Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:31:31 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 473104 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #810 on: September 24, 2017, 08:13:33 AM »

Popped to the shop for a couple of beers and to restock the secret chocolate store I keep for days when Kristi needs a bit of cheering up. As I passed a tree I could see a pretty good sized spider which had spun a web from the lowest tree branches to the ground. Must have been 5 or 6 feet tall and maybe 4 feet wide. That is a big web for this area.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #811 on: September 24, 2017, 08:35:33 AM »

I nearly always read your posts first, Alex. You bring a lot to this site.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #812 on: September 24, 2017, 09:24:40 AM »

I nearly always read your posts first, Alex. You bring a lot to this site.

I have no idea what, but if you like my posts I'll keep making them.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #813 on: September 24, 2017, 05:28:57 PM »

You're too humble, you barmy Scotsman! If the flying monkeys come for me, you have to take over the long posts.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #814 on: September 25, 2017, 09:25:31 AM »

It occurs to me I am like a Jamaican, I have all these part-time jobs...

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #815 on: September 25, 2017, 03:56:49 PM »

You're too humble, you barmy Scotsman! If the flying monkeys come for me, you have to take over the long posts.

Why would your pets come for you? :P

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #816 on: September 25, 2017, 04:16:30 PM »

Why would your pets come for you? :P

I had this science teacher, a funny eccentric man, and he'd make a big production of handing out tests after they were graded, and you never could tell from his expression what your grade was. He'd stand beside your desk staring you down then hand you a test you'd done well on, or make some smarmy but not unkind quip that lulled someone into thinking she or he had done okay and then pass back a C-. Sometimes he'd have little sayings that went along with all that, and one day as he gave me back a perfect test he said to me, "If you don't win the Nobel Prize by the time you're thirty, I'll send the Flying Monkeys after you. And it won't be pretty...." That became a catch phrase all year where I was concerned, his threat to send the flying monkeys after me. I even saw him years later at a store and he still remembered that.

LSS, I guess since I failed to win I am doomed and expect the sky to darken any day now. Been nice knowing you guys.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #817 on: September 26, 2017, 01:19:06 AM »

Don't worry ER, if you do disappear I am sure all the denizens of BMDO would get together to rescue you. I am actually pretty good with a sword in real life.

Hmm, I am now thinking we should make our own bad movie where this actually happens.  Wink

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #818 on: September 27, 2017, 10:36:51 PM »

RIP Hugh Hefner

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #819 on: September 28, 2017, 11:43:10 AM »

I just noticed the Stream of Consciousness thread has been read 666 times. Now nobody screw that up, ok?  Wink

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #820 on: September 28, 2017, 02:32:06 PM »

I am a little disappointed that Hef died of natural causes. I was hoping for something... well I am sure you can use your imagination.

AoTFan

« Reply #821 on: September 29, 2017, 12:02:24 AM »

I don't eat them as much as I used to, but as a kid I used to love taking toast, and eating them with miracle whip and cheese.  The secret though is you gotta let the toast dry a bit.  You put the cheese on immediate and it gets kind of "sweaty" between the hot bread and that's kind of gross.
Flangepart

« Reply #822 on: September 29, 2017, 12:19:46 PM »

I don't eat them as much as I used to, but as a kid I used to love taking toast, and eating them with miracle whip and cheese.  The secret though is you gotta let the toast dry a bit.  You put the cheese on immediate and it gets kind of "sweaty" between the hot bread and that's kind of gross.
But sweaty buns, well that's different.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #823 on: September 29, 2017, 01:09:39 PM »

Was giving a brief to a bunch of senior officers and some of my management today. At one point I realised everyone was looking at me strangely. Some had big smiles on their faces and other looked rather more stern and serious than usual. I was trying to surreptitiously check my zip wasn't down or that I didn't have something rude written on my forehead, but couldn't find out what was wrong.

Found out afterwards when I had been talking about a fescalised part of a landing strut I'd said "fellatio'd section".

Oh well, it made the brief more interesting. And besides that wasn't as bad as the time I was standing very bored in a brief and started thinking about some things me and a girlfriend got up to many years ago. When I had to stand rather strangely.

Our station commander's last day was today. After lunch we all lined up along the road as he was driven down in a cherry picker. He has been a pretty good SCO and it's a shame they only get two years in the post before they have to move. He gave me a medal once (The awesome medal of awesomeness, awarded for being awesome I think it was. I didn't actually read the citation, and when they were giving the speech before hand I was busy trying to stop "Rock Me Like A Hurricane" from playing over and over again in my head so I wasn't really paying attention, plus I hate those formal occasions and my mind often does its best to convince me I am somewhere else).

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #824 on: September 30, 2017, 10:06:30 PM »

RIP Monty Hall

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.