Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:44:00 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 472775 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #705 on: July 07, 2017, 11:20:22 AM »

I bet Billy Graham on crack would've made for a mighty interesting crusade.

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!! That Jerk Kept Preempting Earth2!
 Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #706 on: July 07, 2017, 11:54:58 PM »

I'm getting old... and alone... and I haven't done much with my life... All my dreams are starting to depress me.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #707 on: July 08, 2017, 10:30:01 AM »

I'm getting old... and alone... and I haven't done much with my life... All my dreams are starting to depress me.

Make new ones. Smaller, perhaps, but fairly easy to achieve.

And discard the linear thought process now and then. It inhibits dreams with things like logic and process. Let your dreams flow until they find that one crack in the wall you are trying to breach, then fill that crack and chip away. Even if you never make it all the way through, at least you made progress and hopefully gained wisdom, friends, and proud memories.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #708 on: July 08, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »

And discard the linear thought process now and then. It inhibits dreams with things like logic and process. Let your dreams flow until they find that one crack in the wall you are trying to breach, then fill that crack and chip away. Even if you never make it all the way through, at least you made progress and hopefully gained wisdom, friends, and proud memories.

Y'know I've often thought watching people who were on drugs was more fun than being on drugs.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan

« Reply #709 on: July 08, 2017, 03:28:02 PM »

I wonder if I had a youtube channel and kept constantly mentioned "Chez-Its" for no reason if they (either Nabisco or my fans) would start sending me Chez-Its for no reason.

Either way, it'd be a win, win!
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #710 on: July 08, 2017, 07:07:19 PM »

Y'know I've often thought watching people who were on drugs was more fun than being on drugs.

Depends of the drugs and the people.  TeddyR TeddyR BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  Cheers

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #711 on: July 08, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »

I wonder if I had a youtube channel and kept constantly mentioned "Chez-Its" for no reason if they (either Nabisco or my fans) would start sending me Chez-Its for no reason.

Either way, it'd be a win, win!

Or they'd get a court order blocking you from mentioning, referencing, showing, and/or alluding to Chez-Its.

Umm, yeah. Down with the, ah, corp...corporations. Man. Groovy?

I'll just show myself out now.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #712 on: July 08, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »

It appears that the Great Goat Holocaust of 2017 has come to an end.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #713 on: July 08, 2017, 08:53:05 PM »

In retrospect, I should probably take my meds before listening to RADIO GAGA by Queen...

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #714 on: July 09, 2017, 11:18:04 AM »

Had to go over to the other side of Scotland for a funeral last week. Took a scenic route rather than the most direct one, taking Kristi from Inverness, down through the Great Glen through to Fort William. Wasn't the best weather for it, but the mist and fog did make the highlands look more dramatic. It's a drive I've wanted to take Kristi on since I met her. All was great until I got down to Loch Lomand, where its a fairly narrow two lane road around the Loch edge. Lots of trucks that were too big just to stay on their side of the road had me convinced I was going to hit the wall on my side of the road trying to avoid them, but got down to my mums safely in the end. In the future, I think I'll be taking the more direct route however, via Perth.

Had to fit in going to my youngest nephews (on my side of the family) 6th birthday party, my uncle's funeral, going to see my half brother and sister, as well as making sure my aunt was ok. It was a busy four days. I guess it was a nice service. I've never been to a funeral where I've liked the eulogy, but I figure that's just a me thing and maybe more to do with not liking funerals and as long as it helps my aunt I guess that its a good thing. Brian was one of my favourite uncles and I'll miss him when I visit Stevenston in the future. 47 years married... seems such a waste of life and experience when someone is gone. Wore my dress uniform for it, more for the family because it means more to them. Given the choice I'd have prefered a suit, but again if it helps Gina then I can do that for her.

Went into town to pick up some stuff and wandered through the weekend market. No where near as many stalls as their used to be when I was a boy, but one guy had a stall selling second hand records and DVD's. Spent a bit of time chatting with him, turns out he knows his obscure horror movies, although he didn't currently have anything I am looking for in stock. Did pick up Watership Down. From Russia With Love, On Her Majesties Secret Service, Spirited Away, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Creature Below, Send Me No Flowers, The World Is Not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies, A Cure For Wellness, Dr No, Hidden Figures, Zombiesaurus, The Commancheros, The Undefeated and North To Alaska. Would have bought more, but I wasn't really in the right mood to look through everything he had.

Took our new pet rabbits with us since we didn't have time when we were packing to sort out someone to feed them while we were away and I didn't want to leave them for four days with a pile of food and just hope they rationed themselves (not going to happen). Somehow, we have managed to gain a kitten which we'll be getting next month. When it comes to cats, I am with Mark Twain so I am not going to complain about that too much. I like dogs too, but generally the larger breeds. Really don't like the smaller yippy ankle biters.

Anyway, back to work tomorrow. I'll have a shave, iron some uniform and tell everyone who asks tomorrow how nice the service was and accept condolences with all the grace I can muster. Right now though, I just feel tired and need to wash up.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #715 on: July 09, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »

Had to go over to the other side of Scotland for a funeral last week. Took a scenic route rather than the most direct one, taking Kristi from Inverness, down through the Great Glen through to Fort William. Wasn't the best weather for it, but the mist and fog did make the highlands look more dramatic. It's a drive I've wanted to take Kristi on since I met her. All was great until I got down to Loch Lomand, where its a fairly narrow two lane road around the Loch edge. Lots of trucks that were too big just to stay on their side of the road had me convinced I was going to hit the wall on my side of the road trying to avoid them, but got down to my mums safely in the end. In the future, I think I'll be taking the more direct route however, via Perth.

