Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:28:15 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies and 70s culture « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies and 70s culture  (Read 9089 times)
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 08:48:29 PM »

Man with the golden gun was the first Bond I saw, my step dad had it on video (taped off the telly). Think I had the whole film including ad breaks memorised by the age of 10, lol

Wasn't born till the end of the 70s but I still get nostalgic watching 70s movies, not sure how that works

Goodness, yes.  I think it's because of the time period itself.  Most of the reruns of recent movies and TV shows you saw would have been shot in the late 60's and early-mid 70's.  In Australia, I grew up watching The Midday Movie on Sunday, which was often a black and white Hollywood Golden Age movie.  Even in the late 80's, movies from the 50's, 60's and 70's were shown as late night movies.

What's scary is that there are now adults who watched The Matrix as kids.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 11:45:18 AM »

yeah good point, I probably did watch a lot of earlier 70s stuff repeated growing up...

Great 70's mélange of horror, Blaxploitation, and idunnowhatall, THE BEAST MUST DIE!

! No longer available

didn't notice that was posted. love this film. really campy but fun. Got a promo poster of it on my wall

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
voltron

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 10:39:47 AM »

Alan's pants in Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.  Twirling

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 03:34:10 PM »

Alan's pants in Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.  Twirling

I used to own a pair of those....and MY name is Alan.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 03:59:31 PM »

This movie made fun of the "perfect housewife" mores that were still present at the time.  Smiling, totally obedient to their husbands, always did all the shopping and cooking, etc. 

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 02:47:57 PM »

Another 70's film trend, the JAWS rip-off; this one, CLAWS, was one of the worst....

! No longer available Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2016, 03:09:21 AM »

The Abductors even though I was too young to fully appreciate these types of movies in the 70s when I bought it from Shocking Videos in 97 it really gave me an appreciation for these type of movies particularly since there is no way that a movie like that could be released theatrically in the PC enviorment of the past twenty years. Blazing Stewardess's defiantly a 70s fick.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 03:04:36 PM »

70's FYA*....THE BLACK GESTAPO!

*Fo' Yo' A__

Archivist

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2016, 08:42:57 PM »

Great topic. There are so many. That was a wild decade.  Wink But here's a few that take me back.

This solves a 'what film was this' mystery that has played on my mind for years and years.  When I was a kid, I saw a movie on television with a scene that involved a woman washing a car, and what seemed like prison inmates working on the road and going bananas while watching her. 

The movie itself is not Car Wash: it is Cool Hand Luke (1967).  Not a 70's movie, but kind of close.

Warning: NSFW

Much thanks to Hammock Rider for prompting this merry trail of association!

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies and 70s culture « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.