Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:44:13 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 473318 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #975 on: February 16, 2018, 01:13:30 PM »

sihT egassem is ,tnatropminu tub llew enod fi uoy evah daer siht tnatropminu egassem .yawyna

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #976 on: February 18, 2018, 01:45:07 PM »

Well, my work is done here for another day. Goodnight, BMDO-ers worldwide. Radix malorum est cupiditas.
(The root of evils is desire.)

And to my boss, James, who reads my posts obsessively, get a social life, get some life experience, get a boyfriend, get a new job. You got twenty months under your belt? I got twenty years. The hearing's going to be fun, and I'll still be standing.

Remember if you ever do have a boss who is truly stupid enough to spy on your social media and then try and use it against you, even beyond the whole "Wow how creepy are you?" factor and if something like that got out the potential bad publicity for the company (which depending on local laws could find itself liable for his actions under their employment (in the UK you'd have to be doing what is called a "willful frolick" for the company not get into trouble (and you'd be amazed what you can do before it actually gets to that))) there is a fair chance he could be committing a criminal offence should he try and use it against you. Certainly over here there is a right to privacy issue he'd be violating right off. Funny thing is, even though you are not in Europe and neither is he, the weird thing is that if the server this site is hosted on was, then he'd still be breaking the law here. That kind of cyber stalking issue is a big thing over here right now and is frowned on. Some guy in the UK was hacking a company in the UK, but got extradited to the US because that is where the sever hosting the companies website was.

Even if it is written into your employment contract that your company can do it, it still can be an illegal action especially if you are not saying anything derogatory about your company.

Just something for you and anyone else out there to think about should you ever find yourself in this position for real. I know having some perverted boss spying on my online life would be a pretty freaky thing to put up with. Ugh, that gives me the shudders just thinking about it. I think I'd be looking to politely explain what a bad idea it would be with a length of wood and his kneecaps. Give them a limp for the rest of their life that will ache everytime the weather is cold so he'd remember next time what a bad idea something like that would be. I mean not personally. I'd be somewhere else with a good alibi while it happened, but I am sure you get the idea.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:09:42 PM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #977 on: February 18, 2018, 05:13:30 PM »

Remind me AGAIN to always stay in your good graces, Mr. Dark.  TeddyR
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:46:59 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #978 on: February 18, 2018, 07:48:04 PM »

I think we need to start going to court against corporations who force workers to 'agree' to this sort if thing and get it ruled illegal.  A coronation should hit be able to free race people to sign a way their rights to get a lousey job.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #979 on: February 18, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »

The problem with the work I've been so kvetchy about on here is it does deal with sensitive information and does carry a lot more restrictions going in than many jobs that don't deal with such things and so I can't say I went in blindly, I did sign away many rights and protections other workers take for granted, including agreeing to intrusive background checks and even polygraph evaluations at their discretion, and I'm good with that. I guess it's similar to those curtailing of some liberties imposed on some people in banking, finance, and some types of military engineering. I'm probably less unique than I think in those regards.

My complaints all center around an incompetent new supervisor who has made operations unnecessarily difficult these last few months because he had neither an adequate background nor a sense of what he's doing. My grievance is not with my overall employment, it's with him personally and specifically.

In a few days one way or the other the matter will be resolved. I don't expect to come out unscathed and I have been unprofessional toward this man, James, but I think it will also be found how terrible at his job he is, so I'll fall on my sword for a reason.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #980 on: February 18, 2018, 10:26:41 PM »

Well,  when people like you accept this you make it easier for big biz to force others to accept it or be unemployed.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #981 on: February 18, 2018, 11:11:18 PM »

So, Sven, what's it like to know everything?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #982 on: February 18, 2018, 11:18:37 PM »

And I don't work for big business. That was just you profiling. lol

Night, everyone, and happy Presidents' Day on the morrow.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #983 on: February 18, 2018, 11:20:49 PM »

Aah... In a world where people respect human life, authority, other people and their opinions a little less every day, There's nothing like watching puppeteers riff on poorly made movies!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #984 on: February 18, 2018, 11:23:42 PM »

Big business in America has been pushing further and further into people's private lives and denandibf workers submit to more and more intrusions.  When people submit to it it makes it possible for the people who refuse to sacrifice their rights and privacy to the corporate state to sinpl be brushed asides.  Pushed out of employment.  

Someone said when fascism came to America it would be carrying a cross and wrapped in a flag.  It looks to me like fascism came to America wearing a suit and tie and holding a pink slip.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #985 on: February 18, 2018, 11:36:21 PM »

America must be doing something right, it's the richest nation in the history of the world. It's where  millions of
people line up to come, some risking life and limb.. It's where its detractors are of so little threat they're allowed to be openly critical of their government and society.

You have a lot of inside experience with the corporate world, do you?

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #986 on: February 19, 2018, 06:35:07 PM »

While driving around rural Fannin County, TX today, I saw several signs for a County Judge candidate named "Spanky Carter."
Now, I'm sure he's a good man and a fine judicial candidate, but, let's be honest -

doesn't JUDGE SPANKY sound like one HECK of a B-movie title???? TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #987 on: February 19, 2018, 11:50:48 PM »

isn't that the title of one of the little rascals shorts? or maybe it was a dogville short? i swear i've actually read that as a video title...google is my friend,i'll check.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #988 on: February 21, 2018, 11:19:09 AM »

I used to wonder how come people say, "...the Tigris and Euphrates rivers..." when actually the Euphrates lies west of the Tigris, and therefore comes "first", and then it popped into my head that people in that region have traditionally read from right to left, and I bet that orients their entire outlook that way, so that's maybe why the Tigris is cited first.

claws
« Reply #989 on: February 22, 2018, 07:05:52 AM »

I don't understand the constant need to post Animated gifs to back up or to ridicule arguments at message boards. It seems like a very childish thing to do?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.