Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:50:42 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015)  (Read 18500 times)
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2015, 06:16:09 PM »

Why did Rey look like a Ninja Turtle, when we 1st saw her?

Scavenger gear.

She was scavenging the Imperial Star Destroyer.

Who'll cameo in the upcoming sequels?

I hope it's Billy Dee Williams or Ian McDiarmid.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Raffine

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2015, 09:14:26 PM »

A sneak peek at the DeLuxe packaging for the BluRay/DVD Collector's Edition:

Smile

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Archivist

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 01:36:09 AM »

LOL.  Gotta love 70's and 80's VHS labels.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 11:36:14 PM »

I wasn't disappointed in the movie, but I wasn't exactly blown away either.  The best way I can sum up my feelings is with a quote from the Salon.com review of it which states:

"You can choose to understand The Force Awakens as an embrace of the mythological tradition, in which the same stories recur over and over with minor variations. Or you can see it as the ultimate retreat into formula.... There are moments when it feels like both of those things, profound and cynical, deeply satisfying and oddly empty."

That phrase "oddly empty" hit the nail on the head for me.  It was lacking something.  Maybe a second viewing will change my mind, but for now I'm giving it 2.5 stars out of 4.
akiratubo

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2016, 12:19:54 AM »

I finally saw it.  It was ... ok.  Here's an image I made that just about sums up my thoughts.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2016, 12:37:03 AM »

I saw it for the second time tonight, and I think my wife and I both enjoyed it more the second time around.
A worthy successor to the original films!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2016, 01:09:26 AM »

I could not have been happier with how this film turned out. It felt like Star Wars, it looked like Star Wars, it sounded like Star Wars. It didn't get bogged down in world-building, it didn't have robotic dialogue, and it didn't suffer from every past and present character requiring at least an hour of screen time each.

The main gripe I heard from people (aside from everything else the internet crapped its pants about) was that it was derivative of A New Hope. Nice observation, want a cookie?

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2016, 01:27:10 PM »

That was my reaction, really. Nothing more to say.

I thought they should have done more with the Storm Trooper Captain, with all the shiny armor, the cape, the big gun and all of that.

And I also thought that "Snoke" was too CGI effects. He looked okay from a far away viewpoint, but once they zoomed in, I though there were too many 3D effects, when he would have looked fine if they just put creepy makeup on a guy.

Aside from that, I loved it! Everything about it was memorable and awesome! I could so watch it again, along with the other movies.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 04:09:56 PM by Gene Worm » Logged

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 09:18:32 AM »

I saw it for the second time tonight, and I think my wife and I both enjoyed it more the second time around.

Went to see it again on Saturday as Kristi wanted to see it again for her birthday. Felt exactly the same way on the repeat viewing. I did have a few minor issues with the movie (nothing I can write though without putting spoilers in), but nothing big enough to spoil my enjoyment of the film and I am looking forward to the next one.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2016, 10:59:27 PM »

I finally saw this today. This is everything that the prequel trilogy should've been.

I left the theater with a big smile on my face.  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2016, 09:25:06 PM »

So, is Rey:

1.  A Skywalker,

2.  A Kenobi, or

3.  Other?

Her raw force giftedness and the closeness of the story arc with episode 4 argue for #1.

Her balance, nobility, integrity argue for 2.   (And, Sir Alec's voice during the vision:  "Rey!")

I have no option 3 ideas that don't seem utterly arbitrary, thrown-in.
Archivist

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2016, 10:24:08 PM »

So, is Rey:

1.  A Skywalker,

2.  A Kenobi, or

3.  Other?

Her raw force giftedness and the closeness of the story arc with episode 4 argue for #1.

They had better make a darn good set of reasons for this in future movies, because that level of giftedness is entirely unprecedented in the SW universe.  None of the others had that kind of untrained skill, regardless of how gifted they were.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2016, 11:40:14 PM »

I've been thinking about that since I saw the movie the first time.

I don't know how sentient The Force is supposed to be - but could it be that the Light Side is trying to reassert itself in the absence of the Jedi by manifesting more strongly than it once did?  Think about it - for all his immaturity and anger issues, Kylo Ren is more skilled in the use of The Force than Vader or Yoda ever demonstrated.  I mean, freezing a blaster bolt in mid-air?

At any rate, that's my explanation.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2016, 07:18:32 AM »

So, is Rey:

1.  A Skywalker,

2.  A Kenobi, or

3.  Other?

They had better make a darn good set of reasons for this in future movies, because that level of giftedness is entirely unprecedented in the SW universe.  None of the others had that kind of untrained skill, regardless of how gifted they were.

Yoda told Luke he failed because of a lack of belief.  Rey believes with all the fervor of a child clinging to the stories she has found comfort and inspiration in.  That is a key component in any 'magical' undertaking: knowing down in your bones that it is so.  Anything less is quite an impediment.  I think she trumps Luke et al in determination, too; she has had to be a self-reliant survivor and being capable has been of paramount importance to her continued existence.  

Balance has always been a key theme with The Force.  So naturally a power like Ren's will have its counter arise. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:22:01 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Archivist

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 03:19:27 AM »

Even as we speak, JJ Abrams' team is scouring the internet, reading our comments and taking notes. "Must explain Rey's Force abilities properly...  Must do more with secondary characters... Must make Fin less crotch whipped..."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.