lunch and I told him how it went, he said good. He said (how did I miss this) he left me a blank check in the hutch and if I felt like it I could go grocery shopping. So I got that and changed into a better top and skirt and went to Krogers and loaded up on everything. I think I like grocery shopping as well as any other kind of shopping because it amazes me that all this stuff from the ends and edges of the earth can be brought here to Ohio and be there for us to buy, and not be a lot more money than they are. 

Mostly I just got normal stuff but I did do this one impulse buy. They had big bath towels on sale for $2.99 each, and I saw this one that was this perfect blood red. Dead on like blood. The other reds weren’t this same shade, so I bought it and it’s in my bathroom on the rack, and seriously, it looks like a cascade of blood is flowing over the bar and hanging in mid-air. It’s the most startling hue of red. I don’t want it to fade.

Oh, boy, this is making me sound demented, isn’t it? Well I see that color as life-affirming instead of morbid, K?

Walking Charlotte to the park between rains after I got home, I saw a baby robin hopping semi-flightless along the grass, so I picked it up and set it up onto a tree branch and I hope it stays there, because it reminds me it’s only hours from mastering short hop-flights.

Brian called and I was at first wanting to strategize and try to gang up so we could handle him coming here, but he said, “Just relax, will you? What’ll be will be. I’m who I am, he knows a lot already anyway. I think this is more of a formality than you think it is.”

I wonder how he ever got to have that confidence in himself he does? Maybe it comes from having a younger sibling. I wish we could get this out of the way and move forward.

Made dinner, went up to the park again, rain made us come back early. Saw some show about fifty years of female comics, but only halfway watched it while I talked to Allie, who said she is now back to two days for her sobriety, but she “only” drank three vodka and OJs, before she stopped and poured the pitcher out and called her sponsor, so it wasn’t what she called a “major recursion.” I told her well done and good luck, and she kept coming back to it instead of other topics so we talked about that, mostly, except she got hired at Blockbuster and that was making her feel up tonight. I asked if it might help her if she had someone in her life who cared about her, and she said Julia, her sponsor does, and I said, no, like in a relationship, and she said, “Ellie, I am not in a place in my life for one of those.”

My poor damaged little cousin. I swear it seems like I am older than her in most ways.

LilCerberus

« Reply #694 on: June 30, 2017, 01:40:04 PM »

With all this crap about rewriting the history of the American Civil War, It occurs to me that no one's ever really talked about how the Commonwealth Of Virginia became two completely different states...

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #695 on: July 03, 2017, 11:41:09 AM »

I think CNN's just upset because they didn't come up with the idea first.
Small | Large

LilCerberus

« Reply #696 on: July 04, 2017, 01:21:14 PM »

I am really beginning to dread weekends & holidays...

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #697 on: July 05, 2017, 01:40:52 AM »

How is this 47 pages long?!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #698 on: July 05, 2017, 06:49:59 AM »

Because people keep posting random statements on it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #699 on: July 05, 2017, 07:08:41 AM »

Because people keep posting random statements on it.

But they are random statements about things no one should care about. Well, supposed to be.

Example: Raylan Givens liked blue better than red.

Who the hell is Raylan Givens, and why should I care what his favorite color is?

Bad example: I've cut myself, and it won't stop bleeding.

Random, yes, but worrisome and should be a cause for concern.

This has been a PSA from your friendly local Thread Nazi.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
LilCerberus

« Reply #700 on: July 05, 2017, 12:44:55 PM »

Antibiotics... I wonder what it is about doctors, that they're so anxious to stick children with needles, yet they're more insistent on giving pills to grown ups...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #701 on: July 05, 2017, 02:36:57 PM »

Antibiotics... I wonder what it is about doctors, that they're so anxious to stick children with needles, yet they're more insistent on giving pills to grown ups...

What can you expect from a profession that (according to a JAMA article in 1988) kills more Americans every year than anything except heart disease and strokes.

Flangepart

« Reply #702 on: July 05, 2017, 04:09:35 PM »

I can't stop chewing my fingernails...just glad I stop before they bleed.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #703 on: July 05, 2017, 05:23:24 PM »

Always something about replacing an old vinyl record or 4 track audio cassette with an old compact disk on the reason that the artist or record label decided not to re-release it on MP3...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #704 on: July 07, 2017, 09:15:01 AM »

I bet Billy Graham on crack would've made for a mighty interesting crusade.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.