Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:26:21 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  LUMBERJACK MAN (2015) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LUMBERJACK MAN (2015)  (Read 2510 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: December 02, 2015, 11:55:34 PM »

Man, this is a bad movie lover's dream.  From its preposterous premise to its offensive stereotypes to its over-the-top, gratuitous nudity, this one passes Joe Bob Briggs' "3 B's" test with flying colors.

What we have at the start is a bunch of teenagers on their way to church camp, where they will act as counselors.
These are the lewdest, nudest, crudest teens you can imagine.  Every girl seems to exist for one  purpose: to show her boobs, then die.
The guys are stoners, players, perverts, goofballs, and of course, the obligatory stereotypical gay kid. The male camp director is a blithering, holier-than-thou idiot, his female counterpart is essentially there to provide more eye candy before getting skewered.

(None of the church camps I went to as a kid were anything like this - I'm not sure if I should be relieved or disappointed!)

Anyway, the church camp is being stalked by the vengeful spirit of an angry lumberjack, who drags a huge wagon covered with enormous pancakes which he must soak in blood and consume to wreak vengeance on those who stole his pancake recipe long ago.  Yes, that's right, he is slaughtering teenagers by the busload to avenge the loss of a beloved recipe! How the movie's historical detective character managed to explain this to the sheriff without keeling over in hysterical laughter shows what great acting these movies sometimes have.

Seriously, this is one of the dumbest and most fun B-movies I've seen in awhile.
Beware the axe of LUMBERJACK MAN!

5/5 on a bad movie scale,  1/5 in the eyes of any responsible critic.
Thank goodness we don't have many of those around here! LOL

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 05:31:55 AM »

Saw this together with The Final Girls...man what a fun evening.
At first I thought this was just another bad slasher flick, but after the whole "pancake"-thing was introduced it was pretty clear, that it was not supposed to be taken seriously.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 07:30:23 AM »

I loved this scene near the end:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

When the four battered, bloodied, syrup-covered survivors come staggering out of the forest and the driver of a pickup truck stops to pick them up, he asks: "What happened to you guys?"
And the final girl, Faith, responds:  "Church camp."
Driver:  "Oh.  Figures!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 10:46:20 AM »

Long,long, long ago, if you'd have described that plot, I'd have said, 'Oh, come on!'...my, how things have changed.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 05:09:39 AM »

I really enjoyed this.

The people who made it obviously have a lot of love for the films they are referencing (Friday the 13th, Sleepaway Camp and to a lesser extent movies like Meatballs). They obviously have talent and could have easily made a very competent horror film that played it straight.

I guess the humour was stoner-ish, the kills were inventive and the gore were comedic and OTT in the vein of Hobo With a Shotgun. It straddled the line between being a homage and a spoof quite well which is a difficult thing to do.

It sets its stall out as comedic from the outset and I genuinely laughed out loud several times. It looks good and although it’s obviously tongue in cheek the performances are good. Michael Madsen in particular really looks like he’s enjoying himself.

I’d definitely recommend this one to other horror fans but I’d be sure to tell them it’s not really a horror. It’s not for everyone though! 

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 08:35:59 PM »

I rewatched this one last night and it held up quite well on a second viewing. 
Definitely a film for Bad Movie fans!!!   TeddyR

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  LUMBERJACK MAN (2015) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.