Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:48:33 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Strange things you see while driving around? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strange things you see while driving around?  (Read 6293 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: January 27, 2016, 02:10:41 AM »

On the way home yesterday, I went past a sign which advertised ninja classes. I think I should go sign up.  I found out that this is an ad for the Ninja Worrier Academy in Pretoria, so it is legit. Smile

This morning I saw a motorist pick up a huge rock from the road and toss it into his car. Why?  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 03:08:41 AM »

I once saw a man driving a car on a motorway reading a newspaper, while steering with his feet.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 05:38:06 AM »

I once saw a man driving a car on a motorway reading a newspaper, while steering with his feet.

Buggedout Buggedout

Yes, the news was good that day.  Wink

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 07:54:23 AM »

I was driving home from church one Sunday and saw a couple parked by the side of the road in a pickup truck, having sex in broad daylight, on a 102 degree Texas afternoon!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 08:15:41 AM »

I was driving home from church one Sunday and saw a couple parked by the side of the road in a pickup truck, having sex in broad daylight, on a 102 degree Texas afternoon!

Buggedout Buggedout

Those windows really got fogged up then?  Wink

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 01:32:11 PM »

Buggedout Buggedout

Those windows really got fogged up then?  Wink
Must have over heated the air conditioning!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:26:46 PM by Flangepart » Logged

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »

I once saw two kids walk out of a silo.  One of them was wearing a monkey mask.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 03:43:17 PM »

On the way home yesterday, I went past a sign which advertised ninja classes. I think I should go sign up.  I found out that this is an ad for the Ninja Worrier Academy in Pretoria, so it is legit. Smile

This morning I saw a motorist pick up a huge rock from the road and toss it into his car. Why?  Question

Simple. He collects rocks. God rest her. My late mother, the rock collector, use to do the same thing.

Nothing strange around where I live now, but . . .?!

Many years ago, when the family 1st drove thru Laguna Beach (California) we couldn't believe what we saw. It must have been that beach culture, which they have there, which we had never seen before. Still . . .?! The family went from calling Laguna Beach Laguna Beach to Gooney Beach thereafter.

Even earlier, I--too--saw a man reading the newspaper while in the car on the American's driver's side of the car, except, he was in an British car, where, the driver's side is on the right. Never seen anything like that again in the U.S.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »

Several years ago I went on a long winter drive through NE Iowa / SW Wisconsin.  I visited the tiny little town of Clayton, Iowa during my drive.  The town is along the Mississippi River, at the very end of a long and steep downhill grade.  There was this sign as one is approaching town that is telling truckers that they are not out of danger yet.

There were signs at the top of the hill warning truckers about the grade.  This was to tell semi truck drivers that they couldn't quite relax yet that the grade would become steeper again and if truckers weren't careful they'd put their truck in the Mississippi River.

Of course someone got rid of the D.  And they tried to get rid of the T and turn the R into an F.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 07:43:08 AM »

Of course someone got rid of the D.  And they tried to get rid of the T and turn the R into an F.

Question Now what would that spell........ oh  Wink

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 01:40:28 PM »

We were at a light one summer day back in '77, when a guy pulled up next to us on a chopper, wearing colors, a German spiked helmet, and a full gorilla suit.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 03:20:34 AM »

At a petrol station yesterday, there was this large thing that looked like an ATM which was actually a parcel courier drop off point. In bold letters on the front: THIS IS NOT AN ATM.  TeddyR

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 01:50:30 PM »

This wasn't strictly something we saw....
One night, I think it was back in '78, my friends Dave, Mike, George, and I were headed back into town, about ten or so. We were on Rt. 58, which at that stretch back then was pretty rural.

Dave, who was driving, decided to stop the car and roll another joint; we stopped in front of this old barn sitting a little ways off the road by itself. As we're sitting there Mike, who was riding shotgun, points at the barn and says,
"Wouldn't it be a trip if a bunch of guys in black, hooded robes, carrying torches, came from behind the barn, and started toward the car?"

About a beat later, we were FLYING down the road, the joint forgotten.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 12:20:22 PM »

In the summer of '96 two friends and I were in my car past dark in undeveloped farmland that drew us from time to time with the deserted quality it held. The stars were brighter in the rural vastness, the roads freer, the sense of travel and discovery more appealing. Out there we'd rarely see anyone at all, but one night we did have an encounter that left us chilled.

We’d reached the limits of the county and were looping west again toward our hometown, mostly out of cow country as we called it. We were approaching a stoplight when a car came up behind us, neither fast nor slow, its headlights no brighter than was to be expected, but at the intersection the vehicle which drew up beside us was a hearse, painted an oddly bright shade of blue, and old enough to be striking, a sort of ‘70s station wagon with frilled curtains in its rear windows and a wooden casket unmistakably filling most of its rear.

We all stopped talking and stared, but it was not the casket or the hearse that made me miss a breath, it was the driver. The driver was very….wrong. He had long sideburns, shiny black, almost glossy, and his hair was cut in a bowl. His suit had wide lapels, and looked like polyester, a blue almost exactly like that of the hearse. A leisure suit, I somehow realized. There was a white flower on his lapel, a big ring, I think Masonic, on his finger, and he stared straight ahead. The vibe I got off him made my body feel cold. He looked completely anachronistic, as did the hearse. He appeared exactly like someone stepping out of the 1970s might. Even at the height of the by-then defunct 90210 craze nobody wore those sorts of sideburns---thick and to the center of the cheek---and nobody this man’s age had worn sideburns at all in a generation. He was motionless behind the wheel. Absolutely…still.

When the light changed the hearse pulled past us and made its turn and the air seemed to return to normal, though inside my car we were freaked, and as we compared thoughts we all had independently concluded the same thing: something wasn’t right with that car and driver.

Eventually we laughed and made jokes about seeing a ghost. Being closer to home amid the bright lights of town made that easier, but I laid in bed that night with my light and TV on, telling myself it was nothing more than a funeral home doing a pickup, some small town business so far into the country they hadn’t bought a new hearse in decades, and fashion had stalled around the same time as Elvis' heart. And yet when I thought about that man, it indisputably felt like my soul was a few degrees colder.

True story.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 11:24:22 PM »

We were at a light one summer day back in '77, when a guy pulled up next to us on a chopper, wearing colors, a German spiked helmet, and a full gorilla suit.

My brother has a cow mask that he wears from time to time.  My feline niece doesn't like it when he wears the mask.

He took it with him on his honeymoon and one day put it on while lounging on the beach.  His current FB profile pic is him sitting back enjoying a bottle of beer wearing that mask.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Strange things you see while driving around? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.