Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:55:16 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Bad TV Shows You Love To Watch « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bad TV Shows You Love To Watch  (Read 7710 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: December 21, 2015, 08:59:29 AM »

Like Pretty Little Liars. Every time I watch this show, my left brain says, "This is so ridiculous..." But my right brain goes, "Man, I wanna watch another episode!"

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 11:39:06 AM »

SUPERHUMAN BAROM 1 (1972): Bought the original DVD set a long time ago, and I've been wanting it for a long time before then. I had no idea how fun it actually was to watch! I knew it would be interesting, because for those who don't know, it's a Japanese "tokusatsu", which basically means a TV show with rubber monsters and sometimes rubber superheroes (take Ultraman as an example). It's all in Japanese with no subtitles, which means I can't understand hardly anything the characters are saying, but it's entertaining nonetheless. With goofy monsters, funny characters, silly sounds, and the goofy superhero, it is definitely my kind of show!

WARRIOR OF LIGHT DIAMOND EYE (1973): Another tokusatsu! I love that genre. More silly monsters, this time in a gang! And the hero comes from a Diamond Ring and wields a katana. I bought the original "pioneer release" last month, in separate volumes (which is way cheaper than buying the whole thing, which is like $500+) and wow. It was interesting! Some of the monsters were silly, and the hero is so dopey looking! I especially love "Gerarachin", an insect monster with a turtle shell!

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:23:52 PM »

Gilligan's Island  Thumbup

Small | Large

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 04:49:19 PM »

There's this, of course....

! No longer available Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 12:27:39 AM »

Also, can't forget:

ULTRAMAN ACE (1972): This time, the Ultra hero goes against object and animal based monsters called "Choju". From a urine-stained mattress, to a horseshoe crab, to a balloon, to a swimming pool, to a violin, and even a pigeon!

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Archivist

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 02:12:48 AM »

Many of the 90's and early 2000's TV shows I have liked only lasted a season or two.

Time Trax with Dale Midkiff

Street Justice with Carl Weathers and Bryan Genesse.  Note the awesome late 80's style synth track!

Dark Justice with Ramy Zada

Raven, with Jeffrey Meek, again with the late 80's synth rock track!

Also very fond of Renegade, with Lorenzo Lamas, which lasted more than a couple of seasons.  Funnily, Lorenzo Lamas was married to Kathleen Kinmont, who also starred in the show.  When their marriage dissolved, and he took up with Shauna Sand (ex Playboy), Kathleen was out and Shauna came on board.

Kindred: The Embraced, with Mark Frankel, who tragically passed away in a motorcycle accident.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 03:55:42 PM »

Uhm...  Question  'Kay.  Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »

SUPERHUMAN BAROM 1 (1972): Bought the original DVD set a long time ago, and I've been wanting it for a long time before then. I had no idea how fun it actually was to watch! I knew it would be interesting, because for those who don't know, it's a Japanese "tokusatsu", which basically means a TV show with rubber monsters and sometimes rubber superheroes (take Ultraman as an example). It's all in Japanese with no subtitles, which means I can't understand hardly anything the characters are saying, but it's entertaining nonetheless. With goofy monsters, funny characters, silly sounds, and the goofy superhero, it is definitely my kind of show!

This is fantastic.  I think it's a little before my time, but I've seen this before.  I grew up with Power Rangers, which is an Americanized version of Super Sentai, which has been running in Japan for 40+ years.  In fact, Stan Lee was a fan of Sentai and tried to adapt it here but failed, and Saban picked it up and hit with Mighty Morphin.  Even found episodes of Japanese Spider-Man online.  

Zyuranger, from Japan.
Small | Large

Mighty Morphin, the US version. 
Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:34:29 PM by HappyGilmore » Logged

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 10:43:16 PM »

This is fantastic.  I think it's a little before my time, but I've seen this before.  I grew up with Power Rangers, which is an Americanized version of Super Sentai, which has been running in Japan for 40+ years.  In fact, Stan Lee was a fan of Sentai and tried to adapt it here but failed, and Saban picked it up and hit with Mighty Morphin.  Even found episodes of Japanese Spider-Man online.  

