Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:20 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 473064 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1005 on: February 23, 2018, 03:16:02 PM »

Which came first, the rooster or the hen?
That's enough to make me ponder the merits of creation theory.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1006 on: February 23, 2018, 04:32:14 PM »

The rooster came first, and the hen complained that he just fell asleep straight afterwards and didn't even cuddle.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1007 on: February 24, 2018, 12:00:06 AM »

ADHD- Why I would never trust a teacher with a gun:
I heard about some kids planning on cutting class to protest the school shooting in Florida, & it's still winter, & I humored the idea of them getting rained on.
ADHD- A large number of kids staged a walk out my senior year of high school, and they got rained on. Ya see, the radicalist christian school board in that tiny Texas community tried to ban Satanism, heavy metal music, long hair, etc.
This caused a few of the teachers to take up the mantle of antisemitism, because they apparently couldn't tell the difference between a star of David & a pentagram.
Naturally, this raised the contempt of a single Jewish teacher, who often took out her frustrations on the students.
I found out that the following year, she got one of the vice principles fired for allowing prayer groups to meet on campus after school hours, and the year after that, stole a donation can from some kids trying to go on some trip, and she hasn't been seen or heard from since.
My point?
They're not just "Human", They're stuck up and twice as crazy.
With age does not necessarily come wisdom. Sometimes, age shows up alone.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1008 on: February 24, 2018, 10:52:24 AM »

The rooster came first, and the hen complained that he just fell asleep straight afterwards and didn't even cuddle.
That is kinda rude, though, you give them three or four rounds of sex, you're in that warm, floaty wonderland, and they just fall asleep like they're worn out?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1009 on: February 24, 2018, 11:37:46 AM »

I still think creationism is moronic.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1010 on: February 24, 2018, 12:12:13 PM »

I still think creationism is moronic.

Most militant creationists I've met have seemed intellectually limited, but I do question how blindly and chaotically nature alone could have engineered some of the wonders in existence, even something like the eye. When I've said this about the eye to others in science they've tended to pompously regurgitate what they've been told in class or read in a text, and do it arrogantly, as if they originally made those explanatory observations, and they've failed to truly think about the wonder of what an eye does. How could chaos create the precision of an eye? Repeating what you've been told is not necessarily a sign of brilliance, and I took a lot of flak in school for questioning pat answers from the scientific catechism, naively thinking science was about curiosity and questioning.

Another problem is the transitory species that bridged flightless species who are said to have evolved flight. The best explanation to this point by biologists is flappy limbs may have been insect-catchers, and over time the limbs elongated into wings. No evidence for this in the fossil record, exactly, but it's the going theory to cover how evolution produced flight, and it rings hollow.

Survival of the fittest, natural selection, the ongoing development of species, of course these things are reality, and only fools deny them. Evolution is very real, but how life began and was it guided, are we all some experiment with an end, that;s what preoccupies me.

To me the concept of some guiding force seems more supportable than to assign the cause to action and reaction and say it somehow lucked out and made human beings and life-supporting atmospheres and an interconnected biome that sustains life in all its diversity.

One thing I absolutely believe is I don't think religions have a monopoly on the idea of some sort of creation, and I don't think they get it right, the idea of universal design does not belong to them, and they close down all debate on the matter by being dogmatic and driving people away. But then again I don't think science has figured it out yet either, and may not unless scientists become less defensive and quit lashing out at religion, which should not be science's enemy or its equal. Seek truth and don't be distracted by others seeking on their own, that's how I look at it all.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:17:19 PM by ER » Logged

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1011 on: February 24, 2018, 03:26:55 PM »

I rubbed my left eye this morning and it sounded like a Geiger Counter.

For frak's sake ask a doctor about tat or at least research it on the net.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1012 on: February 24, 2018, 05:57:27 PM »

I rubbed my left eye this morning and it sounded like a Geiger Counter.

For frak's sake ask a doctor about tat or at least research it on the net.

I'd recommend the doctor option over researching it yourself. Especially just googling it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Raffine

« Reply #1013 on: February 24, 2018, 06:14:09 PM »

I got school of six teeny tiny little baby panda catfishes today for an old aquarium I set up last week.

They are incredibly cute and adorable as they swim around together poking around for snacks and I love them very very much.

These aren't mine, but they are very similar :

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:12:27 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1014 on: February 25, 2018, 12:09:07 AM »

I got school of six teeny tiny little baby panda catfishes today for an old aquarium I set up last week.

They are incredibly cute and adorable as they swim around together poking around for snacks and I love them very very much.

These aren't mine, but they are very similar :

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
I love to watch living things do their thing.   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1015 on: February 25, 2018, 09:38:38 AM »

I actually find that Numa Numa song....kinda stirring.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1016 on: February 25, 2018, 10:04:21 AM »

I actually find that Numa Numa song....kinda stirring.

It's a long time favorite of mine. 

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1017 on: February 25, 2018, 02:47:39 PM »

My family is watching La La Land. It is not yet five minutes old and I hate it already. Its worse than that thing with Mr Leapy Legs they were watching the other day that I've forgotten the name of already.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1018 on: February 25, 2018, 03:55:15 PM »

A small tornado hit east of us last night around midnight, setting off our sirens and waking the little ones up, and today instead of spending the afternoon over with their paternal grandparents, as the children do every Sunday, we drove first to see the high water mark of the worst flooding around here since 1997, simply an awe-generating sight all that water, then went and beheld where the tornado struck in a rural setting not far from some land we own out that way, a nine-acre spread we imaginatively dub our farm. (There is nothing on this land but trees, stickers and thorns, and an unholy conglomeration of ticks.)

All we had to do to find the tornado's path was drive toward the sound of a hundred chain saws running at once.

We could go gawk with a good conscience since it was an F-0 (seventy mile an hour winds, they think though a concentrated funnel) and no one was hurt and damage was minor, though there was a lot pink fiberglass insulation scattered in treetops and some branches were hanging and a shed took a beating and in the metal sides where it was blown apart like a bomb hit, you could literally see the twisting motion that was within the wind, it was like a giant hand grabbed the shed and gave it a crumple. Pretty cool in a wow what a shame kind of way.

The path was there to be followed and was easy to pick out, it stayed on the ground for ten minutes and traveled six miles, ironically through a town called Hammersville (it got hammered...?) though the storm weakened as it went, and the weirdest sight was a child's plastic slide hanging twenty feet up in a tree, dangling, no serious structural damage or I would not have suggested we five go see since I wouldn't want to look on at others' misfortune.

After an afternoon like that, we're settling in and I helped my daughter build a new blue-green MTG deck, and next I'm going to teach my son how to do laundry. One fewer person for whom to do clothes? Ah, you see, life gets better...

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1019 on: February 28, 2018, 10:29:46 PM »

FYI
Dick's Sporting Goods quit selling "assault style rifles" six years ago.
A subsidiary of theirs, Field & Stream is going to stop selling "assault style rifles".
Dick's Sporting Goods is going to continue selling the kind of hunting shotguns like the one they once sold to Nikolas Cruz.

In other words, Dick's Sporting Goods' announcement this afternoon is just a hypocritical marketing ploy to make their overpriced running shoes more attractive to leftist snobs.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.