Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:50:40 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BAD MOVIE-ISMS THAT MAKE YOU ASK, "WHY?" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BAD MOVIE-ISMS THAT MAKE YOU ASK, "WHY?"  (Read 11932 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: March 18, 2016, 03:47:42 PM »

Why do so many late 60's / early 70's horror movies have awful songs in them that generally have NOTHING to do with the story?

(NOTE- The film SLASHED DREAMS has at least five songs in it, sung by a Joan Baez wannabe; one of which is titled, "Animals Are Clumsy, Too"!)

Any others?

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 05:05:11 PM »

So.. are we talking bad movie-isms in general, or songs in a film unrelated to the title?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 08:30:25 AM »

As for songs-WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »

Assuming that we are talking about just any Bad Movie-ism....

Why do the military always attack giant rubber monsters, but it never works? They never appear to learn, and they always seem shocked when the monster finally destroys their plastic, firework-shooting tanks, jets, spacecrafts, or sometimes, battleships (not the giant battleship, that one's a bird puppet).

But... why do the military only ever beat the monster if the giant rubber protagonist gets killed by the said monster.  Buggedout

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 01:07:41 PM »

Why do the military always attack giant rubber monsters, but it never works? They never appear to learn, and they always seem shocked when the monster finally destroys their plastic, firework-shooting tanks, jets, spacecrafts, or sometimes, battleships (not the giant battleship, that one's a bird puppet).

But... why do the military only ever beat the monster if the giant rubber protagonist gets killed by the said monster.  Buggedout
Wow...when did that last thing happen? Love to have seen that!
Yeah...well, Japan is the home of the kamikaze, so...
Joe Bob Briggs once asked during 'Godzilla Vs. Mothra' "If plan A don't work because of somethin' that goes wrong, when it almost works (I.E; 'Turn up the power! "But Sir...") why don't they try it again till it works?' See, Joe Bob did watch Monstervision with us...(sigh) miss that show.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 01:32:21 PM »

So.. are we talking bad movie-isms in general, or songs in a film unrelated to the title?

Bad movie-isms.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 01:36:36 PM »

http://youtu.be/wHRy-kpT8kA

I'd forgotten about that; thanks for sharing.
Just for that....

! No longer available Small | Large

Sorta has to do with the movie, but so what?

Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 09:51:57 PM »

Wow...when did that last thing happen? Love to have seen that!.

Well, the first time I've seen that happen was in Ultraman's first fight against Zetton. Too tired to remember any other times.

Ultraman gets his ass kicked, but some dude with orange pajamas and a rocket launcher is able to take out the monster.  Question

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 10:50:38 PM »

I remember one of my first truly bad movies, THE LOST EMPIRE, featured a blond woman smashing a tarantula that crawled onto her as she slept.  After crushing it with her shoe, she saw that is was filled with wires and gizmos on the inside.  She looked at the camera and said in a pouty, California-blond voice: "I HATE robot spiders!"

I have loved bad movies ever since.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 10:37:23 AM »

I remember one of my first truly bad movies, THE LOST EMPIRE, featured a blond woman smashing a tarantula that crawled onto her as she slept.  After crushing it with her shoe, she saw that is was filled with wires and gizmos on the inside.  She looked at the camera and said in a pouty, California-blond voice: "I HATE robot spiders!"

Hummm...wern't Kathy Ireland, were it?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Gene Worm
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 10:42:24 AM »

Hummm...wern't Kathy Ireland, were it?

Think it was Tracey Addams, since she's in the cast.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 03:24:40 PM »

I think I've mentioned this before....WHY, in bad movies, when people are dancing, they all seem to be dancing to different music, and it never seems to be the music on the soundtrack?

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 03:27:53 PM »

http://youtu.be/wHRy-kpT8kA

Dig this, RC....

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BAD MOVIE-ISMS THAT MAKE YOU ASK, "WHY?" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.