Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:57:23 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Bigfoot movies/documentaries? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Favorite Bigfoot movies/documentaries?  (Read 9762 times)
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 16, 2015, 12:56:41 PM »

I've been on a bigfoot kick lately and was wondering what are your favorite movies and documentaries on the subject. I tend to like the stuff out of the 1970s for some reason (maybe because it's cheesier). Boggy Creek and In Search Of come to mind for me. Please weigh in ...
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 01:34:52 AM »

Legend of Bigfoot instantly comes to mind. It's one of those old documentary movies about a man who's dedicated to tracking down bigfoot. There's a lot of criticism that the film is faked and having watched it several times I can see why people would think so. Footprint evidence clearly projected into the shot, weird glowing eyes with no obvious body when one should be plainly visible, questionable looking bigfeet behaving oddly; it's not very impressive to look at. What's enjoyable about it is the sense of bumbling innocence the movie gives off. With the storytelling, narration, scenic locations, and nostalgic look of old film technology, it's trying its best to make a long story fun. I find the whole thing very quaint and have come to enjoy it in spite of its many glaring faults and dubious claims.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 04:36:26 AM »

The Legend of Boggy Creek.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 04:57:11 AM »

Bigfoot Wars, if only for the end scene where the army of Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) come charging out the forest.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 07:27:46 AM »

EXISTS was really good, and WILLOW CREEK was another.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 10:11:26 AM »

Small | Large

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 10:34:51 AM »

EXISTS was really good, and WILLOW CREEK was another.
Totally agree...especially Exists was amazing.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 11:50:58 AM »

Wild Man of Navidad
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 01:11:02 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, guys. Will be checking them out ..

While we're on the subject I have a "what was that movie" question. There was a bigfoot movie where a bunch of drunks tried to hunt him down. There's a bar scene where they all gather and decide they're going to go after him. Does anyone know the movie I'm talking about? I don't think it's "Capture of Bigfoot"  ... I may be confusing this with drunks hunting an alien or something ... but still want to know the movie. Thanks.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 02:37:43 PM »

The First on I ever heard of, was The Mysterious Monsters.
Never actually seen the whole thing.

Another one is Sasquatch, a mocumentary about a naturalist who takes a stereotypical group of mountaineers into the deep wilderness in hopes of capturing Big Foot. Along the way, an old codger tells campfire tales of documented encounters, complete with reenactments.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 01:01:41 AM »

The First on I ever heard of, was The Mysterious Monsters.
Never actually seen the whole thing.

I bought the paperback-at the Pepsi sign news stand in town
-then I saw the movie at the Strand in Paw Paw! -I usta watch all them Leonard Nimoy "IN Search Of" TV shows-!  Thumbup
Good Times Smile
They played a lot of those Sunn Classic movies down at the Strand-someone oughta start a thread on Sunn!

The first one I saw was this one!-at the Strand on a Saturday matinee.

It only cost us 75 cents to  get in! ( I just noticed -they don't have any cents sign-like a $ sign?)

I stayed for two showings-I was 8!  Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 01:10:32 AM »

Scott - there was a scene like that in Wild Man of Navidad but  its not a hugely original idea

Small | Large
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 01:18:54 AM »

This movie is NUTS!  Buggedout

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 09:25:03 AM »

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, guys. Will be checking them out ..

While we're on the subject I have a "what was that movie" question. There was a bigfoot movie where a bunch of drunks tried to hunt him down. There's a bar scene where they all gather and decide they're going to go after him. Does anyone know the movie I'm talking about? I don't think it's "Capture of Bigfoot"  ... I may be confusing this with drunks hunting an alien or something ... but still want to know the movie. Thanks.

I found my answer ... I had just forgotten about it. It's "Galaxy Invader" where bunch of hillbillies/drunks hunt an alien.

! No longer available Small | Large
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 10:37:36 AM »

THE LEGEND OF BOGGY CREEK scared the crap outta us as kids and convinced us there was a kid-eating bigfoot lurking in the half acre or so woods in our neighborhood, just waiting to stick his hairy arm through our bedroom windows and snatch us up for dinner. Hey, Travis Crabtree! You can have your filthy bigfoot infested swamp.

IF you've never seen 1980's NIGHT OF THE DEMON you owe it to yourself to find a copy. Yes, that's the one where Bigfoot slings a guy in a sleeping bag onto a pointy stick, forces two Girl Scouts to stab each other to death, rips off a guy's tallywacker, dances around slinging guts all over, and impregnates a crazy hillbilly.

There's a fairly recent "found footage" bigfoot movie where he (SPOILER!) turns out to be a good guy trying to save a bunch of obnoxious hipsters from aliens but I don't remember what it's called.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Bigfoot movies/documentaries? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.