Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:13:36 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 472670 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1020 on: March 01, 2018, 11:03:16 AM »

I tried just now to settle in here while my daughter watched the meddling kids stop another ersatz ghost from getting away with it so I could counteract last week's Dismal etc thread by writing a Good, Jolly, Hap-Hap-Happy topic about myself, but after listing the third nice thing about my life it sounded like I was bragging.

Sigh, when cynicism sounds more forgivable than rejoicing, it makes you see this really is the devil's world, innit?

Abridged version:

I was born in the United States, which instantly makes me extremely lucky, and I have Irish DNA, which means I am predisposed to particularly appreciate words and alcohol, so somehow having skipped the fondness for alcohol (yuck) I am clearly deeply blessed. Though I mildly knock Ireland, it is a beautiful country and I am proud to be a citizen there as well as to be an American.

I had parents who loved me and took good care of me. Not everyone was that lucky, I know.

Though I had no siblings I had an extended family full of good and interesting people, and when push came to shove, we usually did look out for one another at the worst.

I am not poor, I have a pool and a car and a house and a woods.

I have known what falling in love feels like, and I know what being loved back is like.

I received a quality education (and still learned much), I have traveled, I have achieved many of my dreams, I still have one grandparent left even though I am almost forty.

I have cheated death several times, once violent death where the odds of survival were long. It was so improbable that the man I was with and I walked away unharmed as we did that day that in the midst of my twenty-something agnosticism I paused to wonder if there was a God, and God wanted either him or me to stay alive for a reason.

I have good friends, I have a loving dog, I have a spouse who understands me and chooses to live with me anyway, I was born at a time when movies and books are available, space is being explored, friends around the world can be easily made, and mostly people don't stink.

I've known relative peace and political stability, seen amazing world events, and dwell in a civilization that lets women be other than a man's property.

I think despite my many personal flaws and faults I am lucky, blessed, and fortunate, and wish all to know I live now and have lived a very good and mostly happy life, for which I am grateful from the bottom of my heart.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1021 on: March 01, 2018, 10:31:42 PM »

The American dollar has been devalued by the bamster.
Trump should stop printing money.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1022 on: March 01, 2018, 11:30:00 PM »

Man, these next few days are going to be frenetic.  But Spring Break is coming . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #1023 on: March 02, 2018, 11:29:51 AM »

I don't mind a bucket of popcorn, but dining at Cinemas (Drafthouse) seems ridiculous to me. When does the need to constantly feed stop? Are there no boundaries for convenience? What's next, employees bringing you a burger while you're filling up your car at the gas station? Gourmet grilled cheese and beer served while you are waiting at the doctor's office?  Lookingup

/rant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1024 on: March 02, 2018, 07:16:53 PM »

I don't mind a bucket of popcorn, but dining at Cinemas (Drafthouse) seems ridiculous to me.

/rant

I, on the other hand, absolutely love this idea and wish we had one near me.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #1025 on: March 02, 2018, 10:57:22 PM »

I don't mind a bucket of popcorn, but dining at Cinemas (Drafthouse) seems ridiculous to me.

/rant

I've tried it once. We had something similar here in Germany some years ago but the theater had to scrap the food soon because of lack of interest I guess. It didn't work for me or my friends as we found the experience to be distracting. Fidgeting with a schnitzel under dimmed light while trying to focus on a movie just isn't my thing. And the beer ordering folks were running to the toilet more than once, which was kind of annoying.

Grabbing a bite to eat after a movie is much more fun and makes more sense in my opinion.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1026 on: March 03, 2018, 01:05:52 PM »

Time to ditch an Obama era policy called the Promise Program, & bring back an NRA endorsed policy called Project Exile.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1027 on: March 03, 2018, 09:20:39 PM »

Time to depower the NRA by putting Democrats in control of Congress.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1028 on: March 03, 2018, 09:38:50 PM »

/rant

I've tried it once. We had something similar here in Germany some years ago but the theater had to scrap the food soon because of lack of interest I guess. It didn't work for me or my friends as we found the experience to be distracting. Fidgeting with a schnitzel under dimmed light while trying to focus on a movie just isn't my thing. And the beer ordering folks were running to the toilet more than once, which was kind of annoying.

Grabbing a bite to eat after a movie is much more fun and makes more sense in my opinion.

What WOULD be cool would be having a pot bar in a theater!
Buy your weed and munchies at the front-and enjoy BAD movies in the theater!

Of course I do that at home just fine.... TongueOut
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:41:52 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1029 on: March 03, 2018, 09:46:43 PM »

Time to depower the NRA by putting Democrats in control of Congress.
The NRA has made Democrats billions, they're not going to get rid of it anytime soon.
The NRA has made Republicans billions, they're not going to get rid of it anytime soon.

316zombie
« Reply #1030 on: March 03, 2018, 10:47:11 PM »

my mannequin head broke today, that sucks.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1031 on: March 05, 2018, 05:12:44 PM »

Dammit, just removed my last post on suicide when I meant to amend it. Just as well, wouldn't want to plant ideas in drug addicts' minds, but some people probably shouldn't be lied to about how good they are when they know their lives only hurt others. The man from the ceremony this weekend was a monster and died way too late.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1032 on: March 05, 2018, 07:53:58 PM »

I think quantum physics is awe inspiring.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1033 on: March 05, 2018, 07:56:56 PM »

Indeed it is. Inspire us with your awe and tell us what you know about the Great Mother of Sciences. I got a minute.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1034 on: March 05, 2018, 11:20:49 PM »

Indeed it is. Inspire us with your awe and tell us what you know about the Great Mother of Sciences. I got a minute.
Don't you see?  Don't you get it?   Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.