Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:25:10 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Reactions « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reactions  (Read 15423 times)
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 09, 2015, 03:13:01 AM »

You just watched a movie and you hated everything about it. You thought the acting sucked, the characters sucked, the dialogue sucked, and the movie completely unfulfilled any kind of viewing pleasure. Now, you have to give the film maker notes.

Would you mention the bad acting, bad characters and dialogue, or would you just trash the story and forget about everything else?

I wrote a script a while ago which I knew would tick some people off. But, these are people who don't look at the big picture. So, they attack the story. Which is fine if you compliment what got you to the point of being ticked off. If something ticked you off, wouldn't that mean you were engaged? Wouldn't I have had to do something correct to get an emotional reaction?

The way I look at it, if I'm watching something that I just thinks all around sucks, the story means nothing to me because I'm not being entertained in the least. I thought the ending of Sixth Sense was the best ending I'd ever seen. But, it was two hours of boredom getting there. 
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 01:10:32 AM »

You just watched a movie and you hated everything about it. You thought the acting sucked, the characters sucked, the dialogue sucked, and the movie completely unfulfilled any kind of viewing pleasure. Now, you have to give the film maker notes.

Would you mention the bad acting, bad characters and dialogue, or would you just trash the story and forget about everything else?

First of all, welcome back  Smile

Secondly, I see a lot of films like this and I usually end up trashing the story or the need of the filmmaker to make the "great South African film": my story to the filmmaker is that (a) they should learn to write a better script and (b) that great film was made long ago.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 08:40:03 AM »

Just make your notes very specific and helpful. "The story sucked" isn't helpful. "When character A told B he loved her I didn't believe it because it hadn't been set up earlier" is helpful. Yes, you should criticize the actors if they did something wrong. Sprinkling in some compliments that show that you understand what the creator was aiming at is also good.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 01:26:02 AM »

After verbally assaulting a few people for a while (I'm an ass). I got them to be a little more specific, and the word gratuitous was used frequently. They literally wanted to rewrite the third act, not because it was bad. But, because it hurt their PC sensibilities.

I'm sorry, that's messed up.

Thanks Trevor, I been busy. I don't get around much anymore.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Reactions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.