Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:39:11 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 472978 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #960 on: January 24, 2018, 04:56:32 PM »

Started reading "American Psycho" while in the hospital waiting room yesterday.

I understand why so much time is spent talking about what people are wearing, but it's getting a bit boring. I cannot understand how Ali loved this book so much. Everyone is so shallow, including the anti-hero so I can't even root for him to do something to them.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #961 on: January 24, 2018, 06:04:04 PM »

In light of today's school shooting in Kentucky, I gotta say, I'm getting a little annoyed with how public educators claim to "Miss certain early warning signs", Yet are stubbornly oblivious  to their role in causing this violence.

What role do public educators play in "causing this violence" if I may ask?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #962 on: January 24, 2018, 07:05:38 PM »

As Duke would've said, they need to start letting students arm themselves so they can return fire. That's the only answer.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #963 on: January 24, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »

Started reading "American Psycho" while in the hospital waiting room yesterday.

I understand why so much time is spent talking about what people are wearing, but it's getting a bit boring. I cannot understand how Ali loved this book so much. Everyone is so shallow, including the anti-hero so I can't even root for him to do something to them.

Most of what B.E.E. has written is pure torture to the eyes, but I read American Psycho in early 2000, not long before my life went to pure and total s**t, and I have to admit, I got into it to the point I immediately read most of everything else Ellis wrote, and except for The Rules of Attraction, a smart novel with a truly....unique...beginning, I couldn't stand it.

When I was in high school my favorite English major pointed out Patrick Bateman kills (or in his delusions claims he has killed) exactly as many men as women, so all those radical feminists of the time screaming misogyny were barking up the wrong tree. Just because he writes about forcing rats into a woman's babymaker does not mean Ellis was against the fairer sex.

The book is also in a few places really funny.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:16:50 PM by ER » Logged

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #964 on: January 24, 2018, 11:06:43 PM »

The fight to take Confederate names off of schools & streets, etc, has me wondering if Bruce Lee would have to change his name...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #965 on: January 26, 2018, 08:52:54 PM »

Is it just me, or is anyone else bothered by the fact that in '76, Burger King ditched the cute cartoon, & after 40 years, are still using a caricature of Dick Gjonola, a noted vegan & animal rights activist?

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #966 on: February 03, 2018, 11:12:27 AM »

So today I had to go into this methadone clinic for paperwork after the SWAT team left, and as I walked in this black lady with dreads asked how I was doing, and I said, "I remain God's gift to myself."

She gave me a blank stare, so I said, "I am extraordinary, if you'd ever get to know me, I'm just your average, everyday, sane psycho supergoddess."

Again, a blank stare.

What are the odds of some methadone clinic volunteer in the inner city not knowing an Oscar Wilde quote or a Liz Phair song lyric?

She did know her synthetic narcotics, though, which is really what you want in a methadone clinic worker.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #967 on: February 03, 2018, 01:21:23 PM »

I once interviewed a 102 year old World War One veteran who had shaken hands with Amelia Earhart.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #968 on: February 05, 2018, 05:22:34 PM »

I just installed this thing.
I'm not sure if it's working or not...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-WiFi-Intel-5100-512AN-802-11AGN-T500-T400-W500-X200-FRU-43Y6493/122125981494?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #969 on: February 05, 2018, 10:51:24 PM »

I own a working Geiger counter.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #970 on: February 14, 2018, 04:19:41 PM »

We're about a month away from the start of the severe storm season that peaks April to June but can sneak up on you in March, or, heck, almost anytime around here, even Christmas. It's not a question of if we'll get bad storms, but just when.

Still, this time of year, mid-winter, you think you're mostly safe, but this afternoon after my youngest went off to kindergarten I had to go across town to see my lawyers about this ridiculous allegation of a supposed criminal violation of security protocol at my job (get bent, James, happy Valentine's Day), and as I drove on the circle interstate in light drizzle under gray skies, I noticed behind me the sky was suddenly charcoal colored with a deepening jade hue, and it was coming at me faster than I was driving on an expressway, and I thought to myself, ha, that's funny, if I saw a sky like that in May I'd worry.

Then all Hell broke loose, rain so hard visibility was nil, lightning and pea-gravel hail and wind that rocked the car, the road filled with water faster than it could run off, and I tell you, I think it was a close call and had it been seventy outside instead of fifty-eight....well....someone else would have had to carry on the long posts here because I think that was a swirly thing trying to form overhead. Nasty little sudden gust front indeed for about five minutes.

316zombie
« Reply #971 on: February 15, 2018, 12:17:07 AM »

ER,you remind me of a woman i used to know, her name was cloudy. it would have been interesting to read conversations between the two of you, but she's gone now.
 *btw, to all, i DID quit that job.being unemployed beats being verbally abused.*
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #972 on: February 15, 2018, 06:55:39 PM »

Well, my work is done here for another day. Goodnight, BMDO-ers worldwide. Radix malorum est cupiditas.
(The root of evils is desire.)

And to my boss, James, who reads my posts obsessively, get a social life, get some life experience, get a boyfriend, get a new job. You got twenty months under your belt? I got twenty years. The hearing's going to be fun, and I'll still be standing.

316zombie
« Reply #973 on: February 15, 2018, 11:19:44 PM »

you're golden on this . believe it. and know that MOST people named james are NOT p**sants, okay? nail him to the wall,ER, you got it.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #974 on: February 16, 2018, 11:32:34 AM »

Ignore half of what I'm saying for a while, guys, I freely admit I am screwing with my boss. He can't fire me, only report me to those who can since he has no power, only a giant desk. Personally I suspect he and I both are going to get reprimanded. He whines a lot because he's a kid with no real world experience trying to act like he's somebody special. (Not my dad, the other boss. My dad's great.) I promise it'll end soon one way or the other.

Soooo, it's been a long hard morning of staring vacantly at interns in the office and posting in here about Nazi movies and interrogation techniques my boss knows nothing about, now off to lunch--- Northern Indian, no less!---with a man whose son I used to keep company with.

Shalom and fabersham til whenever!

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.