Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:15:56 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  is this site full of viruses or.....? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: is this site full of viruses or.....?  (Read 16000 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: December 22, 2015, 07:12:50 AM »

every time I come onto badmovies I get my virus protection flashing up that it's blocked attacks by something called 'angler exploit kit' or similar. also sometimes stuff tries to automatically download onto my pc which I have to cancel (it just happened now, a small file tried to download itself unprompted, no idea what it was). this has been happening for about the past year or so. I messaged Andrew about 6 months ago but got no reply. he doesn't seem to have logged in for the past 3 months. anyone had similar? this is the only site I visit which gives me these virus messages

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 09:38:02 AM »

Yes, occasionally. It must come from a malicious advertiser. I'm not sure what we can do on our end other than have up-to-date virus protection on our computers.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »

Yes, occasionally. It must come from a malicious advertiser. I'm not sure what we can do on our end other than have up-to-date virus protection on our computers.

Drop the malicious ad(s)?  Take it to the ad service and tell them to police it on their end or drop them (the service) completely.

One thing you really DON'T want in this day and age is to gain a reputation for serving malware.  It should NEVER be solely up to the end-user for protection (**).  Site admins have a responsibility to cut serving malware as soon as they are aware their site is a vector.

(**) Why do I say this?  Because end-user, client side protection is ALWAYS behind the malware curve. End users bear responsibility for their own machines...this is true.  But, that's the final layer in what should be a layered defense...a defense that STARTS with people not knowingly or willingly spreading malware from servers.

{Tech rant off...sorry}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 12:25:15 PM »

yeah,always have virus protection and wouldn't surf the net without it... still, nothing is 100% though. it's just not nice to see youre under 'attack' from something either way tbh!

ulthar sounds like he knows what's up, I don't understand the tech-y side of it though...

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 12:38:01 PM »

Drop the malicious ad(s)?  Take it to the ad service and tell them to police it on their end or drop them (the service) completely.

One thing you really DON'T want in this day and age is to gain a reputation for serving malware.  It should NEVER be solely up to the end-user for protection (**).  Site admins have a responsibility to cut serving malware as soon as they are aware their site is a vector.

(**) Why do I say this?  Because end-user, client side protection is ALWAYS behind the malware curve. End users bear responsibility for their own machines...this is true.  But, that's the final layer in what should be a layered defense...a defense that STARTS with people not knowingly or willingly spreading malware from servers.

{Tech rant off...sorry}

Yes, that's what Andrew should do, but until he does something, I'm not sure what else we can do as users. We mods have no access to those things.

On my site I only use Google Ads and have never seen any of these issues.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 08:23:48 AM »

btw should also point out this only happens when I'm browsing on my pc, in Internet explorer. everything seems fine in safari browser on my iPad. I guess a lot of people don't use IE for browsing these days, so it's possibly not affecting that many other users?

guess it probably would work ok on my phone too, however my provider has blocked the site for 'adult content' or something silly

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  is this site full of viruses or.....? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.