Zyuranger, from Japan.
http://youtu.be/US6DJnk4z6Q

Mighty Morphin, the US version. 
http://youtu.be/oRojY4uZNI8

Recently (ish) after making that post, I uploaded the fight scenes from Barom 1 onto Dailymotion. You can see the playlist here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x489al_gene-worm_barom-1-fight-scenes/1#video=x3ird8v

To be completely honest, as much of a fan of rubber monsters I am, I only saw Power Rangers a couple times. One had a singing pumpkin and the other had an octopus-thing. That's all I can really remember. I remember being entertained by it too. I think I may just have to give this show a "proper" go.

Also, by "Japanese Spider-Man", do you mean the Spider-Man by Toei?! That show is so amazingly bad, that it's just... awesome. It's Spiderman and Ultraman put together to make a surprisingly stupendous combination!

Still waiting to receive Diamond Eye. I think I worded it confusingly, but I don't actually have it yet. It was actually a pre-order and the show doesn't "release" until tomorrow. So, sorry about that. Anyways here's what happens to be the first episode that somebody found and uploaded:

Assault! Human (1972):

This one's supposed to be super rare because NTV (Nippon TeleVision) accidentally lost their own footage of it. Pretty sad, to be honest. It's probably too lost and obscure, but I really hope that footage of this turns up so all of us can see it for ourselves.

WHITE LION MASK (1973):

I really want to get this one! This has to be the lowest budget tokusatsu to ever have been seen. Okay, that may be too far. But seriously. The characters are people in silly clothing and masks. The hero's also... bizarre looking....

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 06:57:31 PM »

Recently (ish) after making that post, I uploaded the fight scenes from Barom 1 onto Dailymotion. You can see the playlist here:

To be completely honest, as much of a fan of rubber monsters I am, I only saw Power Rangers a couple times. One had a singing pumpkin and the other had an octopus-thing. That's all I can really remember. I remember being entertained by it too. I think I may just have to give this show a "proper" go.

Also, by "Japanese Spider-Man", do you mean the Spider-Man by Toei?! That show is so amazingly bad, that it's just... awesome. It's Spiderman and Ultraman put together to make a surprisingly stupendous combination!

Still waiting to receive Diamond Eye. I think I worded it confusingly, but I don't actually have it yet. It was actually a pre-order and the show doesn't "release" until tomorrow. So, sorry about that. Anyways here's what happens to be the first episode that somebody found and uploaded:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3dunf6

Assault! Human (1972):
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yqra1_totsugeki-hyuman-op_shortfilms
This one's supposed to be super rare because NTV (Nippon TeleVision) accidentally lost their own footage of it. Pretty sad, to be honest. It's probably too lost and obscure, but I really hope that footage of this turns up so all of us can see it for ourselves.

WHITE LION MASK (1973):
! No longer available
I really want to get this one! This has to be the lowest budget tokusatsu to ever have been seen. Okay, that may be too far. But seriously. The characters are people in silly clothing and masks. The hero's also... bizarre looking....

Yeah, yeah.  The Toei one is the Spider-Man show I saw.  Toei also produces the Sentai series, and in fact, Sentai was failing in the ratings and Toei took the concept of Spider-Man's mecha, Leopardon, and adapted it to Sentai so each ranger had a mecha that combined into one.  Saved that series.  

Spider-Man is fantastically bad but so completely enjoyable.  Diamond Eye looks good.

I can say for PR, the first 6 seasons are fantastic.  3 seasons of Mighty Morphin, 1 season of Zeo, 1 for Turbo and 1 for In Space.  One long story.  Which sounds crazy given they adapted like 7 different Japanese shows to tell it.   BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:09:34 PM by HappyGilmore » Logged

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 12:48:56 AM »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3dunf6

Assault! Human (1972):
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yqra1_totsugeki-hyuman-op_shortfilms

WHITE LION MASK (1973):
! No longer available

Yeah, yeah.  The Toei one is the Spider-Man show I saw.  Toei also produces the Sentai series, and in fact, Sentai was failing in the ratings and Toei took the concept of Spider-Man's mecha, Leopardon, and adapted it to Sentai so each ranger had a mecha that combined into one.  Saved that series.  