Had to fit in going to my youngest nephews (on my side of the family) 6th birthday party, my uncle's funeral, going to see my half brother and sister, as well as making sure my aunt was ok. It was a busy four days. I guess it was a nice service. I've never been to a funeral where I've liked the eulogy, but I figure that's just a me thing and maybe more to do with not liking funerals and as long as it helps my aunt I guess that its a good thing. Brian was one of my favourite uncles and I'll miss him when I visit Stevenston in the future. 47 years married... seems such a waste of life and experience when someone is gone. Wore my dress uniform for it, more for the family because it means more to them. Given the choice I'd have prefered a suit, but again if it helps Gina then I can do that for her.

Went into town to pick up some stuff and wandered through the weekend market. No where near as many stalls as their used to be when I was a boy, but one guy had a stall selling second hand records and DVD's. Spent a bit of time chatting with him, turns out he knows his obscure horror movies, although he didn't currently have anything I am looking for in stock. Did pick up Watership Down. From Russia With Love, On Her Majesties Secret Service, Spirited Away, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Creature Below, Send Me No Flowers, The World Is Not Enough, Tomorrow Never Dies, A Cure For Wellness, Dr No, Hidden Figures, Zombiesaurus, The Commancheros, The Undefeated and North To Alaska. Would have bought more, but I wasn't really in the right mood to look through everything he had.

Took our new pet rabbits with us since we didn't have time when we were packing to sort out someone to feed them while we were away and I didn't want to leave them for four days with a pile of food and just hope they rationed themselves (not going to happen). Somehow, we have managed to gain a kitten which we'll be getting next month. When it comes to cats, I am with Mark Twain so I am not going to complain about that too much. I like dogs too, but generally the larger breeds. Really don't like the smaller yippy ankle biters.

Anyway, back to work tomorrow. I'll have a shave, iron some uniform and tell everyone who asks tomorrow how nice the service was and accept condolences with all the grace I can muster. Right now though, I just feel tired and need to wash up.

That's a well-written post that made me feel like I was there.  Smile Despite your near-mishap, and the sad nature of part of your trip, I envy you driving across Scotland, it is one of the most interest and beautiful places I've ever visited.

LilCerberus

« Reply #716 on: July 09, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »

Just upgraded my Soundcloud account, now I just need to-
Um, uh...
Wait a minute...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #717 on: July 11, 2017, 10:09:19 PM »

Sometimes I think The Lawrence Welk Show was unrecognized high art.

Sometimes I think if I had to take mescaline and watch a TV show, that's be the one.

Sometimes I think Lawrence Welk was likely a more savvy marketer of his product than any TV producer ever, including Lorne Michaels and Walt Disney.

Sometimes I think the CIA was using Lawrence Welk to send coded messages, perhaps in the pattern of the bubbles.

Sometimes I think the pleasant effects of lobotomy can be simulated non-surgically by intense viewing of The Lawrence Welk Show.

Sometimes I think Methodist Heaven could be a little like The Lawrence Welk Show----sexless, calm, full of old people, happy in a mild sort of way----and then I get a bit glum.

Sometimes I hear the theme song to The Lawrence Welk Show, and it takes me back to being little and it'd come on Channel 48, Saturday evenings at seven, and my great-grandma would watch it.

Sometimes I think no one on The Lawrence Welk Show had any metabolical or biological functions whatsoever, sort of like the Brady family.

Sometimes I think The Lawrence Welk Show was faithfully watched by spree killers and other maladjusted folk.

Sometimes I think long after most other programming is forgotten, people will still be watching The Lawrence Welk Show.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

« Reply #718 on: July 12, 2017, 09:51:20 AM »

Sometimes I think The Lawrence Welk Show was unrecognized high art.

Sometimes I think if I had to take mescaline and watch a TV show, that's be the one.

Sometimes I think Lawrence Welk was likely a more savvy marketer of his product than any TV producer ever, including Lorne Michaels and Walt Disney.

Sometimes I think the CIA was using Lawrence Welk to send coded messages, perhaps in the pattern of the bubbles.

Sometimes I think the pleasant effects of lobotomy can be simulated non-surgically by intense viewing of The Lawrence Welk Show.

Sometimes I think Methodist Heaven could be a little like The Lawrence Welk Show----sexless, calm, full of old people, happy in a mild sort of way----and then I get a bit glum.

Sometimes I hear the theme song to The Lawrence Welk Show, and it takes me back to being little and it'd come on Channel 48, Saturday evenings at seven, and my great-grandma would watch it.

Sometimes I think no one on The Lawrence Welk Show had any metabolical or biological functions whatsoever, sort of like the Brady family.

Sometimes I think The Lawrence Welk Show was faithfully watched by spree killers and other maladjusted folk.

Sometimes I think long after most other programming is forgotten, people will still be watching The Lawrence Welk Show.

So, tell us, ER, what do you REALLY think about The Lawrence Welk Show?

Personally, I always thought it was what I was supposed to like when I got older, which made me very confused and depressed.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #719 on: July 12, 2017, 11:28:43 AM »

On the surface not my cup o' tea, I see it at best once a year, but it does hold some soft sentimentality.

I am also convinced the CIA was using it to send out messages. No other explanation for how it stayed on the air for fifty years.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.