Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:17:52 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Celebrity Wife Swap « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Celebrity Wife Swap  (Read 2712 times)
claws
« on: December 06, 2015, 05:47:29 AM »

I pretty much gave up on TV about 10 years ago but I came across an episode of Celebrity Wife Swap while searching stuff on YouTube. I ended up binge watching the show the last two weeks. I think the idea is interesting, in a social experiment kind of way, but the premise got repetitive real quick. It's a clash of different lifestyles with fish-out-of-water dramatics usually involving self centered, neurotic and super-rich 'have been' celebrities . Notable episodes:

Gary Busey / Ted Haggard. Gary is a hot mess - years of drug abuse have left a mark, and his near fatal motorcycle crash with an afterlife experience made him a born again christian. Gary is obviously spiritually confused, sharing his irregular views with his Jewish fiancee who believes in reincarnation. Gary swaps his fiancee with Mrs. Haggard and she is probably one of the most forgiving and kindest persons, with a calming spiritual aura. It was rather interesting to witness how they all interacted and probably one of the better episodes.

Flavor Flav / Dee Snyder. Flav came off as a jerk, like a bad caricature of himself. Dee Snyder and his big family are actually pretty cool, cutting Flav's incomprehensive wife a lot of slack, while Snyder's outspoken wife must deal with moron Flav, but fails to establish any sort of communication because of his idiotic antics.

Hines Ward / Verne Troyer. Verne is probably everything you thought "Mini-me" would be, and some. He plays video games all day, is sex addicted and rarely leaves the house. Verne's girlfriend is a bit of a character - harmless nutty, cute, funny and free spirited. When the swapped wives change rules she messes up Hines Ward's spick and span posh mansion with good intentions. It embarrassingly backfires ending this episode on a sour note.

Daniel Baldwin / Jermaine Jackson. Baldwin, slightly damaged from a history of drug abuse, lives with his ex-wife and their autistic son. Jermaine Jackson gives a new meaning to "weird." Just like his brother Michael he seems like an alien, has a germ phobia, is a Hollywood hoarder and speaks with a strange falsetto. Baldwin's wife also fails to reach Jermaine, with him being uncooperative and calling it the quits during the episode twice.

Angie Everhart / Pat & Gina Neely. Maybe not a good actress but Angie's still a stunning beauty, cancer survivor, health food freak, very sympathetic and headstrong. She must deal with a fatty food cook and his neglected daughter. Angie's kind of like a good fairy, fixing some of the Neely's family issues.

Jackee Harris / Traci Lords. Jackee is an eccentric comedic demanding diva, Traci is more down to earth living a alternative lifestyle (her son makes toys out of recycled trash and has pet bugs). Jackee obviously takes advantage by living in the house of her super-flamboyant ex-husband. Traci tries to inject some mojo back into the ex, resulting in putting Jackee's belongings in storage. Traci's good intentions backfire as the two-faced ex cowardly blames Traci when a furious Jackee hears about the changes when they all meet up.

Jeremy London / David & Jackie Siegel. Former 90s heartthrob Jason who now runs a cattle farm swaps his beautiful country wife with Botox junkie Jackie Siegel. The Siegel's are like one of the richest people in America? It was actually funny to see Jackie doing farm chores, wearing designer fur coats underneath her working clothes.

Tami Roman / Kerri Walsh-Jennings. This was another extreme opposites episode. Olympic health freak with tight schedules Kerri must live the lush and slightly skanky lifestyle of blunt Reality TV star Tami. Meaning, taking over her sex help radio show, running her fashion business and going to strip clubs. This was very entertaining.

Charo / Jill Whelan. This was the most comedic episode. Former Love Boat actress and single mother Jill living with her strict sister swaps with longtime friend Charo. Jill is thrown into a lifestyle that is exhausting AND ridiculous, because whatever Charo and her entourage do at home is an event - like a simple dinner with friends turning into a flamenco fiesta etc. Jill is very attractive and a good sport with strong opinions, and Charo is well, Charo. A human hurricane on two restless feet.

Cloris Leachman / Pia Zadora. Sassy 89 year old wheelchair bound Cloris living the vegetarian hippie lifestyle with her daughter swaps homes with Las Vegas diva Pia. Pia hates germs, insects and the outdoors in general. Pia's home is like a sterile clinic, she doesn't allow sunlight in her house and her under appreciated macho ex-cop husband plays politely by Pia's rules. While Cloris demands Pia's husband to man up Pia, who usually wears a surgeon mask and rubber gloves when leaving her home, throws mild diva fits at the Leachman house but eventually copes, and turns things to the better.

Tommy Davidson / Corey Feldman. Corey claims to be Michael Jackson running a rather strange cult-like hippie community called "Corey's Angels." The Angels consist of three brainwashed young girls ready for Hollywood success guided Corey style. They must sign contracts and do whatever Corey says. I believe Corey does this for his own sexual kicks and it actually comes off like that. He acts like a not very bright creep getting his way and you just want to punch him.

Anyway, I thought most of the episodes were amusing and yet very strange. Worth a look.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:48:20 AM by claws » Logged
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 12:39:34 AM »

I would get married just to be able to swap wives with Percy Gibson.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 10:18:24 PM »

I've watched the show but I actually like it less than the non-celebrity version. Overall I think I prefer the UK version the most. Did enjoy the episode with Ric Flair and Rowdy Roddy Piper...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Celebrity Wife Swap « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.