Spider-Man is fantastically bad but so completely enjoyable.  Diamond Eye looks good.

I can say for PR, the first 6 seasons are fantastic.  3 seasons of Mighty Morphin, 1 season of Zeo, 1 for Turbo and 1 for In Space.  One long story.  Which sounds crazy given they adapted like 7 different Japanese shows to tell it.   BounceGiggle

Diamond Eye's supposed to be arriving tomorrow. Maybe I can upload the fight scenes to DailyMotion.

Power Rangers sounds great, but I've heard it focuses a ton on the rangers instead of the monsters. But this doesn't really deter me because most tokusatsus (with exceptions) focus mainly on the main protagonist and they end up being really entertaining still.

Barom 1 was also done by Toei. Diamond Eye was done by Toho, the creators of the almighty Godzilla.

INAZUMAN (1974):

This one also is on my "want" list. It's basically about a mutated college student who fights against robots. Seems pretty goofy, but looks fun.

ADVENTURE! ROCKBAT (1975:
(there's static at the beginning, it's kinda loud).
I have no words for this... just watch and learn.

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 08:46:40 PM »

I know this off-topic, but I received my "box of diamonds", if you know what I mean....  Wink

More B-Shows:

ASSAULT! ARMOR JACK! (1996):
http://nicoviewer.net/sm147700
Hopefully the video works, it's on a weird Japanese site. It probably won't be embedded though. Okay, remember when I said White Lion Mask was one of the most low-budget tokusatsus? Well, I forgot to consider this one. The "show" was just a few episodes to promote the character made by the Japanese toy company "Amapro". Ironically, more than half of the monsters don't even have figures.

SAILOR FIGHT! (1993):

From the same magical creators of Armor Jack! It seems like it became a YouTube series after a while, and it's still being made!

SPECTREMAN (1972):

Basically, a giant golden man tries to save Earth from an evil space monkey and his army of pollution-based monsters!

EMERGENCY CALL 10-4, 10-10 (1972):

Never seen it, but according to Google Translate and Wikipedia Japan, it's about radio enthusiasts investigating mysterious incidents and usually encountering aliens. Seems interesting. Shame there's no dopey hero in a rubber suit, though.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 09:30:03 PM »

-op_shortfilms[/url]

Power Rangers sounds great, but I've heard it focuses a ton on the rangers instead of the monsters. But this doesn't really deter me because most tokusatsus (with exceptions) focus mainly on the main protagonist and they end up being really entertaining still.

ADVENTURE! ROCKBAT (1975:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d06av_bouken-rockbat_tv (there's static at the beginning, it's kinda loud).
I have no words for this... just watch and learn.

The earlier seasons place an equal balance on villains and heroes.  The more recent ones focus more on the heroes.  They even had a wedding early on.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Rockbat, I need to see more of that.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 09:07:38 PM »

I have some really random channel on my cable last night I watched My favorite Martian and the bionic Woman they were both on ppoint  Drink
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 10:39:05 PM »

I've been watching a lot of Diamond Eye recently, and I'm loving it! You'd think it's a children's show, but there is some violence. Well... not really. I learned that monsters disguised as gangsters with machine guns apparently cannot aim. Even when their enemy is stationary and about a foot away from them. And the hero doesn't really do a whole lot. He just twirls his cane which looks like a doorknob on a stick with a diamond on top, and he smacks people with it. Most of the time when he's fighting the main monster, Diamond Eye just stands there and lets the monster wear itself out with silly superpowers. After that, Diamond Eye shoots a red ball at them and they explode.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Bad TV Shows You Love To Watch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.