Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:42:33 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 473376 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1500 on: June 24, 2019, 05:09:08 PM »

i'm really glad i don't mow lawns for a living.

Or, you could be like the late Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, who found himself mowing the front yard of his house in Washington, D.C., when a white woman drove by and seeing a black man mowing the lawn, stopped her car and said to Marshall: "Boy! Hey, boy! How much would you charge me to mow my lawn?" And he said: "I don't know about you, but the lady of this house lets me sleep with her." No idea how the woman responded to that.

Hmm, could have been an interesting sideline I guess.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1501 on: June 24, 2019, 05:32:44 PM »

Has anyone else seen The Creep Behind The Camera?

Yes. The part about Manson is bulls**t. Manson was in prison at the time. He didn't show up at Spahn until 1968.
Interesting......
One of the things I've been thinking a lot about, is how it doesn't really follow a linear
Which makes me wary of the whole movie. If it's gonna be that fast and loose with facts- it ain't based on truth. Kinda like ED WOOD. Great film. Bad history.
Don't get me wrong! I enjoyed the CREEP BEHIND THE CAMERA very much! But as far as it being factual- I know some of the history of the CREEPING TERROR (1964) and lots of what is in the movie is based on real events. Nelson was a maniac, from all accounts. And CREEPING TERROR was filmed around Spahn, but Manson was nowhere in site in 1964. He was doing time. He didn't get out of stir until years later. Like the rumor that Charlie audtioned for the Monkees- nonsense.

Now Al Adamson DID make movies at Spahn while the family was there....!
One of the things I've been thinking a lot about, is how it doesn't really follow a linear history, as mush as it sort of bounces back & forth, making parts of it pretty confusing...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1502 on: June 24, 2019, 05:35:52 PM »

Has anyone else seen The Creep Behind The Camera?

Yes. The part about Manson is bulls**t. Manson was in prison at the time. He didn't show up at Spahn until 1968.
Interesting......
One of the things I've been thinking a lot about, is how it doesn't really follow a linear
Which makes me wary of the whole movie. If it's gonna be that fast and loose with facts- it ain't based on truth. Kinda like ED WOOD. Great film. Bad history.
Don't get me wrong! I enjoyed the CREEP BEHIND THE CAMERA very much! But as far as it being factual- I know some of the history of the CREEPING TERROR (1964) and lots of what is in the movie is based on real events. Nelson was a maniac, from all accounts. And CREEPING TERROR was filmed around Spahn, but Manson was nowhere in site in 1964. He was doing time. He didn't get out of stir until years later. Like the rumor that Charlie audtioned for the Monkees- nonsense.

Now Al Adamson DID make movies at Spahn while the family was there....!
One of the things I've been thinking a lot about, is how it doesn't really follow a linear history, as mush as it sort of bounces back & forth, making parts of it pretty confusing...
Because most of it is bulls**t.
Like when Hitler got shot in Tarintino's WW2 movie.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 05:38:51 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1503 on: June 24, 2019, 05:42:46 PM »

Speaking of Manson I heard when he was arrested the last time hecd already spent hang his life in cages. Obviously he spent the rest of  it in one. Icd guess about 75% of his life was in a cell. I can't help feeling a little sorry for him.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1504 on: June 24, 2019, 05:50:39 PM »

Speaking of Manson I heard when he was arrested the last time hecd already spent hang his life in cages. Obviously he spent the rest of  it in one. Icd guess about 75% of his life was in a cell. I can't help feeling a little sorry for him.

I don't feel sorry for him one hair. He was nuts. He was where he needed to be.
I can understand at times why he was nuts, but that doesn't excuse what he did.
I had a f**ked up life too, and from your words at times, you have too. I think we all have, in differant ways. But by NO means is that ever a reason to go around terrorizing the countryside.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #1505 on: June 24, 2019, 09:31:04 PM »

damn straight. he as NOT a victim in any way, when it comes to going to jail.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1506 on: June 24, 2019, 11:08:45 PM »

I just know what it's like to be shut away from a lot of good things, not all prisons are made of concrete and steel,  some are glass,  kinda like that "glass ceiling" thing.  I guess it just gives me a certain empathy.

But Manson was a scumbag,  I mean,  the freaking' swastika proves that. Plus he wanted to be in the system he claimed to barre but got pushed out,  I understand he wrote some music that got preformed but robbed of  his share.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1507 on: June 25, 2019, 03:07:17 AM »

Since I like horror films and Kristi likes musical's I have decided that Evil Dead: The Musical would be our perfect date night movie.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1508 on: June 25, 2019, 03:49:50 AM »

Since I like horror films and Kristi likes musical's I have decided that Evil Dead: The Musical would be our perfect date night movie.

If they ever make evil dead the musical we'll know who to blame now...

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1509 on: June 25, 2019, 03:58:55 AM »

Too late. They already did.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1510 on: June 25, 2019, 04:06:12 AM »

Oh ghawd I thought you were joking...

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1511 on: June 25, 2019, 04:17:17 AM »

Oh ghawd I thought you were joking...

I've posted a Youtube video of the full thing on the Full-Length movies thread.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1512 on: June 25, 2019, 04:31:05 AM »

Wooohoooo! For the first time ever I just managed to listen to the whole of 'Empire of the Clouds' with no one and nothing interrupting!

Bushma

« Reply #1513 on: June 25, 2019, 05:59:53 AM »

There was new group coming onto our floor at work.  We had to make room.  I used to have a cube on the 8th floor, in the corner, looking out the windows.  Now I'm in the center isle.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1514 on: June 25, 2019, 06:17:06 AM »

There was new group coming onto our floor at work.  We had to make room.  I used to have a cube on the 8th floor, in the corner, looking out the windows.  Now I'm in the center isle.
. Have you figured out how it's all the democrats fault?

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.